“Excellent place for Downtown Calgary” 4 of 5 stars
Review of International Hotel Calgary

You added International Hotel Calgary to your Saves list
International Hotel Calgary
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   220 4th Ave SW | Alberta, Calgary, Alberta T2P 0H5, Canada   |
Special Offer
Spring Weekend Savings
Ranked #24 of 100 Hotels in Calgary
Tullibardine
“Excellent place for Downtown Calgary”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

This was one of the best offers when searching for an overnight stay in Calgary. It's ideally located to the city centre and C Train for exploring and easy walking for restaurants and bars. It's probably worth asking the concierge where is best to go as I spent some time trying to find somewhere. The rooms were very spacious and comfortable, service excellent and staff friendly. If offered take one of the higher floors as it gives a great view across the business district. I would certainly go back!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Ontario, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for our second year anniversary. I loved Calgary and the great service we received from Parisa and Emily. They went out of their way in my eyes. So far the best service. We were given a nice large room, (3207) free breakfast and free wifi. The parking is a bit too pricey I must say. Taxi was called for us, we were helped with our luggage. Breakfast was delicious. I will most definitely be back. Thank you Parisa and Emily!!

Room Tip: Corner suit
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Stayed here during a recent business trip. The room was an oversized one bedroom suite. The seating/living room area was comfortable and roomy. Bedroom was nice, had French doors to close off from the living room, bed was comfortable and plenty of closet space.

Room service was ok, food was nothing special, but they were very prompt and professional in terms of service. We also had free breakfast which was a plus and a great way to start our morning.

Only complaint I have is the elevators took forever!! One of the elevators was out of service which caused for a stop on literally every floor on the morning I left.

Overall I enjoyed my stay here as it was located in central downtown Calgary.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

We stayed in Calgary for a night following a weekend in Banff. The hotel exceeded my expectations - the rooms were large, comfortable and well equipped. The bathroom could be modernised though and the lifts take a long time to arrive, although one is out of order following last years floods so that is understandable. The hotel staff were very helpful - in particular Jordan, who drove us to the science museum when we asked how to get there and was really friendly.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

I stayed in a suite on the 3rd floor, cost was over $300/night CAD. If I could have stayed at a Westin or Hyatt - I would have but they were even more expensive but maybe the $30-$50 difference would have been worth it. The sitting area was nice, the bed was comfortable and the rooms were plenty big... beyond that I can't say anything nice. The hotel is old and outdated and they are renovating but while they are doing so, I think they should lower the prices. There was a balcony door on my room which wouldn't lock (as a single female business traveler this is an issue), the bathroom was very run down and the fitness center is closed due to renovation. Other hotels normally move the gym equipment to a different room, not this hotel. You could take a shuttle to a local YMCA - but I didn't have time so I just did yoga in my room to an App on my iPhone. If you're going to pay this much money, you may as well spend a little more and stay someplace that is clean, quiet and modern. Maybe when this hotel has completed it's renovations, it will be worth the rate - but it isn't worth it today.

Room Tip: Stay on a high floor away from the elevators to get the quiet zone.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
InternationalCalgary, General Manager at International Hotel Calgary, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
There are no renovations going on at the Hotel rather only in our parkade and basement areas are repairs being completed from the disastrous Alberta 2013 flood.
While our pool and workout area located in the Hotel’s basement is being repaired which we indicate on our Hotel website for prospective guests advance information, we are offering complimentary passes to a large modern YMCA facility several blocks away from our Hotel. We will even drive you over! We anticipate our modernized workout facility will be open in the next few weeks.
All our guest rooms have all been fully updated and offer twice the living space of any downtown Calgary Hotel room. We offer free daily breakfast and free guest room WIFI and coupled with our affordable room rates means the best hotel value in downtown Calgary.
We offer exceptional customer service and if this guest had called down to our front desk to get assistance on the balcony door lock issue we would have sent our terrific maintenance personnel immediately to the room and had the balcony door lock working.
Edmonton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

2 nights and almost $800, so not worth it. Wireless internet goes in and out constantly, elevators going at all hours sounds like a train going through your bedroom, and tv cable went out very early on our second evening. We were told they were working on it but my 3 year old was not happy when it still was out at 11 am the next day.

Room Tip: Just don't bother.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We would like to apologize for the inconveniences you faced while staying with us last weekend. Our cable TV was disrupted one evening during your stay due to our third party in room movie provider's malfunction offsite. Our complimentary guest room WIFI service has been undergoing an enhancement with better coverage, faster speed and bigger capacity. We are completing the work this week and with that we expect to be offering the best internet experience of any Hotel in downtown Calgary. Hopefully you and your family enjoyed our complimentary breakfast during your stay with us. Again, our sincere apologies.
North Bay, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

My first choice of places to stay when i travel to Calgary is the International Hotel, mainly because of the +15, proximity to my business, the price and most of all the rooms are large and give me a sense of home space. The service is also one of the great assets.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade if you need to hold meetings there is a table with 6 chairs and you could use apr...

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to International Hotel Calgary? Share your experiences!