“Clean, friendly and resonably priced” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Calgary Airport

You added Holiday Inn Calgary Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Calgary Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1250 McKinnon Drive NE, Calgary, Alberta T2E 7T7, Canada (Northeast Calgary)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Flexibility & Breakfast!
Ranked #50 of 98 Hotels in Calgary
“Clean, friendly and resonably priced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Stayed here on a business trip. Typical Holiday Inn standard, nothing too exciting but clean, quiet and comfortable. Close tot he highway and airport. I recommend this place. Oh ya, one sidenote.. food at the on-site restaurant wasn't all that great. Plenty of better choices are available near by, within 5 min drive.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Noel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Calgary Airport, responded to this review, September 22, 2011
I would like to thank you for comments regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Calgary Airport. We are in the process of changing our menu so we are able to compete with the surrounding Restaurants, again thank you for your comments as this will help our hotel to make more improvements on customer satisfaction and customer service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Canberra Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

I had a one night stay here as I had to take a rental car and drive up to Olds, Alberta for a quick visit to a factory. I flew in from Denver via ??? (forgotten, too much travel) and got picked up late at night by the hotel shuttle no dramas. Was dropped back at the airport by the shuttle the next morning to pick up the rental and it all went OK. Couldn't see the Rockies the whole time because of fog but that's not the hotel's fault (of course)

Drove back from Olds and then flew on to LAX via Salt Lake City and San Fran (unexpected 2 day longer than schedule because of weather and lock out at LAX)

The hotel was modern, clean, Canadian (ie very friendly and professional) and the room was good. However, everything in Canada seems more expensive than the equiv in the US, such as car hire and hotels, restaurants, esp with the Loonie so high, so ... get used to it I guess.

Altogeher I would stay here again if I had business but I don't come to this part of Canada very often.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Noel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Calgary Airport, responded to this review, September 7, 2011
Thank you for your comments, it is our hope that when you do return to our property, we can make your next stay with us an enjoyable one. We would like to make each and every stay for our guests a memorable one regardless of how long they are staying with us.
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

I am advised by Reception that I am the first to be issued one of the request for comment cards and I will rise to the honour by genuinely offering my high impressions gained in the short time since booking my room from the airport earlier this afternoon. My request for a room was handled expeditiously and courteously and it was confirmed that the shuttle bus would be despatched immediately to collect me 15 minutes later. The driver was on time and I found him to be someone who obviously enjoys his role and the opportunity he has of meeting people from around the world which he has combined with a most personable nature, resulting in a short but very pleasant trip. My luggage, which had been most willingly loaded and unloaded was not light but was handled with enthusiasm. The driver was tipped appropriately and yet the service did not stop there. Once I had been checked in (which was again a pleasant, expedient and courteous exercise) the driver assisted with my luggage through to my room as he could see that I had a little too many items to handle easily by myself.
The staff at Reception easily matched the impressions gained thus far when I sought guidance on how I might go about doing my laundry. I was provided with free detergent and shown to a very clean facility furnished with quite new washing machines and dryers for which I sought and was provided with suitable change for their operation.
Once the laundry was underway I returned to Reception to make arrangements for my shuttle trip to the airport and yet again this was conducted in a quick, professional manner.
The staff on duty took the time to engage in some genuinely friendly and interesting conversational exchanges which led to their proffering this opportunity to record my positive impressions, now happily provided.

Room Tip: I have no tips to offer because in my case I simply took what was offered - suffice to say, I am ful...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
I would like to take the time and offer my sincere thanks for the great comments that you had written, regarding your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Calgary Airport, we always try and go above and beyond our guests expectation and I am very happy that our staff was able to achieve this for you. I hope that you are able to visit us again in the near future.
calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

We enjoyed our stay at the Holiday Inn Calgary Airport during a recent stay in Calgary. It is easy to find right off the main highway. There was lots for the kids to do nearby like the zoo and shopping. It also has an indoor pool and exercise room which we made good use of. Also, having a restaurant on the property was an added bonus. We found the staff friendly and the rooms clean. The price was reasonable and we will be staying there again next time we are in town.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule and writing about your recent experience during your last stay with us. It is very nice to know that the staff at the Holiday Inn Calgary Airport were able to surpass your expectations We hope that you will pick the Holiday Inn Calgary Airport as your "Home Away from Home" on your next visit to Calgary.
Royston, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

The Calgary Airport Holiday Inn was our first night after a long intercontinental flight before we made our way up into the Rockies. First impressions were that it was a bit dated, in style at least particularly the Dining Room. But there was a lot of substance to their service. the room was comfortable with a particularly effective aircon, and despite having reservations about being located directly next to the Bar/Dining Room it was quiet. Beds were comfy and the room had a little kitchenette. Bathroom was a bit lacklustre, bath was particularly small. The hotel has free Wifii which was a bonus to skype family to say we'd arrived safely although you do seem to need to re-sign in every so often.. Staff were friendly and helpful, if perhaps not the best at english as could be expected. Cue Fawlty-towers like attempt to order some beer with dinner ending with my wife an I looking at each other shrugging and agreeing with whatever the waiter was trying to say.. As it happens the Honey Beer that came as a result was delicious! Food is not exactly inspirational (Grill-type food, burgers steaks etc) but was quite homely. The breakfast we had very early (as we were a bit jet lagged) arrived promptly at 6am and was both delicious and, compared with the fare of subsequent hotel very reasonable. My wife and kids tried the spa and were a bit disappointed the jacuzzi didnt bubble but were otherwise happy for its proximity after our flight..

All in all its not exactly glamorous but it is a worthy place to rest yourself after a long flight and to carry on with your travels.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

We spend three nights here, the hotel was quite and very clean.
All staff were friendly and helpful. We used some of the facilities whilst we were there, gym was small but had everything you needed, pool was nice and refreshing! We used room service when we first got to the hotel, good select of food and was quick with the delivery. Resturant was a nice size, staff very friendly and had good food.
We would stay here again!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

Room was fine. Could not get WiFi to work in our room and tech support was over the phone and basically said they couldn't help us. Even with internet plugged in, couldn't get it to work and staff did not seem to care. One staff was very unprofessional, had an issue with his temper and when we complained of the service told us we could leave and came out from behind the counter and into my husband's face. Never had an experience like that before and not impressed. Buffet breakfast was ok - good value for the price but food just ok. Nowhere near the airport or anything else for that matter. Room was clean. little bar area seperate from room with additional sink, very helpful with kids.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Noel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Calgary Airport, responded to this review, September 2, 2011
I apologize for experience you had encoountered during your last stay with. I can assure you that this situation will not occur again. Thank you for your comments as we are always looking to improve our hotel in all areas of guest service

Been to Holiday Inn Calgary Airport? Share your experiences!