“Best Motel/Hotel Experience Ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ambassador Motor Inn

Ambassador Motor Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Calgary
Ambassador Motor Inn
Save Saved
You added Ambassador Motor Inn to your Saves list
802 16th Avenue NE, Calgary, Alberta T2E 1K8, Canada (Northeast Calgary)   |
Ranked #82 of 99 Hotels in Calgary
“Best Motel/Hotel Experience Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

We just found this place after driving 10 hours so we said screw it let's just come here. I have been to both motels and hotels and preferred hotels because every motel I went in was gross and dirty. The outside was a little off putting, but the rooms were alright, but clean. The beds were VERY comfortable, the best sleep I have had in ages. The air conditioner was a huge plus and worked great. We went for dinner at the Ambers Restaurant and it was amazing. Double the portions you would get at a regular restaurant, and cheap too. All of the staff for the restaurant and motel were awesome. They were very friendly and chatty. We forgot our camera charger and battery in the room when we checked out and had absolutely no problem getting them back.as I said before, the best motel/hotel experience of my life. He rooms could do with an upgrade, but everything else was perfect. Would definitely stay there again the next time I am in Calgary.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

I stayed at the Ambassador Motor Inn in January for work. I can to check in and I was told by the lady at the desk that they had a room that has 2 beds in seperate bedrooms and a little kitchen for $20.00 more. Much better then just 2 beds in a room. She showed me both room and I went with the seperate beds. It is a great little room. I liked all the staff I met there, very friendly and helpful. It was a nice place to stay. Close to everywhere I had to go. I went and tried out their restaurant and it was a great place to eat. On Wednesday's they have a ukrainian platter that was as good as my Grandmas. I will stay there everytime I come to Calgary!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

I just spent the Canada Day Long Weekend in Calgary and stayed at the Ambassador. The motel definitely needs an upgrade with paint, swimming pool, and the entire facade (it looks like from the 60s). Otherwise, no big deal, the staff were very friendly and chatty, and provided tips about places to go during the long weekend, fireworks, parks, etc. Nothing was stolen from my room and/or my car and the room was very clean. No bed bugs or nothing of that nature. AC, TV, and coffee maker were in good condition. The food at Amber's restaurant was also great and the waitresses friendly. Here is a short video about the Ambassador: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plhHTgbG878

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2010

Stay here if you want... goods stolen out of your hotel room, people who know nothing about customer service, and house keepers who continually walk in on you while you're sleeping! Worst stay I've ever had.... DON"T STAY HERE!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2010

We stayed there for only a few hours, in room 79, as we had to escape and sleep in the car due to the bedbugs!

My boyfriend and I were lying in bed under the covers watching t.v. when I felt something crawl over my arm. I threw back the covers and lo and behold, a bed bug. We jumped out of the bed horrified, and then I found two more! ARGH! When we headed down to the front desk with the dastardly bed bugs in a styrofoam cup, the clerk said that she would call the exterminator the next day, and refunded our money, although we still had to sleep in the car as they were no other hotels available. I highly suggest that you avoid this hotel for quite a while... bedbugs are very difficult to get rid of and they can travel between rooms. If one room has bedbugs, it is very likely that there are several others infested, and you really don't want to be bringing bedbugs home as souvenirs.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Hinton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2010

I have NEVER met such IGNORANT people. If this is the service that you receieve, staying at a hotel, I have no idea how these people stay in business.The rate quoted on the phone was 69.00, when we arrived it jumped to 89.00 final story!! The clerk was extremley rude. When we told her we were not taking the room as it was TOTALLY DISGUSTING!!!!! she said to me, "well this will not be happening again" and I told her, you are right, it won't becuase we will never be coming back. To that she replied "good" I told her with we weren't coming back because of her patheic attitude, she then looked at me said "my attitude?" I then told her, she certainly should not be working in the Customer Service Field. She said I will return your money this time but never again. We didnt even rec a service why wouldn't you return our money. I work in a major hotel, and I am pretty sure if I treated people the way this people treat their guest I would be out of a job! Keep on going!!!!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Winnipeg, MB
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2008

After a 15 hour drive, this place was a welcomed sight for tired eyes. The room we checked into was clean, but the bed seemed a bit lopsided. Definately bring your own set of pillows in with you. Our purpose was served, we had a bed for the night and a shower to freshen us up.

We felt the rooms were fairly priced given the excellent location. Being right on theTrans Canada highway and near downtown Calgary, made it easy for a late evening sightseeing drive through the city. Had we not found accommodations with an aquaintence on our return trip to Winnipeg, we would have checked in there again.

• Liked — The location was right
  • Disliked — No complaints
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Ambassador Motor Inn? Share your experiences!