“what an overall disaster” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion by Choice Hotel and Conference Centre

You added Clarion by Choice Hotel and Conference Centre to your Saves list
Clarion by Choice Hotel and Conference Centre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2120-16th Avenue NE, Calgary, Alberta T2E 1L4, Canada (Northeast Calgary)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn a FREE Night
Ranked #71 of 100 Hotels in Calgary
Dallas, Texas
“what an overall disaster”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Easily the worst hotel in my last 10 years. I had to park over a block away at a liquor store. No securirty and no reason to believe the car will be there in the morning.
No room in hotel lot at 6pm. TV is horrible. Furniture poor. This may have been a nice place long ago. But certainly not now.

Room Tip: avoid this facility
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I've stayed at clarion several times, and have given it 5 star ratings, however, this is 2 times in a row now that I'm changing my original opinion. Needs some serious maintenance. The tubs are gross, the beds have been the worst I've ever slept on- there were 2 sleep number beds in room, both didn't work, both were in awkward positions and completely uncomfortable.
Drunks were yelling all night in the parking lot, and non stop marijuana smoke right outside the lobby. Not impressed.
It's really too bad because this was always my go to place because of their shuttle service to airport....

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This's not the best hotel I've stayed at but it worth the price. We've got a deal on booking.com for less than $100 (BTW it was a secret deal for subscribers) and we got a quite spacious clean room. I would recommend it for short term stay.......

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Ashley Y L, Front Office Manager at Clarion by Choice Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Amanda J,

Thank you for sharing your expeirence at the Clarion with us.

I am glad to hear that you got the secret deal online.

Thank you for recommending to other guests who will see your comments.

Regards,
Ashley Lee
Medicine Hat, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I am sure I have never stayed anywhere were all of the service was this bad. Front desk was rude when we checked in. The beds were absolutely horrible Lumpy and uncomfortable. People in the halls making noise all night. Completely disgusted

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Dear pkl90,

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience with us at the Clarion.

On behalf of the entire hotel, I do apologize for the inconvenience it caused you.
I am not sure which part you felt our front desk agent was not giving you the service you required but I am sorry and I will have the team re-train.

Regards,
Ashley Lee
Weyburn, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2015

Sometimes when I am on the road a long time and just need to sleep I stay at what I consider a inexpensive/clean hotel. Get in late, leave early; no amenities required... the Clarion fit the bill. I got it for $89 on booking.com. The room was clean enough, I mean it wasn't the Delta but it was comfortable. The hall smelled of vomit and the lobby was noisy but the staff checked me in and gave me a decent room.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Ashley Y L, Manager at Clarion by Choice Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
Dear B M,

Thank you for taking your time to give us a review on your recent stay with us.

On behalf of the entire team, I apologize for the odour you smelt in the public area. I will definitely bring this to approperiate members of the team's attention. However, I am glad the staff at the front desk was able to provide you with a decent room.

Hope to have you as our guest again in the future.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2015

We were told this airport was "close" to the airport and I wouldn't classify it as that because it was a pricey cab ride from the hotel to the airport! The night we arrived we booked a shuttle for the following morning we watched the front desk employee write in our shuttle booking for the morning. The next morning there was no shuttle and the front desk employee said we were late and he said "did you even have a booking for the shuttle"? We replied well yes we watched him write it down last night but apparently it vanished ...we were in a rush to arrive to the airport so I didn't get a chance to address the situation the employee didn't seem to care so a pricey cab ride to the airport was pretty annoying to say the least. Besides that the rooms are old and run down stains in the carpet bath tub looked like someone tried to patch it up and did a horrible job... I would not recommend this hotel and after this stay I probably wouldn't stay at this hotel chain at all! By far one of my worst hotel stays

• Stayed February 2015
Dear Caper 1990,

Thank you for your response.

Our hotel is still classified as an airport hotel as we are certain distance away from the airport.
However, I agree with you we are a bit further than any other airport hotel located near by the airport.

Our shuttle leaves right on time. Every hour on the half hour. As there are other guests going, we need to leave on time. On behalf of the entire team, I am sorry for the inconvenience caused you.

For the housekeeping issue you have mentioned, I have passed onto approperiate members of the team to follow up.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2015

The place is very clean and the bed have adjustable mattress.I reserve this hotel at hotelprices.ca for $65 for Calgary it is very good price.Nice pool, hot tub,gym and great view.I'm very empress for that price.I compare this hotel to holiday inn.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Dear Jean-Philippe L,

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience with us.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and received a special rate.

Hope you come to our hotel as our guest again when you are in town!

Been to Clarion by Choice Hotel and Conference Centre? Share your experiences!