“Great stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Coast Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre

You added Coast Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre to your Saves list
Coast Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1316 33rd Street N.E., Calgary, Alberta T2A 6B6, Canada (Northeast Calgary)   |
Ranked #58 of 100 Hotels in Calgary
Whitehorse, Canada
“Great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We liked staying at the Coast Plaza. It met all our needs: LRT transportation, free shuttle to airport, walking distance to restaurants, movie theatre, and malls. The place was clean and nicely decorated. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The beds were very comfortable. We enjoyed the swimming pool and hot tub. The change room was clean and had plenty of towels. We ate at the restaurant for breakfast once. The bacon was kind of overcooked or old or something. However everything else was fine. If there was one thing I would change would be to put an airfreshner in the elevator because it smelled like cigarettes at times. Otherwise, I will stay again and have already recommended the place to someone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
TKippen, Manager at Coast Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and have recommended us. I have forwarded your comments about the bacon and the smoke smell in the elevator to the appropriate departments.

We look forward to the possibility of seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Fredericton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Stayed here while traveling for work. Ended up coming here three times. Will choose this hotel when in area again. Spent around 60 days total in this hotel. Staff is great. Rooms are larger than most hotel rooms. Very impressed with this hotel. I was delivered sweet platters every now and then during my stay complementary from the hotel. Convenient place to stay just off the highway. Nice pool, hot tub, and sauna.

Room Tip: Try to get a corner room on one of the upper floors.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
TKippen, Manager at Coast Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. We are happy that you enjoy your stays and look forward to seeing you again.
Prince Albert
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stayed four nights in this fine hotel from March 11-14, 2013, while in Calgary for work related training. Fortunately, my company paid for the room, as well as breakfasts and dinners in the restaurant, so my expenses were limited to tipping the restaurant servers.

While I have only experienced a dozen or so different hotels in my time, I must admit this one was by FAR the most pleasant experience I've had. Not having been there before, I wasn't sure what to expect when I pulled into the parking lot, weary from an 8.5 hour drive over winter roads. The size and tasteful decor of the lobby impressed me. The staff members were sharply dressed in business attire which reflected their courteous, helpful, and very professional demenours.

I lugged my baggage up to my room on the 6th floor. The room featured a double bed, flat-screen TV, (42"?) mini-fridge, and a coffee-maker. Everything was extremely clean, and the room was cozy and inviting. As a nice touch, a copy of the Globe and Mail was delivered to my door each morning.

Hungry from my trip, I immediately headed down to the restaurant for dinner. Every meal in the subsequent days was excellent, as was the service. As most entrees were in the $18 range, most of my dinners totalled around the $25 mark. If paying out of pocket, I would rarely pay such a price for a dinner, but, fortunately, my company covered the cost. The servers (two Chinese ladies) were extremely pleasant and charming, and by the second day one of them knew most of us by name, and we would spend 15-20 minutes chatting.

Retiring to my room, I was amazed by how quiet everything was. There was virtually no hallway noise at all, and absolutely nothing from the streets below. The bed was very comfortable, and I wasn't awakened once by noises.

I must admit, at the end of my four days, I was a bit sad to be leaving. I couldn't have asked for a better accomodation. I was amazed to learn that the rate was only $120 per night. This is the going rate at the Super 8 in Regina (where I have stayed MANY a night). However, unlike Regina's Super 8, the rooms and hallways are actually quiet, so you don't wake up feeling like you've been run over by a bus. The staff treats you like they are actually pleased and grateful to have your business, instead of making you feel like an annoyance, like (most of) the Super 8 staff does.

If I need to stay in Calgary again, I will definately choose this hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate knowing about our guest’s experiences so we can celebrate our successes and address our challenges to better serve you in the future. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we look forward to seeing you again the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Booked hotel online for about 80 bucks taxes and fees in for a Saturday night.. And i have stayed in numerous hotels across canada.. and i would say this is more of a 4 star. Comfortable beds, nice staff, nice lobby, conference areas, pool is well looked after, sauna and whirlpool. We were there to do some shopping, but enjoyed the hotel , especially for the price on a weekend. :) Will be sure to return. Breakfast buffet is okay.. but i wouldn't go crazy over it..

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
TKippen, Manager at Coast Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and look foward to your return. I have forwarded your comments regarding breakfast to the restaurant.
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Room was clean, everything in it worked as it was supposed to.
The Food I ordered for room service left a lot to be desired, but it wasn't the worst I've had.
The Check-in and out process was fast, pleasant and efficient.

Although the hotel is a little out-dated, I enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: Watch out for smoking rooms if you arent a smoker. They floors with smoking rooms were a little sti...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your feedback. I am happy to see you enjoyed your stay overall and have shared your comments with our restaurant regarding the room service.

We hope you consider staying with us again soon.
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I quite enjoyed my stay at this hotel, the room was clean and modern and the beds were very comfortable. There were a lot of restaurants close by and ample parking. The lobby was lovely and overall I thought it was great!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
TKippen, Manager at Coast Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay at the Coast Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre. We appreciate the time you took sharing your comments and hope to see you again in the near future.
Halifax, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

My son and I had stayed at this hotel in August 2012, while it is not that bad of a hotel, I was rather angered by the fact that I had 2 items that went missing. I brought it to the attention of staff both times. Guess what, Couldn't find either, even though both items were in my room and I didn't leave the hotel for 2 days. I was at a conference, didn't go anywhere else but the hotel. I really believe the staff took it. One was a sweater and the other was a phone charger. It was either that or the staff lost it. Not Impressed! did not find the staff helpful with this. Other than that everything else was nice, food was great, comfortable and clean rooms. Nice hotel for the most part. Just do not leave items anywhere.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
I would like to apologize that you encountered missing items during your recent stay at the Coast Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre. We have taken this issue seriously and are looking into the matter in depth.
I am happy that you did enjoy our hotel and hope that we can correct the issue shortly.

Been to Coast Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!