“Barely Had to Leave the Hotel!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #29 of 98 Hotels in Calgary
Waterton Lakes National Park, Canada
“Barely Had to Leave the Hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

My husband and I stayed here over the weekend for our wedding anniversary. The weather was ridiculously cold (-20s- -30s) all weekend and we were grateful that we barely had to leave the hotel. Sunridge Mall is right near by and the hotel is surrounded by restaurants and has three dining options in it's lobby.

The water park was fun, but always crowded with families (not a bad thing, just how it was) so we just relaxed in the hot tub. My favourite was the amazing fitness centre with excellent equipment, TVs on all equipment, cold towels (such a luxury after a long run) and a TV that played the Olympics the whole time. I usually spend 45 minutes- hour working out but here I spent 1.5- 2 hours because it was so pleasant and I had the place to myself.

Our room was really nice though I was bummed there was only a shower and no tub. And my husband couldn't get over that there was no fridge or TV guide. Ha ha! Men! Also, the in room Starbucks coffee was really good.

Overall, it was a great stay and so nice to barely have to go out in the cold the whole weekend.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Adriana M, Public Relations at Sheraton Cavalier Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
We would like to thank you for sharing your experience, we’re glad you were able to benefit from all the comforts we have to offer! We are very proud of our recent renovations and are happy you were able to enjoy our new, updated Fitness Centre powered by Core Performance. As you said, in our traditional king rooms there is only a shower. Our traditional rooms with two queens beds do offer the bath tub option if you prefer, or one of our newly renovated suites for a future anniversary stay! A suite would include access to our Exclusive Club Lounge. It includes complimentary continental breakfast in the morning and appetizers in the evening, snacks throughout the day, and a beautiful view of our city skyline and the Rocky Mountains. We are sorry to hear that our mini fridge was not accommodating, in the future you may remove the items from our in room mini fridge for personal use. We’re glad we could provide your husband and yourself with on site comforts to ensure a warm and memorable stay! Thank you for choosing our property for you anniversary, and invite you to stay with us in the future!

Happy Anniversary!

Adriana
adrianam@sheratoncalgary.ca
Sales & Marketing Coordinator
Sheraton Cavalier Hotel Calgary

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Lethbridge, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Every year we take our adult kids to the Sheraton for a fun weekend. Since what I was looking for was not mentioned on the website I contacted the hotel directly. Through several, very helpful, emails with the reservations manager I booked a family suite and a connecting room. This gave us access to the Club lounge, which is a real treat and well worth the extra money. The family suite was wonderful with a pull out sofa and a separate bedroom with a king size bed. Lots of space.
There is a little (full) fridge in the room and we had to use it for several baby bottles. Once home, I found an extra charge on my bill, so I think once you start moving things in that fridge, it must 'trigger' something, because we never used anything. Not worth the hassle with phoning, since it was a small charge.
This weekend was a mini vacation for us and we will definitely be back next January in those same rooms. Thank you Sheraton Cavalier!

Room Tip: Family suite and connecting room were 416-418,
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Adriana M, Public Relations at Sheraton Cavalier Hotel, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We’re pleased to hear that a member of our management team was able to connect with you in finding suitable accommodations. Each of our newly renovated queen suites are equipped with an adjoining door to an additional room, which make it ideal for families like yours to enjoy! As you mentioned, the Club Lounge does provide great value with its complimentary breakfast and snacks throughout the day. Our mini bar fridges are not equipped with the weight system you are referring to, and it concerns me that you were charged for an item you did not consume. I invite you contact myself directly, and I will look into the matter personally . Thank you for including us in your yearly fun, family tradition and we hope to see you next year!

Adriana
adrianam@sheratoncalgary.ca
Sales & Marketing Coordinator
Sheraton Cavalier Hotel Calgary
Red Deer, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

I had two visits to the Cavalier this month. It's not a bad hotel, the rooms are nice. They have nice ammenities. The gym is good. Front desk staff is helpful and friendly.

However, both times I had charges to my room from the restaurant and the pub. I never set foot in either of those places let along charge anything to my room. Now on the good side, the bills were corrected quickly. But I can see this happening once, but two times in a row on seperate stays? That's just strange.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
DOSMCAV, Director of Sales at Sheraton Cavalier Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We certainly agree that this is a very odd circumstance. I have tried to research internally but cannot find any details of this occurring without more information. We would certainly like to be able to follow up to see how or why this would happen to you. I would like to ask you to please contact us directly so that we may ask you for details that will allow us to properly investigate. You can email Scott, Rooms Division Manager at scottw@sheratoncalgary.ca or call him directly at (403)250-6322. We do hope you give us the opportunity to follow up with you.
Thank you!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed one night here before we left to Mexico. We decided to stay in the club room. The front desk was full of smiling faces and the lady we checked in with was very friendly and professional. The room was very nice, the bed was comfortable and the view from our room was beautiful. Highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
DOSMCAV, Director of Sales at Sheraton Cavalier Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. We are extremely pleased you had sunch a pleasant stay with us! We are very proud of our newly refreshed and completed renovated htoel - and you are quite correct - the view from the 8th floor offers the only vantage point in the city of the mountatins and the entire city scape on a clear day. We hope you make us your hotel of choice when in Calgary!
Dundas, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

First, to give credit where credit is due, it's a nice hotel as far as cleanliness. But the staff has issues. I was traveling with a colleague, though we arrived separately on different flights. I had pricelined the two rooms, one in each of our names. Upon check in, my colleague was denied access to getting a room despite having a confirmation number associated with her name. After a couple of phone calls with the front desk, it was ultimately fixed, but then a discussion with the manager was equally disappointing. I ended up feeling like I got the run around multiple times by both staff and management. Dealing with this when on a tight time schedule and on business leads to my rating.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
DOSMCAV, Director of Sales at Sheraton Cavalier Hotel, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
I am sorry to hear that you had a frustrating arrival experience at our hotel. Certainly that is not what we want our guests to experience and we take pride in training and development of our associates to ensure they understand the importance of a seamless and courteous arrival process. I am sure that the assocaite was taking necessary security precautions in regard to identification matching the reservation. However, as our Manager on Duty did not make you feel as though your concerns were properly addressed, we have obviously dropped the ball here. Please be assured that I will do my best to find out details aobut your particular situation so that we might address the particular associates involved appropriately. We do hope you will give us another opportunity to show you that most of our guests return for the friendly and helpful assocaties that so many have been with us for so many years - in addition of course to the great product offerings we have!
north vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Stayed at the hotel early December for business while in Calgary. Very good location near the airport in the sun ridge area. I was lucky my meeting were in this part of the city so I did not have to go downtown. The hotel is standard Sheraton with spacious rooms nice beds and bedding. Decent lounge in the lobby and good food in restaurants. All in all a good stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our hotel is conveniently located just 15 minutes from both the airport and downtown, with easy access to all areas of the city. We also offer ample complimentary parking allowing you even more value for your stay. Located in the airport business district there are plenty of restaurants and shopping close by, while of course we still offer many dining options within the hotel. We hope you return to visit us soon!
Lowell, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Sheratons like this property are the reason I'm considering a switch to Starwood properties. Newly updated, very friendly staff (concierge access to a non SPG elite, before I hit status). Great decor, good food in the pub downstairs. Free parking. Outside of hotel looks a little run down, but since the interior has already been updated, I expect they'll tackle the exterior soon.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
DOSMCAV, Director of Sales at Sheraton Cavalier Hotel, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your very generous comments. We ar epleased that the $16M investment in property improvements shows to our guests! We are very proud of our hotel and all the service, amenities and quality of product we offer. Please note that we certainly will be looking at a refresh for our exterior in the future. We do hope that Starwood is your accommodation provider of choice in the future!

Been to Sheraton Cavalier Hotel? Share your experiences!