I used this hotel in September while the International Pipeline Conference was on and all the downtown hotels had hiked their prices up for the week. Therefore, relatively, a reasonable rate of $170 per night. Train station right outside the hotel with only 4 stops north to downtown (10 mins) and 1 stop south to the Chinook Shopping Mall at a one way price of $2.75.
Reception staff were very pleasant and the hotel features a restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner. 7 eleven within walking distance as are various eateries.
Didn't try the pool as it had been refilled and was apparently very cold, but looked very nice.
Room was clean and relatively spacious, although only 5 coat hangers, but a quick call to reception and a guy arrived with more. Good desk for working on (bottom part pulls out so almost doubles working area) and free in room wifi (which is an absolute must for me when selecting a hotel - I despise the big chains that charge for wifi on top of high room rates - colleagues of mine stayed in the Hyatt at a ridiculous rate and had to pay a further $60 per week for wifi - disgraceful !).
All in all, an excellent alternative to the big downtown chains, in a convenient location, at a fraction of the price.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Calgary-Macleod Trail South Hotel
- Holiday Inn Calgary-Macleod Trail South Hotel Calgary
- Holiday Inn Calgary
- Calgary Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to a Calgary Hotel that Offers Comfort and Convenience Take a video tour of this hotel! The Holiday Inn Calgary Macleod Trail South is ideally located close to Calgary's vibrant downtown core with easy access to Calgary attractions and businesses - as well as the Calgary International Airport (YYC). We provide the ideal address while traveling on business with easy and close access to the downtown core, leave your car with us, we are adjacent to the Calgary Public Transit system giving you easy access to the Downtown Core, Calgary Zoo, Princess Island Park, Glenbow Museum and make sure you visit the cities largest mall; Chinook Centre plus many more attractions. Stay connected anywhere with free wireless/wired Internet access in guest rooms and wireless Internet in the public areas, meeting rooms and restaurant. If you wish to relax at the hotel please visit South 42 Restaurant & Lounge a great place to enjoy a delicious breakfast, luncheon meeting or a quiet dinner for two. Our lounge offers a comfortable atmosphere to relax at the end of a hectic day. When it's time to relax at this Calgary Hotel enjoy the heated indoor pool, 24 hour fitness center and business center. We are also proud to be pet friendly. Holiday Inn Calgary Macleod Trail South is the place to stay and play! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, IHG, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Olotels, Priceline, Agoda, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Holiday Inn Calgary - Macleod Trail South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.