“Wonderful stay. So relaxing.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Centro Motel

Save Saved
You added Centro Motel to your Saves list
Centro Motel
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   4540 16 Ave. NW, Calgary, Alberta T3B0M6, Canada (Northwest Calgary)   |
Special Offer
STAY AND SAVE!
Ranked #44 of 98 hotels in Calgary
Lethbridge, Canada
“Wonderful stay. So relaxing.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

We checked in later in the day. Check in was smooth as silk. Great customer service. Room big, Clean. Easy to use heater so the room was kept warm. Road noise was minimal considering it is on 16th avew. Curtains closed and overlapped so noise reduced and kept dark so you could enjoy your sleep. Breakfast was great.
Would recommend this Motel in a heart beat ...

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
centromotel, General Manager at Centro Motel, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Thank you very much for your time in writing about your recent wonderful experience at Centro Motel. We are extremely pleased to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and that you would recommend us. We look forward to your next visit!

114 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
British Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

I stayed here in early November for a night and I think the recent reviews are accurate. The photos do show hip stylish rooms but the decor is only so much make-up. The building itself is a bit shabby and yes, there are holes in the walls and a general impression of unfinished renos. Also on the down side is that the rooms really are dark - those fashionable colours just rob the rooms of any reflected light and the view from the windows of the parking lot and the busy highway don't inspire you to keep the curtains open. The bathroom in my room had a great shower in a very cramped space - not a problem for an overnight stay. On the up side, this motel offers very competitive prices and often runs specials. I think I paid $108 for the night - that's a great price for Calgary. And even with the funny hole in the wall, the room was snug and warm and quiet; I slept very well. It was seemed very clean and had a little fridge and a decent desk space with hassle-free wi-fi included. You wouldn't want to stay here without a car, but if you have a lot of the city to cover, the Centro Motel is a great location. You can get anywhere in a hurry. And bless them, they take pets - I didn't have any with me but I always appreciate that. For all these reasons I'm rating them VG, that and because when I didn't qualify for a $99 special because I made a same day booking, they still found a good rate for me.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
centromotel, General Manager at Centro Motel, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with Centro Motel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your overall experience with Centro and that you found the value in our product. Our staff members will ensure that each guest is receiving the best rate possible and we are extremely pleased that they were able to meet your requirements in that regard. We are also happy to hear that you appreciate our pet friendly policies as the staff and management are pet owners themselves so understand the desire to travel with your pet.

As mentioned, we can confirm that updates have been made to our heating/cooling system in response to guest feedback to ensure a more quiet and effective room temperature regulation, which did result in a few blemishes that required finishing. We appreciate all of guest’s patience with the process and can assure everyone that all of our rooms are being looked after in a timely fashion.

We look forward to the next opportunity to welcome you, and perhaps your pet, back to Centro Motel!
Portland, OR
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I think my expectations were in order...I knew it was a motel, but with a hip modern makeover. That sounds ok...not expecting the Ritz. The room pictured on the website looked inviting and well renovated.
Then I got here.
Let me also say that I had two rooms rented, so this is not just based on one room, which might be an exception. There are holes in the walls...big ones...where obviously things have been ripped down off the walls. There is a 6"x12" hole in the drywall that has been patched with more drywall and never finished...just a patch stuck in the hole. The heater in my bathroom bent and hanging loosely off the wall. The paint is chipped and showing through all over the room. Last night at 4am, my door just swung open on its own (it's about -15 out). And today, they didn't even bother to make up my room. When I asked why, they said there was a "do not disturb" sign on the door, which is just an outright lie.
These people obviously do not care. Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
I would like to take the time to address your comments about your recent stay at Centro Motel. It is imperative that guests understand that all of our staff and management care a great deal about our property and our guests, so much so, that we have been undergoing some updates to our heating/cooling systems in response to our guests feedback so that we are able to offer a quieter, more effective heating/cooling option. It is due to this that some rooms have a few décor blemishes that have since been repaired. It would be appreciated that if a guest experiences something not to their satisfaction, that they bring it to the attention of the staff during the time of their stay so that we may have an opportunity to address the concerns accordingly. Thank you again for your constructive feedback that we can use to grow and improve our product and service.
Athabasca, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

When booking a room and requesting a room on the main floor or the second, get it in writing. I booked approximately 3 weeks prior to my stay and when checking in, early, was told there were no more rooms available on the main floor. Supposedly that should have been noted on the confirmation email I received after I had made a change to my initial reservation (I didn't receive a confirmation email when I first made the reservation). I was however phoned after making the change to my reservation to check on how many pets I would be bringing with me. I hadn't mentioned pets....

Room Tip: Corner rooms don't have windows and are very dark. Sound travels from adjacent rooms.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience at Centro Motel. We are very sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. We try at every opportunity to meet all the requests of our guests and we recommend letting us know of any special requests as early as possible so that we can accommodate your needs. Unfortunately on the day of your check in, we were full and unable to change the room. We hope that you will visit Centro Motel again and give us the opportunity to better serve your needs.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

The person at reception was great when we arrived super friendly. Room was clean and not a single dust bunny under the beds. Did my routine bug check around the head boards and all was good. Breakfast was simple but continentals always are. When we returned the rooms had been cleaned and restocked. Great stay. Great staff. Location made it easy to get around the city

Only bad this was the Keurig needed to be cleaned. Did that myself and it was good as new.

• Stayed September 2013
centromotel, General Manager at Centro Motel, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on Centro Motel. We believe that cleanliness and a warm, welcoming staff are crucial in providing guests with a pleasant stay and are happy that our efforts were noticed and appreciated by you. We have noted your comment on the Keurig and it will be part of our daily checklist. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. We look forward to welcoming you back to Centro on your next visit to Calgary.
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I recently spent 4 nights at the Centro (23 - 26 September 2013). I was looking for budget priced hotel and I was delighted with the Centro. I had found the hotel with a Google search and booked online before leaving Australia for my Canadian holiday. The motel is situated out of the CBD in theNW Quadrant of the City but there is a bus service just a short walk away that runs every 15 minutes and takes you into the centre of the CBD in about 10minutes for a fixed fare of $3.

The Centro is excellent value for money with good sized rooms and all facilities that you need including free in room WIFi. The rooms are well decorated, very clean and the bed very comfortable and well serviced every day. The front office staff are friendly and courteous and very helpful. A good continental breakfast is included in the room tarrif. Free phone calls anywhere in Canada and the USA are a bonus.

The motel does not have a restaurant attached but there is a good choice of eating places within a short walking distance.

I would defintely stay again should I be back in Calgary.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you very much for writing about your recent stay at Centro Motel. We are happy that you were able to find us when searching for accommodation in Calgary. While Centro is not downtown, it is very conveniently located to many of Calgary’s attractions, tourist facilities and restaurants. We strive very hard to provide excellent value and our staff prides themselves in maintaining cleanliness as a priority and we are very pleased that you found our rooms clean and comfortable. We hope you do find reason to visit Calgary again and look forward to welcoming you back to Centro Motel.
Waterford, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Many reviewers seem to have overlooked that this is a MOTEL, not a hotel and is priced accordingly. It's a great option for afforadable accomodation in Calgary and is definitely the nicest motel I've ever stayed in. It's comforatable, stylish and great value for money, in what is a very expensive city. The room is really modern and quite spacious and I would definitely stay here again. My only quibble is with the breakfast, which was very ordinary.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
centromotel, General Manager at Centro Motel, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for your insight into your recent stay with Centro Motel. We have done a lot of market research to ensure that our prices are competitive and fair. It is rewarding to know that you found the value associated with the pricing and product. We appreciate your feedback regarding our breakfast as we are constantly looking for new ways to improve the value provided to our valued guests. On your next visit to our City, we are certain we can delight you with an improved, extraordinary breakfast.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Centro Motel!

Been to Centro Motel? Share your experiences!