“Reasonably 'ok' restaurant” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pacini

Pacini
123 Freeport Blvd NE, Calgary, Alberta, Canada (Northeast Calgary)
403-930-8080
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Northeast Calgary
Description: it is located at Acclaim Hotel, it is listed on the site for acclaim. I have posted the link.
Calgary, Alberta
“Reasonably 'ok' restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

The food is fine, ambience is ok, bread bar is pretty good. Service has always been good overall the restaurant is ok but not spectacular. I was hoping for a better quality of food (carbonara noodles and sauce seemed packaged). I'd go again because it is reasonable, service was good, bread bar is great, and there's lots of choice.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

64% Recommend
Calgary, Canada
“Great service, great dessert, ok food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

First impressions, this restaurant was beautiful and clean. We went for one of our friends 30th birthday dinner in January. Kids ate free for the month of January and February. When we arrived at our table, our server brought us our water. There are 2 different types of bottles: one carbonated and one plain. Their water is filtered in house and are served in these attractive blue bottles. The carbonated water has bubbles on the bottle, so you can tell which one is which. The one thing I didn't like about this is that the water wasn't cold.

The all-you-can-eat bread bar was awesome! It is kind of dangerous if you can't control yourself and keep eating bread... like I did :) It is conveniently placed in the middle of the restaurant. It consists of 4 types of bread: focaccia, baguette, a type of sundried tomato bread and another which escapes me now, and they are all enclosed in little cupboards on the wall. There are tons of little appetizer sized plates to serve yourself as well as extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar for dipping. There are 3 butters at the bread station: pesto, garlic and plain. You butter your bread and throw it onto the grill that's in the middle of this bread station. There are tongs placed around the grill, and the grill itself is lowered into this island, so it would take a complete fool to burn themselves.

The food was sub-par, nothing too exciting. It wasn't bad, but for the price and the ambiance of the restaurant, I did expect more. I ordered the Fettuccine Carbonara which is fettuccine in alfredo sauce with pieces of bacon. When it arrived it looked good, but it also looked a little dry, like it was made first out of all of the dishes and kind of sat on the sidelines waiting for the other dishes to be made. I appreciate that my table consisted of 10 adults and 3 kids, but it was visibly dry right away. It tasted a little dry as well. I also accompanied my dish with a side order of 3 garlic shrimps. They were actually quite good. I would say they were better than the pasta dish itself. After our table got their dishes, the server came around with parmesan and fresh cracked black pepper. On the table along with salt and pepper, were 3 types of oils: extra virgin olive oil, garlic infused oil and chili infused oil. I thought it was nice to have that kind of variety for people that aren't afraid to experiment with their food.

Other dishes that the people at my table ordered were the Seafood Linguine, Grilled Chicken Rosemarino which according to them, were both very fulfilling and tasty as well. A couple of the people at my table got the Tortellini with Rosata Sauce, which is a Five-cheese tortellini topped with cream sauce with a touch of tomato. I didn't try any, but they seemed to rave about it, so I guess I'll take their word for it. :) Almost all of us got dessert and the ones that did, got the Tiramisu Autentico. As in the name, very authentic, lady Fingers soaked in espresso in a mascarpone mousse and dusted with cocoa. It's served in a little swing top glass jar, which I thought was a cute idea. It was SOOO good. I would come back to Pacini just to eat this dessert, it was phenomenal. It wasn't overbearingly sweet, but it's the kind of dessert you would need a bit of a sweet tooth to fully enjoy.

After dinner, they handed out individually wrapped chocolate covered maraschino cherries! I thought that was QUITE awesome. It's definitely a nice change from your everyday after dinner mints or chocolates. I took home about 5 of them. :) All in all, our server was fantastic, very friendly, very patient, and always smiling. The food wasn't fabulous, but I think it was made up for by the impeccable service, the fantastic dessert and of course, the all-you-can-eat, grill-it-yourself bread bar. I would visit this place again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Edmonton
“Great food, close to the airport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stayed at the Best Western and was looking to eat at a restaurant nearby. Found Pacini. It is attached to the Acclaim hotel. Great service. There offer a bread bar, where you can choose from 5 different types of bread and spreads and then you toast it. The bread bar is free with the purchase if an entree or $2.50 otherwise.

The tiramisu was awesome!

I went with a group of people and everyone seemed to find something they liked. They have a wide selection of appetizers, pizza, lasagna, meat and chicken and a large selection of salads for those watching their calories.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
eastend
“great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

a great restaurant inside the Acclaim hotel, has a good variety on the menu and the prices are fine, as in most places the wine is over priced as per most restaurants, but a good selection, would recommend to anyone, also good service

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
calgary
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Too bad this gem of an Italian restaurant is tucked away in a hotel by the airport. It has a fabulous menu with generous serving sizes. They don't do half sizes but they will allow you to share a portion. One unique thing they have is an all you can eat bread bar. YUM!! Servers and service was well timed and very pleasant. Don't wait to be going somewhere to eat there. Make a trip to head up there for a meal.

Visited January 2013