My boyfriend and I booked Hotel Acclaim for our last night in Alberta. We chose this one because it is close to the airport and because it was voted one of the "trendiest" hotels on Trip Advisor.
Things we loved:
- The room was very nice and well appointed. The bed and pillows were really comfortable.
- The rooftop hot tubs are great ( we went in twice even though it was freezing out, much needed after a week of skiing)
- The use of the complimentary robes
Things that we didn't love:
- You are extremely limited for food choice in the area. There is an Italian restaurant in the hotel but we wanted something a little less expensive. The hotel is so far away from things we had to call 3 different pizza places before someone would agree to deliver there (not the hotel's fault but still...).
- You must walk up a flight of stairs to the hot tubs. This was not a problem for us but we did see some older guests who could have used elevator access.
- The hotel advertises a TV in the washroom; great idea if you want to have a bath right? Well, that TV only gets 3 stations, not all of the same ones you get on the main TV in the room.
- The hotel did not give me an invoice upon check out. I was told it would be e-mailed to me... I still haven't received it a month later.
Overall, this was a nice hotel for the price if you need something that is convenient to the airport.
- Also Known As:
- Acclaim Hotel Calgary
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Acclaim Hotel offers modern sophisticated accommodations 2 kilometres from the Calgary International Airport. Acclaim’s location provides easy access to Calgary’s thoroughfares, allowing for a speedy route to all points in the city. The property offers 123 non-smoking rooms and suites with king and queen size beds. Calgary’s finest Italian food is available right at the property in Pacini Pasta & Grill Ristorante. The on premises wine bar offers a relaxing intimate setting. The CrossIron Mills mall located in Balzac is less than 10 minutes drive north from Acclaim Hotel. If traveling to or from Banff National Park, Canmore, or Jasper access is convenient via the new Hwy. 201 Stoney Trail ring road access 2 km’s north of Acclaim Hotel. The Country Hills Plaza shopping centre is located 5 minutes drive west on Country Hills Boulevard. Michener Allen Auction is located 2 kms north on Barlow Trail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Acclaim Hotel Calgary Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.