“experience was OK.......overpriced” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Village Park Inn

You added BEST WESTERN Village Park Inn to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Village Park Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1804 Crowchild Trail NW, Calgary, Alberta T2M 3Y7, Canada (Northwest Calgary)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #48 of 98 Hotels in Calgary
Canada
“experience was OK.......overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

the biggest complain I have about this hotel is the smell of cigarette smoke, traveled through ventilation system. Grossly overpriced if you look at the rooms alone, outdated, the whole hotel is in need of an overhaul. The hot tub and pool are over chlorinated making them unbearable to go into........the sheet are also quite had a very heavy chlorine smell.

On a the plus side, the complementary full breakfast was good and the hotel is about 2 blocks away from the CTrain.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Run down and filthy. Bed sheets had stains all over them and obviously had not been changed. Room had an interior entry front door and some weird outer door opening to a walkway that anyone has access to. The staff members are rude and unconcerned by any complaint. The room smelled awful and the WIFI was horribly slow. Just about the only good thing is that the c train stop is close by so you can escape.

• Stayed July 2013
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We had to stay here, because our hotel was flooded downtown. My wife and I are not nit pickers, however there are some things you should be able to expect from a hotel. The bed was very lumpy and not comfortable at all. The room had no hot water. Showering was tough. You got the relief of the occasional spurt of lukewarm water, and then cold again. The bathroom fan did not work, however if you can't make steam, I guess this is unnecessary. The TV was fairly newer and worked well. I slept on the couch in the room and it was more comfortable than the bed. My wife got the bed. Also, we had neighbours that were screaming and yelling and thought it would be fun to constantly be slamming the doors. The staff did nothing. Do they have security? The breakfast was better than average, however they were not prepared to have that many people staying there and only had one guy bussing the tables. There was not enough room for everyone to have breakfast.

Room Tip: I think if you want a good room, you should stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Mesquite, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We were on our way to Banff and there was a flood and the roads were closed and the people of Alberta had to evacuate. We got the last room here. A little steep for us but offered us 3 days if we need it. Hopefully we will get to leave tomorrow and get back to the US and back to Glacier National Park.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has been around a long time and it is starting to show. Located in Motel Village, there are certainly better places to stay in Calgary. It's clean overall, but there are signs everywhere of wear and tear. All rooms open onto an atrium and the windows open not a walk way that any guest can walk along so be careful opening your curtains first thing in the morning. The food was OK but breakfast is not included with all rates. The lounge had only one staff person working and we were part of a large convention so very poorly served there. Parking underground is an additional fee of $10 per night or you can park free above ground but finding a space can be tough if the hotel is busy. If I had a choice I'd stay somewhere else.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Hotel was updated with friendly staff. Beds were comfortable.

Area not the greatest but breakfast was adequate.

Overall good impression. Shuttle came to good use.

Would recommend if anyone staying in this area of the city.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Winnipeg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a National Volleyball tournament as a parent. We were give a "group rate" of $135.00 a night. Yeah I know, some group rate!! Unfortunately we had no say in where we stayed or this group rate would not have flown with me especially after finding out where some of the other teams stayed for a waaaay better rate. Anyway, this is a very mediocre hotel, a little date but nice and close to amenities, especially the Olympic Oval which is where we wanted to be. No free breakfast either which you would expect with this rate. Upon checkin, I was greeted by a non to pleasant front desk agent who could not find my reservation. I knew it was there as I had booked my own room and my roommate had already checked in earlier plus I had received a email telling me my credit card had been preauthorized already that day. She asked for my name - no reservation. She asked for my phone number - no reservation. She asked for a piece of photo ID - no reservation. So I texted my roommate, she gave me the room number and tada!! All of a sudden she could find my reservation under my own name.
I guess one of the biggest issues was that there was no place for our girls to gather to eat breakfast. As athletes, a nutritious breakfast is essential. We went out an purchased many healthy breakfast items for them as we had to be up by 5:30 am, eat by 6:00 am and gone by 6:30. The only restaurant in the hotel didn't open until 6:30. We asked if we could use a small meeting room to feed the girls - nope. could we just sit and feed them at a couple of table in the open atrium restaurant before it opens - nope! So we crowded 12 16 year old girls and 2 coaches into the hotel room to eat and kicked the parents into the hall. This clearly wasnt taken into consideration when this hotel was booked but a note has been made for future reference. Room cleaning was sporadic and occurred at anytime during the day. Some rooms were done daily, some not. But those big, ugly room cleaning carts were always parked right in front of our door all day long - not sure why they were abandoned there but they were. One other thing to be aware of, the pool and hottub are located in the middle of the atrium - they are not separate from the rooms so be prepared to hear kids yelling in the pool at all times during the day, right in your room. If you need to sleep during the day or evening, this may not be the place for you.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to BEST WESTERN Village Park Inn? Share your experiences!