“Oh Boy.....” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Motel Village

Save Saved
You added Econo Lodge Motel Village to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Motel Village
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2440 16 Ave. N.W., Calgary, Alberta T2M 4L2, Canada (Northwest Calgary)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #81 of 98 hotels in Calgary
Invermere, Canada
“Oh Boy.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

NOT BAD But housekeeping needs a huge improvement. Our room was dusty. There was a water bottle behind night stand. Bedding was clean ......PHEW. Wall paper peeling in areas of room. The chain bolt on door fell off. Holding with one screw. we picked it up and put it back on. haha we only had power to one part of the room. Called to front desk. She had to reset a breaker. Woke in the the night ....again NO power except in bathroom. Called down to front desk and they reset the breaker. Over all we had a good laugh. The young lady at front
desk was very friendly :)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
EconoInnsSuites, Manager at Econo Lodge Motel Village, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear summermom2013,

We are very sorry to hear about your recent experience with us. I would like to share that our hotel is currently going through some renovations, and hope you consider staying with us the next time you are in Calgary so we can give you a better experience. Thank you again for bringing your concerns to our attention, your satisfaction is important to us please be assured that the issues you've raised have been addressed.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Jeeti Malhi
Sales & Marketing Coordinator

74 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I think this hotel is better than the other that I've been Calgary 3 times. King size and large room. Bit cold in the room it was. But no complain. And I just wanted to sleep for the nights. I'm pretty happy I got a king size bed. I think I will be back this hotel in the future.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
EconoInnsSuites, Manager at Econo Lodge Motel Village, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear 543ka,

Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience. We are sorry to hear it was a little chilly in your room, next time you stay with us please let us know and we will be happy to adjust the temperature to make your stay more comfortable!
Alberta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Stayed 1 night Oct 25. I called the night prior and booked for 4 Adults. They told me the price was $109.00 plus tax. When we arrived the manager told us they had quoted the wrong price.
It would be an extra ten dollars. Please train your staff as to the correct prices. Ten dollars wont break us. It is just the principle I object to. The room was small and old and very, dusty under and around furniture. Please check to see the housekeeping staff are doing their jobs. CLIENTS REALLY DO LIKE A CLEAN ROOM. On the other hand the beds were very comfortable, double size not queen but comfortable. Would we stay here again.............Not a chance.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Alberta travel view,

We deeply regret to hear that you had an unpleasant experience with us. Upon booking we were advised it was two adults and two children, we enjoy having families stay with us and for this reason we allow children 17 and under to stay for FREE! (with their parents) However, upon check-in we realized your kids were well over the age of 17 and are adults, as our policy states additional adults are $10.00 per person. Our prices are based on two adults per room and are quoted as such unless the individual who is booking states otherwise. As you mentioned, you were four adults checking in, which should have been a $20.00 charge, in good faith we only charged $10.00.

We are very surprised to hear that your room was not clean, thank you for bringing this to our attention as we will bring this up to our housekeepers.

Hope this answers your concerns and we thank you for sharing!
Seattle, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I flew in late one Sunday night during Canadaian Thanksgiving weekend, and neded a place to stay on may way to Banff the next morning. I have been to Calgary many times, but have never stayed in this area. I search for cheap hotels on the way to Banff, because I wanted an early start in the morning. This seemed to be 1) a good location for what I needed; 2) a very good price (which scared me a little); and 3) didn't have disasterous ratings or comments. I worry about security, being a single woman travelling alone.

I got lost driving from the airport, but eventually found the hotel. The drive along 16th Ave. goes through some seedy areas and some nice areas. I was praying that the Econolodge would be in a nicer area, and it was.

I checked in and was given a room at the south end of the building on the second floor. It was the most interesting room that I have stayed in in a long time! There were no square corners; it was a bunch of triangles meshed together. There was a breakfast area with a small refrigerator and a hot plate type cooker, and kind of a breakfast bar. The bathroom was ample, but again not square. I also had a little balcony outside the room that overlooked a back alley driveway. Nothing scenic, but quiet. The furnishings are a bit 70's - an in-window air-conditioner, old door locks, etc.

I walked ove tot he all-night Denny's nearby for dinner. I felt safe walking there and back, as it is literally about 30 ft. from door to door.

There are no elevators that I could find in the hotel, so if you have heavy bags, you will have to carry them up the flight of stairs. The locks on the door were very old fashioned and there was no dead-bolt or chain. Not good. Also the parking is a little tight. It was hard to back out and turn my car around in the morning because there just was so little space. I suggest backing in to any parking space if you can.

The breakfast was very meager, basically two types of cereal, coffee or tea, orange juice or apple juice, fruit, some bread and small sweet roll-like things. I didn't expect the Waldorf-Astoria, and was quite satisfied with my bowl of flakes and an apple. The price was very, very low, and I had an very good night's sleep, an adequate breakfast, no negative experiences, and was refreshed and ready to go the next morning. I would stay here again under similar circumstances.

Room Tip: If you have heavy bags, get a ground floor room, because there are no elevators. If you are a light...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

The room was comfortable as it had a king-size bed. There was a microwave and small fridge and coffee maker in the room. My only complaint was when the person in the next room ran the shower, the sound of the water was very loud.

I've never seen such a basic breakfast. Toast, muffins, apples, cereal, orange juice and coffee were the only choices.

This hotel would be a good choice for people attending stadium events, as McMahon Stadium is only a block away.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Kiev, Ukraine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I was in May, 2013 in my bussiness trip. I don't say that this motel is terrible, but at the next time I won't go there. Breakfast is the same all week long and poor. Dark rooms. Everyone of our group didn't like this motel at all. I think there are a lot of better offers in this price area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
EconoInnsSuites, Director of Sales at Econo Lodge Motel Village, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Nadiia P,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I'm sorry we were unable to meet your expectations. We accommodate many guests each evening and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one, consequently it's disappointing to learn you were unhappy. I'm not sure which room you stayed in, but most if not all of our rooms have large windows and our second floor has balconies for guests to enjoy the crisp spring air. As an economy brand hotel we are mandated to offer the Choice Hotels Easy Starts Breakfast, which consists of muffins or danish, juice and coffee. We have heard our guests and expanded our breakfast to offer more options such as cereal and fruit; however we are limited by our economy brand status. Your willingness to share is appreciated and as always helps us improve so we may better serve our guests. Thanks again and hopefully the next time you're in Calgary we can show you a better nights stay.
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

This econo lodge was fine for the one night stopover. The hotel was clean and the bed was comfortable. It was quiet as well. It was tricky findind the driveway in to the hotel because there is a divider that you have to enter early. I missed it and had a difficult getting back to the hotel. Thedesk clerk was great.

• Stayed September 2013
EconoInnsSuites, Director of Sales at Econo Lodge Motel Village, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased that we were able to meet your expectations, you room was clean and our staff were friendly. Your feedback is very important and we hope to have you stay with us the next time you come to Calgary!

Been to Econo Lodge Motel Village? Share your experiences!