“Starting to show its age” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Coast Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre

Save Saved
You added Coast Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre to your Saves list
Coast Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1316 33rd Street N.E., Calgary, Alberta T2A 6B6, Canada (Northeast Calgary)   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Weekend Breakfast Special
Ranked #63 of 98 hotels in Calgary
Lac La Biche
“Starting to show its age”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

The Hotel is in need of some upgrading, especially the bathrooms. I stayed in a room with two queen beds, which were very comfortable and had a nice duvet. Large flat screen LCD tv was nice, my only complaint....The bathroom is old style with signs of mildew growing in between the grout on the tiles around the tub.

Room Tip: Good location, lots of shopping within walking distance.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
TKippen, Manager at Coast Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. I am happy to see that you enjoyed the beds and the new TV's, but apologize you were disappointed in the bathroom. I have passed on your comments to the Housekeeping and Maintenance Departments.

We hope that you consider staying with us again.

202 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Lethbridge
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Like I said, we booked only for one night, thank goodness. I did not bring my shampoo or hair conditioner as hotels usually have conditioner. We phoned down, they said they did not have any. Ok, not big deal. So I will have frizzy hair for the day. The one nice perk to the hotel is that they allow pets as we usually travel with our small dog. The room was very stuffy when we got there. We shut the heat right off, turn the fan on high and opened what little windows they have. We had the worst sleep. The room was so hot and stuffy, I felt like I was in some slum hotel in third world country. My husband and dog hardly slept. The dog was panting all night and drinking water like crazy.

When we went to check out I complained about the room temperature and she asked me why did you not call down, as they would have moved us. At one or two in the morning? No thanks. Maybe they should have a handle on the comfort of their rooms, especially when they are charging $174.00 a night. She said that no we cannot do anything to reduce the room charges. I asked for the manager, another 10 min. No manager, the same person comes out and says that she will remove the pet charge of $20. Wow!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
TKippen, Manager at Coast Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you very much for your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay. I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay I have advised the appropriate departments regarding the issues you had encountered. I can assure you that customer service is a priority at the Coast Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre and that was not the level of service we are accustomed to.

We like the opportunity to make this up to you an hope that you would reconsider staying with us again.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Stayed only one night as part of a multi city tour. The biggest surprise as the quality of food in the banqueting department as we had an event that evening, service and food were excellent and our group was around 100 + - Room was fine and bed very comfortable. Staff at the front desk but in the morning the porter who also drove us to the airport was extremely miserable with zero sense of humour, was either having a bad day or if he is always like that serious training on how to say goodbye to your departing guests is needed on his part. Hotel was comfortable and heating worked well, it probably was not cold for the locals but we all felt cold and it was a relief to have good heat in the room and a nice warm fire in the lobby area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
TKippen, Manager at Coast Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. I'm glad you have an enjoyable stay overall and have passed on the comments to the Front Office department.

We hope that you consider staying with us again if ever in Calgary.
Squamish
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I spent 5 nights here recently. Rooms were clean. Service in lounge and dining rooms was very good. The location is good for families. Near a shopping mall; c-train to downtown; Trans Canada Hwy #1 is 2 blocks away. Airport is close.

Room Tip: Select rooms on north east side if possible. Weekend rates are in play.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your feedback. I'm happy you had a good stay and hope to see you again soon.
Winnipeg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed at this hotel in October and other than the breakfast buffett this hotel could certainly use some restoration. The rooms seem "old", the bathroom is dated and shows it. There was no shampoo in the room and no bag for the ice bucket. I'm pretty sure this was a nice hotel in it's time, just hard to say how long ago that was. The TV had poor reception in the lower channels, the internet was down for a period of time one of the nights. This being said, the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
TKippen, Manager at Coast Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. I am happy to see you enjoyed the breakfast buffet and the beds, but I am disappointed we did not meet your expectations if other areas of the hotel. I have passed on your comments to all departments.

We hope that you consider staying with us again.
Saskatoon, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Stayed here in Sept and was dissapointed. They really need to upgrade the windows.Staff arent friendly either.This place looked old five years ago and looks even older now.The pool area is terrible. The water was very dirty so my wife and I decided not to go for a swim.For the money we spent, we could have got better.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
TKippen, Manager at Coast Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for your valuable feedback during your recent stay at the Coast Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre. I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay. I have advised the appropriate departments regarding the cleanliness of pool and your experience with the Front Desk.

We hope that we will have an opportunity to make this up to you and hope that you will reconsider staying with us again.
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I was here for meetings, and the room I was given, was nice. Very clean! There was nothing wrong with the decor, perhaps slightly dated. The breakfast buffet had enough selection, but again good. Service at the front desk was warm and helpful. There was nothing that stood out as over the top wow. It was a ...good hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. I'm happy you had an enjoyable stay and will forward your comments to our Front Desk and Restaurant. We appreciate knowing about our guest’s experiences so we can celebrate our successes and address our challenges to better serve you in the future.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Been to Coast Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!