“Ok meal.” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 29 Restaurants in Lake Louise
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Alberta
“Ok meal.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

I had read the good reviews so my boyfriend and I decided to check it out. The pub is attached to the Post Hotel on the far right side. It is a very small dark little pub with very simple decor. Kind of has character i guess. There are couches and a few tables. Not fancy by any means...if that is what you are looking for there is another restaurant next door it looked like.
We ordered off the menu, which is quite limited, as the specials all included seafood which neither my boyfriend or I are fans of. He got the burger which he said was ok....average. And I ordered the salad with chicken and blackforest ham....(as pictured above by another reviewer) I was not impressed with the salad...the chiken was not very good and the ham was sandwhich meat. The big cheese chunks were good I guess and then there were a few veggies and lettuce..Don't think i would order it again.
It is kind of a cute little pub and I would go there again for drinks or maybe try the special another time. There are not a lot of options for restaurants in Lake Louise but it is kind of fun to try out a new one each time we go.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Sydney, Australia
“Wonderful meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

Stayed at Fairmont up the road but dined here one night, food Michelin star worthy and wine list as good as seen in Canada. Had Chef's special of evening, a terrine, and meal from start to finish was both relaxed and of very high standard, even waiting staff off a ski hill were of a very high standard

Visited March 2012
Chatham, New Jersey
“relaxed dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

We ate in the pub and sat in leather chairs near the fire and ate our dinner on end tables. Very casual and comfortable after a big day on the mountain.

Visited March 2012
Red Deer, Canada
“One of the best in alberta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

Ive been to a lot of high end restaurants across the country and this is one of the best...Service is the best, wine cellar is unreal highly recommend.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Singapore
“Cosy, rustic pub with great hearty food - perfect after a long, cold day!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

One of the best pubs I've been to, and a great tonic to the icy, lofty beauty of Lake Louise - no pretension, great food, local beer on tap, lovely hidden location.

Our pockets didn't quite stretch to the luxury of staying at the boutique Post Hotel, which is where the Outpost Pub is located on one end, but I'm so glad we decided to try out the pub (couldn't quite justify the fine dining formal restaurant in the hotel). The Post is a gorgeous looking hotel that resembles a great rustic log cabin, and the Outpost Pub, nestled on one end and blanketed with snow, looked just as cosy and welcoming.

Inside - large cushy sofas for bigger parties, smaller casual tables, fireplace, TVs (we caught Madonna's performance during the Superbowl on our second visit, awesome). The menu has a daily special each day; on our first visit we were cold and hungry, having come from the Ice Festival at Lake Louise where our hands had just about frozen off. That didn't stop us from ordering two pints of local brew on tap - Traditional Ale and the lighter Grasshopper, as well as a Peppermint Patty (hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps - mmm...). For starters we shared a French Onion soup which was just dripping with cheese - so rustic and such comfort food on a cold night. Delicious. My partner had the daily special, steak done medium rare, while I had the Rocky Mountain salad with grilled chicken. This wasn't really a salad as it turns out - lashings of grilled chicken, slabs of cheddar, and hidden curls of blackforest ham, with very fresh, crisp veg - I had been missing my fruit and veg on holiday, and this more than made up for it. No space for dessert, the food was hearty and filling.

Such a good experience, especially with the waiter we had that day who was very attentive and friendly, that we managed to come back a second time before we departed home. This time however, service was efficient but rather surly in the form of our waitress - she seemed experienced but rather in a bad mood. My partner had the daily special of roast chicken (which was excellent home-cooked fare) and unfortunately, my choice was rather forgettable. Good overall experience again though.

Tip - go for the daily specials, and go early - the first time we arrived at 530pm on a weekday and it started to get packed before 7pm, the second time we got there at 6pm on a weekend and almost couldn't get a table.

• Visited January 2012