“Consistently Positive Attiudes Would Make a Perfect Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #27 of 98 hotels in Calgary
Regina, Canada
“Consistently Positive Attiudes Would Make a Perfect Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I find this hotel to be up to the standards I anticipate from Sheraton: cleanliness, large comfortable rooms, great beds and attractive public areas and good restaurants. It has been renovated in the recent past and kept up to date. Because the main route to the Calgary International Airport has been permanently closed the hotel is now a little out of the way but because my work is focused in the McCall Industrial Park, it is a good location for me. And now an opportunity for improvement.The attitude of the front desk employees is somewhat of a mystery to me. Over the last three times I have stayed at this hotel I have found the Front Desk employees to be somewhat sullen and very serious. While to be sure they are professional and polite, their body language and facial expression suggests to me they would rather be somewhere else. All of the other employees I have encountered at the hotel are terrific; they greet me with large sincere smiles and they really brighten my day. A little coaching on the front desk and I would rate the hotel as excellent.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

319 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Westfield, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We picked this hotel because of its close proximity to the airport and the "water park". Turns out that following the flood, the hotel was no longer that close because the shuttle had to detour to the airport. However, I thought the hotel staff was very accommodating. The water park was a lot of fun for my kids (the main reason we stayed there) but I would suggest asking for a higher floor. We were on the 2nd floor--same level as the pool entrance--so it was really noisy day and night. Hotel is walkable to many restaurants and also had 2-3 on the premises. They offered a free shuttle to the airport which was really convenient as we didn't have the car at that point in the trip.

Room Tip: I would suggest requesting a floor higher up to avoid noisy traffic on the lower levels.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
La Grange, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

This is a very nice business hotel. The staff is friendly, the room are spacious and very clean, of course the beds are very comfortable as I expect being a Sheraton. I was in town for a seminar I was giving and really enjoyed the hotel as well as their banquet department. I will certainly rebook again for an event. The only draw back is the location. It is not the best as their is nothing interesting to do and see in the serounding of the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
Miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Front desk staff was very helpful and we really enjoyed are stay. While most often we stay in the core of the city it was nice to be close to the airport and the Thai Boat resturant. Short but nice stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

This Sheraton is at it's best. A very nice hotel that is very well located as it is close to the airport, among great restaurants and easy access in and around Calgary. The room was very nice with a great bed and was super clean! It was so nice and quiet that I had a great night sleep. I had a fun time with the front desk as we joked around and they made me feel at home. I have no complaints about this hotel and will return if I have the opportunity.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
DOSMCAV, Director of Sales at Sheraton Cavalier Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Reading a glowing review such as yours truly makes us proud of what we do. I will be certain to share your comments with the entire team. Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We hope you will make us your hotel of choice when next in Calgary.
Vernon, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stayed Friday, Saturday and Sunday night. The hotel was very kid friendly. Ate at the steak house the first night, with our 4 year old son. The service and food were awesome. My husband and I had filet mignon, that was excellent. There was a kid's menu and we were made to feel very comfortable there with our son. We also had breakfast twice at Colours which was excellent both days, really catering to families. The best part was the water slides and pool area. We had the best time with our little guy. He could't get enough of the slides. No line ups and the convenient snack shack near the pool. Two hot tubs and perfect little kiddie pool at a great temperature.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
So gald to hear that you enjoyed your weekend with us. It is always our goal to help you create special family memories. Very nice to hear that you were able to take advantage of most of our outlets and services, and that you were so happy with them. Please come back and visit us again soon!
Frauenfeld, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I was staying at the hotel for a month and i had a wonderful time.The rooms are very gorgeous and they had everything necessary what i needed.They're having a nice indoor pool,where it's nice to just relax and go swimming.Very attractive is the Colors restaurant for breakfast and Carvers with its great and tasty steaks at night.When you're into beer then Henrys Pub might be your best choice,with a huge selection and good food aswell.I absolutely loved this place and fully recommend it with the very helpful staff,who helped me getting from the airport to the hotel and supported me with informations about the city.They truly fulfilled my wishes in need,so i can only say: 'Thanks again for everything and i hope i get back to here someday.'

Room Tip: it might be better to choose the 3 floor when you're liking it quiet,otherwise the second floor...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations. We understand that travelling for such an extended period can be straining and we are so glad to hear that you helped to make your stay comfortabel and enjoyable. Thank you for allowing us to host you and we hope we are able to welcome you back again soon!

Been to Sheraton Cavalier Hotel? Share your experiences!