I will not trash this hotel or make false accusations like the horrible lady who manages this establishment did to myself and my handicapped friend! I will however say this... I stayed at this hotel in 2011 and 2012 and enjoyed my stay in this well maintained establishment that had a great value for the dollar until I left to goto work up north and had a close friend of mine staying in the room that was paid for while I was gone. Upon my return from out of town I was informed by the management that my 300 dollar deposit was being kept because my friend must have smoked in the room! Believing that no what at the time I thought was a reputable establishment would not lie to me I blamed my friend for my 300 dollar loss and didn't ever think the hotel would lie and even had pictures to prove there was a butt and ashes in the room until........ Myself and my handicapped friend stayed at this hotel last week and...... we were charged a 450 dollar deposit due to what I at the time still thought my friend had smoked in the room and the hotel wouldn't keep my deposit because I had no problem smoking outside.............. was I wrong!!!! this hotel kept our deposit and to top it all off said they were doing so because we had "smoked in the room" we were shown the same picture of the same butt and ashes that they had shown me in 2012 when they claimed my friend had smoked in the room. This hotel is using this smoking deposit as a cash grab! I would ask that any other people who have had this experience contact me through this site asap!!! We will be suing for our deposit plus the 2012 deposit and punitive damages and we would love to make this a class action case!! We had no money left to travel the 1800 miles home due to the fact that they took our deposit and we experienced major hardship due to this event!!!! Shame on you Howard Johnson and Wyndham for not taking charge after my complaint and urgency in our financial situation and shame on you Calgary Howard Johnson Express I stay over 100 nights a year in hotel and I have had some bad experiences however this was the most disgusting display of thievery I have ever experienced. DO NOT STAY HERE.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Express Calgary Hotel
- Howard Johnson Express Calgary Hotel Calgary
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free breakfast, Wifi, parking, Local calls & room coffee. Guest Laundry. Few minutes to downtown, Stampede ground, Saddledome, Chinook centre, Heritage park, Rockyview Hospital & Mitchell Eye Care. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Otel, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Howard Johnson Express Calgary reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.