“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 98 hotels in Calgary
rome
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011 via mobile

I've been to this hotel some days ago, and I found kind service, spacious and clean room with ensuite bathroom and a very good breakfast buffet. I also had dinner at their lounge (salt and cracked pepper chicken wings, hot and delicious), and i found it good and reasonably priced. Even if i arrived late at night, it seemed to me in a quite central location.

• Stayed June 2011
EAKBatDBV, Executive Assistant at Delta Bow Valley Hotel, responded to this review, June 16, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent visit to our hotel and your review here on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your feedback and are certainly glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay as well as our Salt & Pepper Wings!

Kimberly Beattie
Executive Assistant

551 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

This hotel stay complimented my 10-year high school reunion experience that I had downtown. It was a nice in city stay as I didn't want to drive downtown, and/or take a cab home in the middle of the night. Only stayed for one night as I just needed a close place to sleep after my reunion experience. It was a nice big room with a flat screen TV, nice bed, and provided a nice view of downtown with the new Bow Building and the Calgary Tower. (See attached photo) As a resident of Calgary, I never tire of that view. After a late night, the breakfast buffet was perfect to start off my day before I checked out and went home. It's a great location as it's right in the heart of downtown near major tourist attractions, and the LRT line. I was also amazed of the value considering this is a 3.5-star property in downtown. Compared to other properties downtown, this should be considered a great value as I got my money's worth. Feel that this hotel should give a great impression of Calgary for tourists, and locals. Would consider staying here again if I needed to stay downtown overnight.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
gmJTDeltaBOW, General Manager at Delta Bow Valley Hotel, responded to this review, June 28, 2011
Dear Brett,

Thank you for your review of our hotel in conjunction with your stay on May 15th, 2011. We were truly delighted to hear that you enjoyed your high school reunion and that we were able to accommodate you in your own city for a night!

Brett, what a fabulous view you give of Calgary from a tourist perspective. Thank you again for a great review of not only our hotel, but of Calgary! We look forward to welcoming you back.

Yours truly,
James Tingley
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

No internet service in the rooms, inconsistent room service, rooms are totally dated, and it's in a crummy part of town.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback, however I was disappointed to see by your comments that you did not enjoy your stay.

I apologize that you had difficulties with the in room internet. The Delta Bow Valley provides both plug in and wireless networks to all guestrooms. The guestrooms are continually being updated and it is unfortunate that you found the styling dated.

The construction of the Bow Office Tower, 58 stories housing a major oil company, is adding to the vibrancy of the area in which we are located, two blocks form the Telus Convention Center, C-Train station and Stephen Avenue Mall.

Once again, thank you for your comments and hopefully you will consider our hotel in the future.

Yours truly,
James Tingley
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011

We had one night here either side of a drive to Banff, both times I wished we could stay longer than a night, as the rooms were large and comfortable, and the beds plush and cosy. Service was good, and we loved the internet access in the business center because we were starved of internet contact at the time so probably hogged the computer for a while. One of the mornings we had breakfast in the restaurant and the waitress was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
EAKBatDBV, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Delta Bow Valley Hotel, responded to this review, April 13, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your review of our Hotel on Trip Advisor. We truly appreciate your feedback and are so happy to hear that we provided friendly and consistent service to you on either side of your trip to the Canadian Rocky Mountains! We are also glad to hear that we were able to offer you complimentary internet service in our Business Centre to ensure you were getting your internet "fix" and keeping in touch with family and friends during your trip. Should you find yourselves in Calgary again we would love to have you stay with us.

Kimberly Beattie
Executive Assistant
kbeattie@deltahotels.com
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

What can I say, if you know Delta's... this is typical. Lobby is ok... location is great for downtown (but many hotels are around that area as well)... parking is $17 a day... rooms are less attractive than most other chains.
Place was loud as anything. You can hear the ppl on the upper floor bouncing around and talking loudly. Hallway noises/chatter is also loud. It's not the worse... and I did not stay at any other Calgary hotel so I cannot comment if it's better/worse than others.... but i'd surely try something else before staying again. Concierge service went above and beyond to help us and were extremely polite and helpful and always there. Overall... mediocre experience. As I said... typical Delta... older hotel that is good.. but that's about it. No where to get coffee other than expensive restaurant, (but I saw a Starbucks opening soon) $28 for hotel style Sunday Brunch ???? Get out !!! Try the Ranche Restaurant!!! Worth the drive !!! Keys required in elevators, and the system is sensitive as anything. Got caught in the elevators three times and had to go back down and get another key... even though the key works for my room, just not the elevators.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
EAKBatDBV, General Manager at Delta Bow Valley Hotel, responded to this review, March 29, 2011
Dear Concordia7,

Thank-you for your review of our hotel! We were pleased to hear that our Concierge were helpful, polite and went above and beyond your expectations to meet your needs. This is truly indicative of the standards that Delta Hotels sets for ourselves across the country that we all strive to achieve.

I do wish to apologize for any difficulties that you encountered, particularly with the elevators. The Delta Bow Valley will celebrate our 30th Birthday this year. Our associates take pride in providing a well maintained, well cared for product that has undergone numerous renovations during the past few years. We look forward to continually improving our property in the years to come.

Delta Bow Valley has competitively priced our heated underground parking compared to the surrounding parking lots in our immediate area. You will find, for the most part, we are lower than the other hotels in the area.

We are one of the few hotels in the downtown core to offer a weekly Sunday Brunch. This Brunch is well known in the City and enjoys a loyal local clientele in addition to our Hotel Guests. Feedback is typically centered around our vast offering of fresh items as well as the high level of food quality and service provided.

Once again we appreciate your review of our hotel and look forward to the opportunity of having you stay with us once again!

GM JT
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2011

Made reservations inadvance for a Std typr room with one kingbed. Upon checking-in I mentioned that my husband and I were celebrating our anniversary and that we were happy to be visiting Calgary. Upon getting to our room we realized we were upgraded to a suite with spectacular views of the city.

The room was larger than my 1st apartment! The room was clean, linens fresh and crisp, sufficient towels and nice bath robes. Guest services were perceptive to our needs and shortly after we had a knock on the door with a bottle of complimentary champagne and chocolate and pistachio covered strawberries and a very nice congratdulatory card.

Had breakfast the fallowing day and was very good, portion size and options were both good. Got valet parking and the vehicle was brought up efficiently, swan in pool and it was very nice, the roof top patio was nice, the hot tub was that-hot with lots of chlorine which, made me feel that it was clean. The lobby and lounge area are very modern/hip, very nice.

The only negative was that we were given incorrect information to a resteraunt walking distance from the hotel which, was closed. when we returned from the closed resteraunt to ask where else we could go,the hotel staff were very apologetic for sending us to the resteraunt that wasn't open.

The hotel is on a main road so, if you don't have a vehicle I think it'd be alright to get around although, having a vehicle is much more convienient. Walking todowntown in summer is close and a nice walk but in winter, not so much fun.

Great visit, would definately recommed! ;D

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

I have been traveling to Calgary several times in the last few months and have stayed at the Delta Bow Valley everytime. The staff there is awesome! They are very friendly and offer superb service. Thanks to Bob, Lesa, Bobbi, Robbi and Sara and all the rest (Sorry did not get all names). It is only a couple of blocks to the +15. The room was clean and comfortable. I will definately stay there on my next trip. Thanks again for the wonderful stay.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
gmJTDeltaBOW, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Delta Bow Valley Hotel, responded to this review, March 29, 2011
Hello Kjobgen,

Thank YOU for the wonderful review! We are thrilled that you have been enjoying your stays with us and plan to return. I have shared your Thanks with Bob, Lesa, Bobbi, Robbi & Sara they are all looking forward to your return to Calgary!

Kimberly

Been to Delta Bow Valley Hotel? Share your experiences!