“Very nice Suites & Great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Delta Calgary South Hotel

You added Delta Calgary South Hotel to your Saves list
Delta Calgary South Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   135 Southland Dr SE, Calgary, Alberta T2J 5X5, Canada (Southeast Calgary)   |
Hotel packages
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #34 of 98 Hotels in Calgary
St. Albert, Canada
“Very nice Suites & Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I stay at the Delta South on a regular basis for work purposes however I recently stayed there for a weekend getaway with my wife! We had a Suite in the Atrium and it was very nice. The main room was a little boring but the bedroom and Jacuzzi/walk-in shower was very nice.

One thing that I found odd about this suite is the lack of natural light. The only window was from the main living room but it overlooked into the Atrium/restaurant.

The food in the restaurant was very nice with lots of options. While the pools are not really big, they are also very nice.

The price was excellent for this weekend getaway!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
DeltaCalgarySouth135, Director of Sales at Delta Calgary South Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor Tom K, were glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us in one of our Suites. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Medicine Hat, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stayed in the family suite which had bunk beds and a queen bed with its own room. The kids enjoyed the pools and water slide. We ate supper at Boomtown pub which allows minors until 9pm, everyone enjoyed their meal The service was very friendly. The only downfall was that our bathroom wasn't as clean as I would've liked. Overall we really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
DeltaCalgarySouth135, Director of Sales at Delta Calgary South Hotel, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Thank you for your review Mickseny, it is great to hear you found our staff to be friendly. We have shared your feedback regarding the bathroom cleanliness with our Housekeepiing Team for follow up. Thank you again for sharing, we hope to welcome yourself and your family back soon!
Winnipeg, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Booked at the Delta for Business, 3 nights of staying. I had never stayed there before and did not know the layout, therefore I could not request a specific room nor part of the hotel.
Upon arrival I was given my room, no mention of where it was, but it was on the attrium side, which I knew nothing about. So when I went to park and there was nothing in the front of the hotel, I went to the back, as it turns out the furthest I could be from the other part of the hotel across the street from the the main lobby and tower. After wandering the tower side a maintentance man pointed me in the direction I needed to go. Once there, my room was very nice, clean, and comfortable. At 5:55 AM all 3 mornings I was woken up by the clanging of dishes from the atrium restaurant as this is in the centre of the hotel and all rooms looking inwards view this and the pool. I also find it very odd that in the Tower lobby coffee is available to the guest but in the atrium lobby where there is staff, very nice I might add, there is nothing available, why the double standard?
Overall the rooms and staff where very nice, but the hotel lacks, since it seems to be a meeting hotel parking is at a premium, extremely loud on the atrium side with rooms facing inwards, and poor consideration for guest with a double standard of free coffee in one lobby, yet pay in the other (at the same room rates)

Room Tip: If you must stay there, choice your room wisely, outward facinf Atium side, the rooms are nicer than...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for sharing your experience DaveH35. We were glad to hear that overall you found our rooms and staff to be very nice, but disappointed overall you're not a fan following your stay. We've shared your review with our entire team and specifically discussed your feedback regarding the noise from the dishes with our food and beverage team, as well we are currently reviewing our "coffee offering" based on your feedback. Please accept our sincere apologies for the noise and thank you again for sharing your review on Trip Advisor.
Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed here Nov 2012 and thoroughly enjoyed it. The location is great, it's near two big malls and not very far from downtown. It is right on Macleod Trail and Southland drive so it is very easy to get to. Just a quick jaunt down Southland puts you on Deerfoot no problem. Tons of restaurants and bars nearby.

The room itself was clean. The shower pressure was great! The bed was comfy and the wifi signal was actually pretty good. Usually free wifi is crap.

The pool is not the biggest but it is located in a big atrium and looked pretty relaxing. I didn't actually use the pool but it looked clean. There was a lounge in the atrium which was very nice. The hotel also has a small gym, there is not very many pieces of equipment but it was not a very busy gym so it wasn't a problem for me.

The staff were friendly and the service was good. I would most definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: 3rd floor links the tower building with the pool, gym, restaurant, etc... So it tended to have more...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
DeltaCalgarySouth135, Director of Sales at Delta Calgary South Hotel, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We're happy that many aspects of your stay met your expectations, epsecially the WIFI. We're happy to report, we are in the final stages of an upgarde to the WIFI system that will actually bring it up to a better quality by the new year. The new system is Delta Hotels Internet XL, the fastest Internet access in the industry, and best of all, it will still be complimentary.
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I had to book a sameday room at this hotel on late notice because of a storm. I was very impressed with the customer service, and the helpfulness of the staff. The room was clean and quiet. The fitness centre was good enough for my purposes, and I was very happy to receive a late check out as a Delta privilege member.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Sorry to hear the storm affected your travel plans, but we're glad our team was able to assist. We're also glad you enjoyed the late check out option offered in the Delta Privilege Program. Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisior. Hopefully next time around, the weather will co-operate better with your travel plans!
Medicine Hat
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Hotel was good, nice location and good value. We had a family room that had a separate bedroom for wife and myself and bunkbeds and pull-out for kids.
Employees at this hotel are some of the best I've came across, great service and attitude.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for posting your review DDT414. It is great to hear that our team made a noticable difference during your stay. We are pretty proud of their efforts everyday to make a difference for our guests. It's also great to hear the Family Room worked well for your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again!
Kamloops, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I was in town for two nights for a conference and stayed here because the prices of the hotels downtown were absolutely ridiculous. Everything about the stay, aside from my 24 hour flu, was fantastic. The flu of course was no fault of the hotel :)

The hotel staff were very friendly. Each time I walked past the cleaning staff it was one lady in particular who seemed genuinely friendly and helpful. The hotel WiFi was strange in that its name was i-Hotel. It was plenty fast enough but the branding seemed a bit odd when most Delta hotels clearly label their Wifi to be DELTA in the name, but I digress as it's hardly a big issue.

The check in was seemless, the room was clean and the bed and pillows were comfortable. The TV was nice and made watching election coverage to be pleasurable The coffee is much better than I've come to expect from hotels, no need to pay $3 for a Starbucks coffee when you can get it inside the hotel itself. The lounge was also very relaxing and a good place to have a drink.

Both restaurants [the one in the Atrium that served breakfast and the pub near the lobby] were great and reasonably priced as well. Nothing like an omelette made in front of you to start your day.

Very pleased. If I come back to Calgary for work, this will be my choice. Definitely up to the Delta standard I've come to expect.

Room Tip: The end rooms on higher floors seem to be good and the Wifi reaches them unlike most hotels I've...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
DeltaCalgarySouth135, Director of Sales at Delta Calgary South Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
We were happy to hear that so many aspects of your stay met with your satisfaction Godinster. We recently switched over to Starbucks Coffee, so we were especially happy to hear you found it to be good coffee. We're going to raise the question on whether we can re-name our WIFI network, that is a great point. Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor, we hope your travels will bring you back to stay with us again.

Been to Delta Calgary South Hotel? Share your experiences!