“Always a Comfortable stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Acclaim Hotel Calgary Airport

You added Acclaim Hotel Calgary Airport to your Saves list
Acclaim Hotel Calgary Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   123 Freeport Boulevard NE, Calgary, Alberta T3N 0A3, Canada (Northeast Calgary)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #16 of 100 Hotels in Calgary
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dartmouth, Canada
“Always a Comfortable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I have started to make this my usual hotel to stay in when in Calgary for business. The hotel is still fairly new, and the ammenities in the rooms show that a bit of extra effort has been taken in the design, which is appreciated. This includes the TVs in the bathrooms, the shower heads, complimentary bottled water, DVD players in the room with free movies downstairs to borrow, and lots of in room lighting. (I won't say the scales in the bathrooms are a bonus!) The rooms seem very sound proof, and although I know there has been high occupancy while I have been staying there, I truly feel like the only one there - it's that quiet. The restaurant is very nice, the food selection and quality consistently appealing. Although they do not offer room service, you can order and pick up to dine in your room if you prefer. The exercise room is open 24 hours as well, a plus when you have an early morning flight but want to workout beforehand.

And the CrossIron Mills mall is less than a 10 minute drive away, a real bonus for shopping.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Korean first
Sylvan Lake, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Have stayed here twice. The most recent was last night while in town for a play. The hotel staff is always helpful and friendly. Love the lobby's lemon water and Granny Smth apples. Room is clean, comfortable, modern and full of amenities. Value is excellent. Kids loved the tv in the bathroom, bathroom is beautiful. Always stocked and love the full size hair dryer offered. Shuttle bus staff are excellent. When picked up from airport, handled luggage, and offered cold water bottle to refresh you after long flights. So close to the airport. Pacinis restaurant connected to hotel is delsih for both supper and breakfast. Your stay will not disappoint
Loved the beds and pillows. Very comfortable

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

This is quite possibly the best airport hotel I have ever experienced. While I am not sure that I would pick this hotel if I was interested in visiting Calgary more extensively, for someone who flew in from another continent and needed a place to crash before the flight back and right before the flight home, this place was brilliant.

The bathroom was the most amazing part - hence the attached pictures. Other great perks about the room included: free wifi, wonderful pillows, great bed, wonderful bedding, free DVDs that you can borrow and watch, hot tub on the top floor with a great set up, nice gym facilities. It's really hard to fault them. Then you factor in the free shuttle to/from the airport, and you've got a great recipe for success. My only quibble with the hotel is the shuttles only go twice an hour. But that's fairly minor.

I've seen a few comments on prices, and I wanted to add a bit of perspective on that. #1: If you travel during the Calgary Stampede or its 100th anniversary, any place in Calgary is going to gouge you, so you can't fault the hotel for that. #2: The hotel is willing to match the rates of its competitors. That enabled us to get a really good deal -- I first did my homework on what was possible near the airport and the hotel was able to match them on both of the days we were interested in (and we ended up with lower prices than was advertised on the internet for both days). Mind you, we booked several months in advance, but I'd encourage enterprising travelers to stay here and talk to the hotel. They are very welling to work with you -- and I don't regret our stay there in the slightest. To be honest, given the poor hotel we stayed at before, we were awaiting with relish our return to the Acclaim.

NB: The restaurant onsite is a bit tricky to go to - but they have decent food. Shame they don't do room service. We loved their breakfast, and I smelled someone else's pizza and was very impressed.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Highworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

We stayed at the Acclaim in March 2012. The hotel is very modern and clean. The rooms are clean and spacious with all the amenities you need for a short stay. Value for money is excellent. The attached Italian restaurant (and bar) is probably once of the best we've eaten in and the rooftop hot tub is an added bonus. Will stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Sierra Vista, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I had originally tried to book the Acclaim through their website. Received an error message to call the hotel. When I explained that I had tried to book it online, the receptionist told me that it hadn't gone through yet but to wait until the next morning. I checked the next morning and it still hadn't gone through. Decided I would book through an online travel service.
My flight was a late one and I wanted to make sure I was staying at a comfortable hotel with a shuttle. The other reviews of the Acclaim convinced me this was a good place to stay. The shuttle driver was quick to arrive at the airport, courteous and helpful. The receptionist had my reservation, great so far. When I went up to my room, the room was so wonderful looking that I decided to stay there for my return trip on Monday night (yesterday.) When I went down to book it, the receptionist started entering my information and said "Oh, we have you booked for Friday night as well as Thursday night." I was confused as I hadn't any confirmation that there was an extra night; the travel service had sent me a confirmation for one night. The receptionist said she would cancel it but to call the online service and make sure they didn't charge me for a second night. I booked the Monday night with the receptionist and didn't think to ask the rate as it was late, I was tired and I assumed it would be the same as I had for Thursday night. The odd thing was that I called the travel service the next morning and they had no record of my booking another night. I think what might have happened is that my failed booking did go through and for some reason the hotel added a night. I don't know but I wasn't charged for the Friday night.
BUT although I thoroughly enjoyed my second stay last night, a couple of events soured me slightly. When I checked in yesterday, I looked at my room rate. It was a goodly amount over what I had paid on the Thursday. When I asked about it, they said I had got a lower rate because I had booked the Thursday night through an online service. It was too late for me to look for something else so I paid it but I learned a valuable lesson about booking a hotel room AT the hotel.
We wanted room service but when we called the restaurant they said we would have to go down to pick up our food. I did go down but already feeling that I should get top-drawer service for the rate I was paying, I was a little miffed. And the counter staff at the restaurant didn't give me cutlery until I asked for it.
I asked for a wake-up call a half hour before the shuttle this morning. Reception told me they would make two notes--one for the wake-up call and one for the shuttle. When they made the wake-up call however they said the shuttle was waiting. I said that I had asked for the shuttle for half an hour later; I can't wake up and jump on a shuttle. Not a big thing but still--they also had done the same thing to my companion, who was taking a slightly later flight. I managed to get that changed before I left.

All in all, it IS a wonderful hotel in terms of looks and comfort but I will only stay there again if I get the rate that I originally had through the travel service.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Wales UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Only stayed one night following a late flight but we were impressed with this hotel. A sizeable room with plenty of modern amenities and a very good restaurant. Must mention the very helpful airport shuttle drivers.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Stayed here one night before our flight home and were most impressed with the King room. So modern and clean and a very comfortable bed. We had a nice flat screen TV, comfortable furnishings and even a TV in the bathroom! The only thing missing was a mini fridge. We checked in very smoothly, returned our rental car to the airport that night, took the hotel shuttle back to the hotel and then took the shuttle to the airport in the morning. All very convenient and timely. The on-site restaurant, Pacini's, was very good although a little pricey for breakfast. All in all I'd recommend this hotel as a place to stay when flying in or out of Calgary airport.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Acclaim Hotel Calgary Airport? Share your experiences!