“Attending a wedding.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Port O'Call Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Port O'Call Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Port O'Call Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1935 McKnight Boulevard NE, Calgary, Alberta T2E 6V4, Canada (Northeast Calgary)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #12 of 98 Hotels in Calgary
Red Deer, Canada
“Attending a wedding.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Found the services and the accommodations to be excellent and the location worked well for us. The front desk worked hard to put ourselves and our friends adjacent to one another. The next time we are going to stay in this hotel we will be prepared to have a room by the pool.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Dalmeny, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

We booked using the last minute deals and got a very good price for the 3 nights we used it. The rooms were a very nice size, with a comfortable bed. The kiddie area in the pool made it so nice to allow our 2 year old to play without needing to be holding on to her. On our first night the hotel was packed with kids, yet it remained very quiet. We also loved the location as it took no more then 15 minutes to get to the zoo, mall and any other destination we were headed.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

Easter Sunday and our first ever stay at this hotel. The wedding was scheduled for 1pm and our room was available hours before normal check in time. Thank you so much reception staff!
Our room was equipped with a very comfortable king size bed and a fold out couch/bed. After the wedding and reception our grand children came to use the attached water park. What a treat! Plenty of clean towels, and everything worked as it should. This water park is very clean and well maintained.
From what we could see, the whole hotel is in great order. The staff were pleasant and especially the buffet staff when dealing with the grandchildren. Food was really well prepared and presented.

Summary...reasonable cost, staff that really want your stay to be pleasant. Clean, modern rooms. Good bed and very quiet in the rooms and hallways. Not a single complaint and we will return.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Fort McMurray, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Flying into Calgary for a conference, this hotel was easy to find late at night. They have spacious rooms, very clean and well appointed, and courteous staff. I loved the pools! In enjoyed swimming in the cool pool, and relaxing in the hot one. There's a waterslide as well, for families. There are alternative routes to ensure a quick commute to downtown.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

This is an upscale hotel from most Best Western Plus hotels we have stayed at. The service is impeccale. The food is great and the overall stay is exceptional. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. However, we believe the price is a bit steep for the average person. I think if they were to keep their prices between 130.00 to 150.00 per night they would be booked solid every night. It was quite quiet the evening we checked in. That should tell you something?

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Red Deer, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

its a very nice hotel the rooms are spacious and cleaned, the tub is very nice and spacious although it would be nice if the shower curtain was bowed your up against the curtain all the time while showering the room temperature was very good all night. the restaurant was very nice the morning buffet was very tasty. the bar is probably good if you could get service. I waited for 15 minutes no service I thought maybe you had to go get your own food and drinks. I started to leave then I got some service to late. she said go to the lounge so I did it was empty I waited no one came. I decide to check the expresso bar no one there. kids every where its great if you have a family. finally I decide I would just go set in the lounge and wait I didn't care if I got service. I finally did get service the waitress was nice. she advised me to have wings they are very good. don't expect to escape kids their in the lounge too. The bar is the best bet for that. it is very nice. I found all the staff right down to the maintenance people to be very friendly. you do get hallway noise, but that's to be expected with all the kids.

Room Tip: the room we had was very nice . I would take a higher floor. If your not into children all over the...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

My family and I stayed here for two nights during Spring Break. The water park is fantastic for kids. There are two slides (one is very dark inside) that were fun. My only complaint would be that the landings on the stairs are a bit slippery. My very cautious child slipped and fell at a walking pace. Adults might not be aware that there is another much quieter pool and hot tub one floor down.

The rooms were what I've come to expect from a Best Western property. They were clean, quiet and comfortable. The Wifi seemed strong. I was a little disappointed that there was no included breakfast for the price. The workout room had a nice selection of cardio equipment, some of which has seen better days.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Port O'Call Hotel? Share your experiences!