“Again :(” 2 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Village Park Inn

You added BEST WESTERN Village Park Inn to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Village Park Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1804 Crowchild Trail NW, Calgary, Alberta T2M 3Y7, Canada (Northwest Calgary)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #48 of 98 Hotels in Calgary
Medicine Hat, Canada
“Again :(”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Despite my requests not to be sent to this hotel while on a business trip ever again, I was sent there afterall :( Nothing changed!!!

There was actually a set of dishes and cutlery laying across the floor right in front of my room door when I arrived, so that did not bode well. It was still there in the morning and I found it piled back up against the side of my entry again the next evening after I returned from work! What is up with that? Housekeeping not on contract to pick up items from room service's department or something? I do not understand why they were placed against my door 24 hours later instead of removed.

My room was even dirtier than the last room, if that is even possible. But this time I remembered to take photos. I bent down with a wash cloth as soon as I arrived and wiped ONE small area of the bathroom floor, and the cloth came away dirty with ease. The heater was taped to the wall, there was some sort of stain on the room wall that looked like dried blood, and it came away easily when I wiped it, and again the same problems with checking in.

I have stayed at a lot of Best Westerns for work, and this one always wants to take MY credit card information, claiming it is Best Western policy. However, when I have stayed at another Best Western in Calgary, they do not ask for my credit card info because it is set up through work. I have so much trouble verbally conversing with the staff at Village Park Inn, I do not want to give them my own details in case the room ends up booked on my card too somehow. I do not understand why there are so many problems here. Myself and two coworkers ended up calling our head office (again) to be transferred to another hotel. Thankfully we got to go back the the BW Center Inn and had no problems there at all.

I see a lot of reviews about the cleanliness of this hotel, but I suggest you try wiping a few things down to be sure. It may look clean, but twice this fall I have stayed there and the bathroom floor was vile on my first day there (so it was not me in any way).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Overall it is the best hotel which my wife and I mostly stay,most of our friends do stay in this hotel but in different locations.
I think around June or July when the Oil Industry had convention in town,that we can't book the hotel otherwise I will stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Winnipeg
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Hottub broken... On check in, we were told breakfast buffet was until 10:am, everything good the first day, and on the second day of our stay, at 9:42am, there was no sign of a breakfast buffet. I feel I was lied to. Bathrooms were tiny. Hotel was good otherwise, but it is amazing how we felt about the place after being denied breakfast.

Room Tip: Parking is tough. No view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Beds were very comfy, rooms let in quite a bit of noise this was the only minus about the room.
Pool is in an excellent location. Room service a little pricey but food was excellent.
A very pleasant stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Boston, Massachusetts, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

The bathrooms are so rundown; old tile and grungy. Circa 1970 it seems. Was running training for a client there and the conference room was like a sauna; in the high 80's. We asked four times to have the room temperature lowered and finally someone thought to open the door to the outside which cooled the room off quickly. Not sure why it took us so long to figure that out! If you're staying in the area there are virtually no restaurants nearby. It's a bit in the middle of nowhere.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Stayed one night and reception staff very friendly had problem with parking and was sorted. Room was clean and comfy though room service was a bit slow. Breakfast was good and would surely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Strathmore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Room was nicely planned, including appropriate furnishings. However, it would be nice to have easy access to a 110 power source to plug in iPhone, etc. on the bed side table as I also utilize my phone as my alarm clock.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN Village Park Inn? Share your experiences!