“Hidden gemstone!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 11th Street Lodging B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Calgary
11th Street Lodging B&B
You added 11th Street Lodging B&B to your Saves list
1307 - 11th Street SW, Calgary, Alberta T2R 1G5, Canada (Beltline)   |
Ranked #17 of 51 Calgary B&B and Inns
Edmonton, Canada
“Hidden gemstone!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I stayed here for 9 days as I had a training that I was attending. It is right next to downtown and walking distance to my training site. It has a great breakfast included and it is very quiet and comfortable. The owners are very friendly and helpful and always available if you need anything. I would definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Stayed in 2013 for one night for a major conference and because I was late a conventional hotel room was not available in the conference hotel. I enjoyed staying at this bed and breakfast (actually it is like a normal house) with the employee being very kind and friendly. They do not answer phones or return e-mails but I made the reservation online and sure enough I arrived and followed the instructions to get inside. Everything was clean and lovely and the price was excellent, really good value. They even have a small "breakfast buffet" which is great for right in the morning, actually it says it starts at 7:00AM but I was there a little earlier and there was already a good selection of food out. I read claims online that rooms are not locked but my room had a proper lock... so that is outdated I think.. Overall this was my first stay at a "bed and breakfast" by accident and from now on I only try to find bed and breakfasts because I enjoyed this one so much. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Book in advance as this is a small residential house with very limited rooms
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Lethbridge, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

we stayed during the 2013 Calgary Comic Expo. It was an awesome place to stay, it is right downtown and you can get anywhere without a car. The guys were awesome and helpful in recommending where to eat. The largest room where we stayed was a good size, the bathroom was small but had enough space to do what you needed. I will stay here again whenever we are in Calgary.

Room Tip: The largest room has a balcony, so it great for more people.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Nottingham UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed for 4 nights and had room 3 which was a good size, very clean and had a great comfortable bed. This is B & B with character being an old house that has been renovated - and well.
Good size sitting room with pc and printer- wi fi also available and it is a good connection. Buffet breakfast is good- just help yourself!. It is only a short 10-15 walk to the riverside walkway and 10 min to the Calgary Transit stn. The CBD and downtown eateries ar also only a short walk away.
John, one of the owners is friendly and always on hand with any information you may need.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed 4 nights prior to renting a Harley and touring the Rockies for a week and then returned for our last 3 nights before we flew back home. It was a first visit to Canada and John and Pete made our visit even more enjoyable. Went out of their way to help us with leaving our luggage with them and letting us keeping our room for a late check out!!! Room was comfortable and was thankful of the balcony so we could keep the door open in the heat! Liked the idea of just wandering downstairs for breakfast and helping yourselves. Located in a good spot for us near to bars, restaurants and a nice walk to Stampede. No need for public transport.
Thanks again - hope the Skippering went well John and please say thanks again to your friends for the lift - much appreciated!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Cloverdale, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

My usual hotel was $ 500 a night so instead I found this great little place. For a minimum of 3 nights (I stayed 2) I was charged $ 110/night. No problem. I was greeted by John and given the rundown of the place. I had my own set of keys to the front door and my room to come and go as I pleased.

There is a little breakfast area with cereal, yogurt, milk, juice, fruit and bread.... reasonable for a breakfast on the run.

I went up to my room - though tiny was still enough for me. A twin bed, night stand, a dresser, closet and small TV. The bathroom was shared by my room and the one next door. It was in the hall way so convenient for our use.

The room doesn't have air conditioning but did have a ceiling fan. Air flow was tough to get from the windows that were there.

It's a reasonable distance to walk to the train or downtown. Co-Op was just 2 blocks away as well.

In the end - great alternative during a very expensive time while traveling to Calgary.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Teepee Creek, AB
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I rented the basement suite for a whole year while I was attending college at a campus close by from September 2001 to August 2002. I was a wide-eyed, country girl and moving to the big city was very intimidating. These guys sure helped me to be less anxious. The room was pretty small -- I did have to do my dishes in the bathroom sink! But it was very affordable and a perfect place to stay while going to school.
Thanks, guys, for being my "moms" while I was away from home :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to 11th Street Lodging B&B? Share your experiences!