I stayed here as I was driving out early in the morning heading south and wanted to avoid the horrible Calgary rush hour traffic. All the staff I met whether at the front desk, in the hall, at the restaurant were very friendly, polite and respectful. The interior is a little old looking but nothing significant. I had a kingsize bed. It was too soft for me. The had two sets of pillows one rated soft the other firm. Even these were too soft. But I know that some people like soft so that is really down to your taste. Size of the room was ok, and internet was free both wifi in your room and ethernet connection.
I had breakfast in the restaurant in the morning. it was very good. I like that they automatically give you a cup to take your coffee with you at the end of breakfast. Nice little touch. Macleod Trail has a number of restaurants on it so you dont have to go far to get something to eat. There is a good little Mexican restaurant called Salt and Pepper kiddie corner from the hotel and a block South. I did hear one train while I was in the room.
Overall the hotel was fine. Nothing great nothing horrible.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Calgary-Macleod Trail South Hotel
- Holiday Inn Calgary-Macleod Trail South Hotel Calgary
- Holiday Inn Calgary
- Calgary Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to a Calgary Hotel that Offers Comfort and Convenience Take a video tour of this hotel! The Holiday Inn Calgary Macleod Trail South is ideally located close to Calgary's vibrant downtown core with easy access to Calgary attractions and businesses - as well as the Calgary International Airport (YYC). We provide the ideal address while traveling on business with easy and close access to the downtown core, leave your car with us, we are adjacent to the Calgary Public Transit system giving you easy access to the Downtown Core, Calgary Zoo, Princess Island Park, Glenbow Museum and make sure you visit the cities largest mall; Chinook Centre plus many more attractions. Stay connected anywhere with free wireless/wired Internet access in guest rooms and wireless Internet in the public areas, meeting rooms and restaurant. If you wish to relax at the hotel please visit South 42 Restaurant & Lounge a great place to enjoy a delicious breakfast, luncheon meeting or a quiet dinner for two. Our lounge offers a comfortable atmosphere to relax at the end of a hectic day. When it's time to relax at this Calgary Hotel enjoy the heated indoor pool, 24 hour fitness center and business center. We are also proud to be pet friendly. Holiday Inn Calgary Macleod Trail South is the place to stay and play! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Calgary - Macleod Trail South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.