We had driven across the country to start our lives anew in Calgary...after five days on the road we were looking forward to have a relaxing stay whilst we waited to settle on our new home. Despite the front desks best efforts our initial impression was not positive as we arrived mid afternoon looking to relax only to be told our room wasn't ready. Despite advising in advance we would require a pet friendly room we were told it would be another 60 mins. We went for a walk for 90 mins and when we returned were told it stil wasn't ready...we waited some more. Once the room was ready it was reasonable...until the trains started to go past. There is a light rail however there is also a rail line for diesel locomotives that can give you a rude awakening at 0200 in the morning. Granted we were in a pet friendly (second class) room but once the morning commuters, rail and traffic started to permeate our room it was time for a change. There may be better rooms but we changed hotels and couldn't have been happier.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Calgary-Macleod Trail South Hotel
- Holiday Inn Calgary-Macleod Trail South Hotel Calgary
- Holiday Inn Calgary
- Calgary Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to a Calgary Hotel that Offers Comfort and Convenience Take a video tour of this hotel! The Holiday Inn Calgary Macleod Trail South is ideally located close to Calgary's vibrant downtown core with easy access to Calgary attractions and businesses - as well as the Calgary International Airport (YYC). We provide the ideal address while traveling on business with easy and close access to the downtown core, leave your car with us, we are adjacent to the Calgary Public Transit system giving you easy access to the Downtown Core, Calgary Zoo, Princess Island Park, Glenbow Museum and make sure you visit the cities largest mall; Chinook Centre plus many more attractions. Stay connected anywhere with free wireless/wired Internet access in guest rooms and wireless Internet in the public areas, meeting rooms and restaurant. If you wish to relax at the hotel please visit South 42 Restaurant & Lounge a great place to enjoy a delicious breakfast, luncheon meeting or a quiet dinner for two. Our lounge offers a comfortable atmosphere to relax at the end of a hectic day. When it's time to relax at this Calgary Hotel enjoy the heated indoor pool, 24 hour fitness center and business center. We are also proud to be pet friendly. Holiday Inn Calgary Macleod Trail South is the place to stay and play! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Olotels and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Calgary - Macleod Trail South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.