“Comfortrable hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 98 Hotels in Calgary
edinburgh,scotland
“Comfortrable hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2009

Only booked this hotel through Sheraton web site the night before and arrived at 10 am - however we were able to go to our room straight away -impressive as the hotel is large and had a lot of people staying . . good organisation?

We were on the spg floor being gold card holders and were impressed with the space and quality of the room - also on the 7th floor you get a good view of the city.

Went for lunch at Colors restaurant in the hotel (the main restaurant is only open in the evenings) but staff were receptive and the food really good. had 2xsoup,2xsteaks, a shared desert and 2xbeers for Can$60 which we thought reasonable

If you are a gold card holder, you get breakfast in the club lounge which again has a good variety (hot and cold) and an even better view of the city including the calgary tower

If you are heading north, try a greek restaurant in Main Street, Airdrie - traditional greek food at good values

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Central Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for a zoo trip on the May long weekend. This hotel is clean each and every time I have ever been there. No matter how busy it is the staff is ready to help with any thing. I love this hotel for small kids because it is big and the water-park is attended to properly and it is a definite bonus for kids. I do not feel like a loser when my kids are loud because the hotel is set up great for families. The colors restaurant is another plus for this hotel. Good job ladies on the service it could not be matched in cow town. The food has always been tasty and good value for the money.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
brothervince
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2009

We took our family of 5 to the Sheraton recently. The staff were very friendly, room was extremely clean, but the waterpark is what really stands out. They have 2 waterslides, a large pool, a small toddler pool (shallow and wonderfully warm-our 3 and 5 year old lived in it and our newborn slept in it the whole time) and 2 hot tubs. They also supply great BodyGlove PFD's, towels that you can help yourself to, and have a licensed snack bar. The guards were also super friendly and helpful. We had a great stay and will continue to stay there again!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Chetwynd, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2009

I stayed at the hotel for 7 nights while I was taking a course in the hotel. when I checked in the staff was very friendly and helpfull, they even asked if I needed help with my luggage. during the week I ate at all the restaurants in the hotel and had above average service and food. a note here is the steak house is very expensive for what you get. the girls in Color's where fantastic, the food came very quickly and the pasta station was not only very good but very fast for those of us in the course and in a rush for lunch. When I checked out I had to wait for 6 hours for my flight but the staff let me have a late check out and then watched my luggage till it was time to go to the airport. the front door staff where always smiling and greeting you, the desk staff could not have been more helpfull and over all it was a great stay. Rhe cleaning staff was a little slow to get to my room but when they where done it was fit for the president. I will be coming back and I will be staying here again.

• Liked — the 3 hot tubs, Color's restaurant and the staff are great
  • Disliked — Carvers steakhouse is over priced
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2009

The hotel design and amenities were modern, casual bar seating area with fireplace, great restaurant prices reasonable. Staff super friendly and helpful. The rooms were ample, clean, and well designed with latest gadgets while enjoying view of Calgary. While my husband is not one to complain, he hated the thermal sheets and pillow cases which I will admit felt like SANDPAPER. Been to various high end hotels around the world. We thought the -29 degree weather may have contributed to the harshness of the sheets and pillow cases, but that is not the case. Rate A+ on everything BUT pillow cases and sheets. Although new and most cutting back on laundry costs for environment, they were not comfortable.

• Liked — modern, clean
  • Disliked — sandpaper bed sheets and pillow cases - too pricey for what you get
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
DOSMCAV, Director of Sales & Marketing at Sheraton Cavalier Hotel, responded to this review, January 26, 2009
Please let it be known that these sheets have been a delivery error by Sheraton's provider and we are working as quickly as possible to have all of them replaced and changed out. This is happening as we speak, so should be completely replaced by mid Feb 09.
Cambridge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2008

I have used the Sheraton Cavalier on a regular basis for business trips for a number of years. I have nothing but praise for the high standard of customer care extended to myself and my colleagues.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
california
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2008

I am in the process of making a cross country business trip and was offered this property as an option by my company. I have always trusted the Sheraton name and this one certainly did not dissappoint.

The bedrooms offered ample space and were comfortable and clean. The business services were excellent and I enjoyed the breakfast offered in the morning. Location was central to where i needed to be and I did appreciate the detailed directions given to me by the person at the counter.

I have no complaints about the property and should i ever be in the Calgary area again, I will definately consider them again as my choice of accommodation. I am scheduled to continue heading east tomorrow and should i be given an option to stay at a Sheraton, I am sure I will.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Sheraton Cavalier Hotel? Share your experiences!