“Amazing Staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Delta Calgary South Hotel

Save Saved
You added Delta Calgary South Hotel to your Saves list
Delta Calgary South Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   135 Southland Dr SE, Calgary, Alberta T2J 5X5, Canada (Southeast Calgary)   |
Hotel packages
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #40 of 98 hotels in Calgary
“Amazing Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at the delta a few times this year and every visit is amazing. The rooms are newly renovated and have a big desk with cables that allow me to connect my laptop to the tv. I love being able to watch my Netflix tv shows and Skype with the family.

The staff is amazing. Not a shy one in the bunch. Every morning there's a manager in the lobby greeting and directing guests. Everyone you meet in the halls says hi and asks how your stay is going. The restaurant staff can be hard to find at night but room service has always been prompt. I usually prefer larger chains when I travel. But this hotel is the best value in the south and is worth it for the service.

• Stayed March 2013
DeltaCalgarySouth135, Director of Sales at Delta Calgary South Hotel, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Thanks for sharing your review, we're glad that ou team and our Lobby Ambassador program is making a difference during your visits. We're also glad to hear you like the SmartDesk and the ability to hook up your computer to the TV. Thank you again for sharing your review, we hope to have you back with us again soon!

205 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stayed here for a buisness trip and enjoyed my stay. Nice staff, clean facility. The only issue I had during my stay was the door that would allow for adjoining rooms to become one....the doors are not very sound resistant. My first few nights I could here the folks next doors every conversation and the last night of my stay there were little kids staying there and they might as well have been in my room as I could here every little sound they made. Otherwise a really good place to stay.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Avisor. In particular, thank you for sharing the feedback on the adjoining door. We're going to see what the best soltuion is to further soundproof between the set of adjoining doors. Thank you again for sharing your review, we appreciate the feedback and will seek out a suitable action as a result.
Canmore, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great value for the price, and super pools and slide for the kids. We had a wonderful reception from the staff, lots of help with anything we needed, easy parking. The rooms were clean and quiet, with beautiful sheets and towels. The breakfast brunch was absolutely top notch - something for everyone and reasonable for the great selection. It's close to lots of shopping, Okotoks (where we had some gallery business for the day) and to downtown Calgary if you need to hop in there for some upscale dining. We would stay again. Thank you for a memorable "stay cation".

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor with a view to the south - very nice!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your review Jan, we're glad to hear so many aspects of your stay that were positive. We hope to have you with us again on your next "stay-cation", thanks again for sharing your review.
Olds, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed one night at the Delta Calgary South for last minute plans to attend a concert in Calgary. Booked our room with Aeroplan points. Front desk staff friendly and efficient. Room was nice, with a comfy queen bed and sofa bed. Quite nice for a Delta room, which is their standard room. Bathroom had a beautiful deep tub and great shower head!
Another short, but sweet trip. Would recommend this hotel and will definately be back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for sharing your review. We're glad to hear you found the redemption of Aeroplan points to be of good value and that our Delta Room sutied your needs well. Thanks again for your review, we hope to welcome you back again soon.
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Visiting my son and his wife.... Very friendly front desk... everyone!! No problem getting coffee or towels etc. We clean up after ourselves.... but the room was very clean... with the naked eye :P
We just spent the last 4 days in the ModeDeluxe Room, 1 King, Pull-out . Newly renovated room, for more money... The layout and bed were great. New bathroom with shower glass door stall. Mic and fridge, coffee maker, iron, hair dryer.
A nice large TV on the wall. THE TV REMOTE SUCKED... did I just scream that... sorry :P No channel jump (from a good show to another tween commercials) , no guide (whats on overlall), no channel information (what am I watching) and mostly NOT HD!
The room was supposed to be updated to today technologies. The desk is hook up directly to the TV... it has this neat looking assortment of cables for your pc, gaming etc... except apple. As far as gaming... Not enough broadband (wireless or by Ethernet cable) to play xbox live or to pull up data from work. So Close!!
Oh and I would not recommend the pub (attached but separate) for food.
I don't appreciate how my rate would jump on Sunday night from the other days... I don't care what the industry thinks... I want to pay the same price for the same room for all 4 days... Period. I would go again and thank you.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
DeltaCalgarySouth135, Director of Sales at Delta Calgary South Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thanks for your review, we always appreicate hearing the good and the bad, it helps us improve. Great news is that we are awaiting arrival of new wireless Internet access points. (On order as we speak.) This should remedy the Internet issues and bring us to having some of the fastest Internet access available in a hotel. In regards to the channel giude, our cable provider discontinued the "television guide" channel, we're in process of designing a channel directory for guests to assist, should have that in in the next few weeks. As for the HD and remotes? More upgrades on the horizon, unfortunatly no firm timeline, but in the works for later this year. (A new remote has been designed by Delta Hotels and Resorts especially for our SmartDesk/TV set up.) Thanks again for sharing your review and hopefully we'll have the upgrades in place prior to your next visit.
Gull Lake
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I came for the family long weekend to calgary and was very happy with my stay! Very clean hotel and the bed are incredibly comfortable. Staff was very accommodating with even the little things like getting me my receipt up to my room from the restaurant (which is also great, even with a 16 month old and a 3 year old) because my 16 month old decided to melt down lol. And I like the fact that there were 2 pools in the hotel (one with a waterside). The hotel was also very convenient for shopping as well.

I would definitely recommend staying !

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for sharing your review, it's great to hear you enjoyed our location and that our staff and facilities had a postive impact on your visit to Calgary. We hope to welcome your family back again soon!
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We were in Calgary for a funeral and picked this hotel based on the location with regards to where we would be going. The staff are very friendly and the hotel is clean, but like others have mentioned it is dated with some ok updates. We didn't use the pools but I can completely understand why a family might take their kids because the waterslide seemed to be enjoyed.

We ate in the restaurant the one morning and it was pretty good, standard hotel breakfast for the standard price. It is a big hotel with a skywalk in between the two buildings but you do check-in in the Tower building.

I really don't have anything negative to say about this hotel. If I could make one recommendation it would be that they patrol their parking lot. It is near impossible to park in some of the spots because of the parking jobs that other people have done that essentially take up two spots.

Room Tip: You should probably find out which building you are in...the Tower building has the waterslide in it...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
DeltaCalgarySouth135, Director of Sales at Delta Calgary South Hotel, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review Brendan, we're glad to hear you found the hotel clean and our staff friendly. We've shared your feedback on the parking with our team. It is unfortunate some people choose to park in a way that inconveniences other guests. We hope to welcome you back again.

Been to Delta Calgary South Hotel? Share your experiences!