“Great service!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Calgary Downtown

You added Ramada Calgary Downtown to your Saves list
Ramada Calgary Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   708 8th Avenue South West, Calgary, Alberta T2P 1H2, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #65 of 98 Hotels in Calgary
“Great service!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

From the valets to the front desk every single person we encountered were extremely friendly and helpful. Great room on the pool deck and lots of towels. Close to everything downtown and the staff were very helpful pointing us in the right direction. Will definitely make this our only Calgary stop!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Moose Jaw, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Really clean modern comfortable rooms. Staff are incredibly attentive and professional. We did not eat at the restaurant but it looks great. Outdoor pool was clean and a perfect way to end the day. Valet parking underground - great service. Would definately stay there again

• Stayed May 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed at the Ramada recently for a conference. The Ramada's a little on the older side--exterior and lobby are not very flashy, and my bathroom was starting to show its age. But: my room was clean, quiet, and comfortable; I had free wifi, which was awesome (many fancier places don't have free wifi, and it's stupid--it's an easy way to make travellers happy); the service at the conference and throughout the hotel was courteous and helpful; the location was ideal (just a few blocks from shops, restaurants, sights). I had a very good stay! Tips: the hotel is just a few blocks from Prince's Island Park, on the river--a very nice walk on a nice day. If you need groceries, there's a Safeway within a few blocks as well. One reliably good restaurant to try that's also nearby: Earl's (it's a chain, but they have a nice variety of dishes on the menu).

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

I fly back and forth from Edmonton to Calgary on a weekly basis now for the past 4-5 months and i have stayed in the Ramada Downtown Calgary. i must say that the service i have received has been above and beyond what i have ever experienced before. The managers and staff are extremely friendly and very nice to deal with as they always have a smile on their faces. Any issues that i have had, i recommend you go and talk directly to Sharon and she will be always willing to help out anyone.
The food and service at the Hotel restaurant (Red Fox) is really good with a wide selection to choose from.

Room Tip: i find that all rooms are very close to the same, but do agree that the elevator is sometimes louder...
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Hubby and I decided we'd get away for the night and book a Jacuzzi suite. We called in and booked the reservation over the phone. We let them know that we had two small dogs we wanted to bring. The dogs were approved so we packed up and shipped out. Upon arrival we were told that the Jacuzzi suite was not a pet approved suite and that they would need to change our room. The husband argued with them and they gave us the room anyway - a plus for customer service, they were pretty good. When we got into the room we thought that it was somewhat ironic this room was not pet approved as it had clearly been a "smoking" room once upon a time - it smelled of stale cigarettes (did not like!)
The suite was on the 3rd floor, right next to the elevator. We filled up the Jacuzzi, but it clearly hadn't been used for a while as the water turned yellow from rust - whatever, we just emptied it and re-filled it with clear water. The Jacuzzi was nice, but also dated. The jets were working but the pressure turned off and on seemingly for no reason. One of the jets was not working at all.
I wouldn't be writing this review if it weren't for the utterly cr@p sleep we endured. There were drunks on our floor yelling throughout the night. The staff came up twice and tried to shut them down. They were eventually successful, but ultimately because we were so close to the elevators it didn't matter that there were loud drunks on our floor because we literally heard everyone get on and off the elevators throughout the night. The sound proofing in this hotel is utter cr@p. I would not stay in this room again - particularly at the price point of $275.

Room Tip: Do not stay close to the elevators.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Spent 5 nights here while on a recent business trip to Calgary. On check-in I found that they had allocated me a Jacuzzi room on the 9th floor (which I'm not sure is what I actually booked). The room was however next to the elevator and within half an hour I was sure that I would not be able to survive 5 nights of listening to the elevator whizzing up and down continuously. I requested that they give me another room away from the elevator. This was accomplished smoothly and with no problems. However upon checkout I found that they had charged me for the cost of the original room and they refused to revise the bill despite an extended discussion at the front desk. Since it was 5:30 am and I had a flight to catch I didnt have much option however I have to say that the whole episode left me feeling that I had been 'fleeced; by the hotel.

Rooms are reasonable for what you pay although the hotel is overall, a little tired.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Been to Ramada Calgary Downtown? Share your experiences!