“Clean and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Alberta, Canada
“Clean and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

The hotel is continually improving on its facilities and now has a new fitness room on the ground floor. There is also an open bar area in the lobby and a more traditional pub close to the elevators which serves good food.
My room was clean and well equipped.
Two good restaurants are located immediately across 32 avenue from the hotel which is very convenient.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
DOSMCAV, Director of Sales at Sheraton Cavalier Hotel, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and share your experience with our guests. We are very pleased to hear that you are enjoying all of our upgrades - it is a very excitting time for us! Please come back and visit soon - finishing touches are just been ut on the final parts of the hotel renovation. Come back and experience all we have to offer!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Lethbridge, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

It has been many years since we stayed at the Sheraton Cavalier and decided to give it another try on our family (5 adults and a baby)weekend.
I booked two rooms and had asked for a connecting door, since we traveled with a baby. After I got the confirmation emailed to me, I decided to upgrade to Club level for an extra $ 40 per room.
When we arrived at the hotel, the Manager personally got involved and made us feel very welcome.
The rooms are renovated and look wonderful.
Beds are very comfortable, but between the comforter and sheets is another comforter which makes a plastic crunchy sound when you move in the bed, not sure what the purpose is of that comforter.
Bathrooms are still small but with the shelf underneath the sink there is lots of space for your toiletries (which by the way are bigger than other hotel and smell wonderful).
No bath tub, but a big shower instead.
Now, lets move to the upgrade we booked. We found it well worth it, especially since we were kind of 'stuck' to the hotel having a baby with us. The Club lounge was quiet with great hors d'oeuvres (chicken skewers, calamari, shrimp, cheeses and fresh fruit). Best thing was their coffeemaker with Starbucks coffee. Next morning we had a delicious breakfast there.
The hotel has two big waterslides and are a lot of fun.
We always use different hotels when we go to Calgary, but I think we will stick with this one in future visits.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
DOSMCAV, Director of Sales at Sheraton Cavalier Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful experience with us! We are so glad to hear that you will make us your hotel of choice when visiting Calgary! I would like to comment on the bedding. The "Sheraton Sweet Sleeper" bedding is made up of a top sheet, a feather tick comforter, another bed sheet and the comforter/duvet. The feather ticks are brand new and I have to be honest and tell you that they do seem a little stiff until they wear in a bit. That is probably what you thought sounded crunchy. We like to keep things as fresh as possible but I guess there can be a downside! We are so pleased that you enjoyed all the amentiies and services that the hotel has to offer and hope you will be back to visit us again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I had to spend one short night in Calgary due to flight scheduling and was very happy I chose the Sheraton Cavalier. The airport shuttle was prompt, clean and was operated by a very friendly and professional driver. The front desk staff was quick, efficient and courteous. The room was impeccable and spacious. Sadly I wasn't there long enough to try out the amenities within the hotel but will definitely be back to stay here again! Price was very reasonable for the quality of room I had.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
DOSMCAV, Director of Sales at Sheraton Cavalier Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you so much for posting your kind comments about your recent stay with us. We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope that we can welcome you back very soon so that you might experience even more of the amenities and services the hotel offers.
North Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I've been to this hotel a few times, but this is my first stay since they've completed their major renovation. All in all, I think they did a good job, however they should have dealt with the air conditioning/heating units... when its turned on, it sounds like a jet engine. You must turn up the TV... it will also wake you in the middle of the night when it turns on/off to manage the temperature... it made me wish I was in a different hotel!

Generally, I think this hotel is pretty good... free parking, close proximity to airport, good restaurants around, etc. but I'm hesitant to put myself through yet another night in this hotel with that old beast A/C unit. For my next trip to Calgary in a couple weeks, I think I'll try someplace else.

Also, while the service here is generally very good I didn't really enjoy the fella who came to deliver my breakfast in-room... He was blabbing away on his bluetooth/intercom thing to someone else while he was placing the tray on my table/waiting for me to sign the receipt... I found it particularly annoying at 6:45AM. Advice: turn that thing off when you come into a guest's room.

Room Tip: bring earplugs if you turn on the A/C -- it's loud :(
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
DOSMCAV, General Manager at Sheraton Cavalier Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank-you for your feedback and review of our recently completed $12 million dollar upgrade to our guestrooms and lobby space. With respect to your comments concerning a noisy air unit, these are new as well providing instant heating and cooling to the guest room no matter the season. If they were unusually noisy when activated it could be that this unit was either not operating properly, or the thermostat was set to maintain an extreme temperature. Most hotels in North America use a similar system in their guest rooms which are controlled directly by the digital thermostats in the room and when not required can be turned off. Should this happen again in the future I might suggest that you call the guest service centre - perhaps Maintenance may have been able to correct this for you. I do hope you will give us future opportunity to host your stay in Calgary. I am confident we can provide you with an exemplary experience.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have never been so turned off by a hotel before! We have stayed here in the past & loved it (we hotel 15-25 days in a month). This time we were here with our young children & it was like pulling teeth to get a playpen up to the room. The most ignorant front desk person I've ever dealt with - turns out he is management & cannot be bothered to smile, nor to accommodate any request. Rooms do not have mircowaves if you need to heat up a bottle in the middle of the night. Otherwise, the rest of the staff was pleasant, room was clean & pool was fun. Too bad the management completely ruined our stay.

• Stayed December 2012
Kate B, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Cavalier Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to share the experience of your recent stay with us. It is disappointing to hear that the level of customer care that you encountered was not up to our usual high standards.

We are truly concerned with respect to your comments as we do meticulously track each guest request. Unfortunately, we aren't sure why you’d be kept waiting for your crib or management was not made aware of this situation, as we are assuming that this was brought to someone’s attention during your stay.

Our rooms divison manager would appreciate the oppurunity to follow up on your concerns, and would be interested in learning more details of you would be so kind as to contact him directly at scottw@sheratoncalgary.ca.

Thank you again for taking the time to connect with us. We do hope you choose to stay with us again soon so that you can experience the high standards of customer service that we are known for.
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This hotel was such a pleasant surprise. It was elegant, luxiourous, the staff were professional and friendly. We were attending a wedding reception in one of the banquet rooms. The food was very well done with great variety. The pool area is older looking, but really fun. We will definitely be coming back with our kids!!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 7th floor and our room was right outside the elevators. It was a bit on the loud s...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
DOSMCAV, Director of Sales at Sheraton Cavalier Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you so much for your lovely comments and for taking the time to post them! We have significantly invested in the refresh of our hotel with almost $15M in renovations to date. Just a note; the pool has also just undergone some refreshing with slide reline and painting so it should look a little spiffier next time you visit! Thanks again, we hope to welcome you back soon.
EDMONTON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

My husband and I spent one night in Calgary along with our two dogs at the start of our 3 day our journey to Henderson NV. We were greeted with a very friendly front desk staff who were most accommodating to us. The room was very nice, exactly what we asked for and very clean. We have spent many nights at "dog friendly" hotels only to be put on the oldest and dirtiest Floors. We have become accustomed to those kind of accommodations. That all changed at the Sheraton Cavalier.

The room was very comfortable, the mattresses were new and we had a wonderful sleep.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
DOSMCAV, Director of Sales at Sheraton Cavalier Hotel, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Thank you so much for your comments. We are proud to be a pet friendly hotel. We understand that when you travel with your pets keeping them comfortable and feeling welcome is as important for them as it is for our "people" guests! We hope you choose us as your accommodation of choice whenever you find yourselves in Calgary!

Been to Sheraton Cavalier Hotel? Share your experiences!