We started on the 17th floor and were both delighted with the size of room, huge bed and view. However, look a little deeper and it's just a little frayed at the edges. The toilet flooded on the fist night and flooded the room. As it was 1.30am there wasn't anyone around to help move rooms or even clear up the water but can't really hold the staff responsible for that. However we had noticed that the toilet wasn't very securely fixed to the floor on arrival. Leaving that aside we were moved to an identical room on the 3rd floor and were woken at 7.00 each morning by a generator and then the sound of traffic coming onto the hotel car park by our window. Breakfast was good but and cafe service was attentive. The hotel is situated nice and centrally in Calgary but I'm afraid the building does look like a rotten tooth amongst the bright shiny new buildings adjacent to it. However, let that not detract from it being unusual inasmuch as the size of the rooms and the facilities therein compare very well with newer more modern hotels, hence the 4 star rating
- Also Known As:
- Calgary International Hotel
- International Hotel Calgary
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The International Hotel Calgary offer's the best downtown location, great value in room rates, free deluxe buffet breakfast and free WIFI in all guest rooms. All of our Guest Suites include such luxurious amenities as high thread count sheets, pillow top mattress, duvet, and flat screen TV. Our suites range in size from 595 to 750 square feet and offer both living and bedroom spaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your International Hotel Suites Calgary reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.