“Nicest view to complement your food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lakeview Lounge

Lakeview Lounge
111 Lake Louise Drive | Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, Lake Louise, Banff National Park, Alberta T0L1E0, Canada
+1 403-522-1601
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 29 restaurants in Lake Louise
Cuisines: Tapas, Healthy, Canadian, Wine Bar
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Description: Spend quality down-time admiring our very best views of Lake Louise and the Victoria Glacier while sipping your favourite Fairmont Modern Classics cocktail or one of our outstanding wines from the newly renovated contemporary Lakeview Lounge. Featuring seasonally inspired lunch fare and a deliciously shareable evening tapas menu, the Lakeview Lounge offers guests a one-of-a-kind dining experience surrounded by architectural and natural beauty.
Melbourne, Australia
“Nicest view to complement your food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

No trip to Lake Louise would be completed without dropping in for a meal at either the Lounge or the Dining Room. We chose the Lounge as it was a flying visit for us. Request for a window seat, you won't be disappointed by the view, although there might be a wait for this.
The food is not too bad, nothing extra special. Service is so-so, I guess we looked pretty casual and I didn't sport an LV bag but nonetheless treated well by our smiling waitress. My partner had the bison sandwich and it was divine!
The building itself is pretty aged. I thought the building exterior looked better on a postcard, and there are some cosmetic smudges in the interior.
Overall, a must-do with your other half, and get a seat by the window.

• Visited February 2013

87% Recommend
Redondo Beach, California
“Moments made into Memories”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I have been to the Lakeview Lounge many times. I usually just drop by when I am visiting for a ski trip and have had many memorable memories sitting there enjoying the view and having something to eat or drink. This place is one of a select few in the world where you can combine a view that is out of this world with good food and drink. Is it expensive, yes. But when you have a view like that and the food and drink are good, not to mention good service, then expensive is what you would expect. On my most recent trip, we dropped in and had a beverage and then decided to return the next day for high tea. This required a reservation for the tea and I asked about certain tables being reserved and was assurred we would have the table or one like it that I wanted. Unfortunately, the next day we found out that our male server was incorrect about this, but to the credit of Mandy the manager, and Lauren, our server for tea, they turned it around and made it correct and while a little inconvenient, they made up for it with free drinks and some complimentary additional food that was very pleasing to us. I have to compliment them on correcting something that one of their fellow workers incorrectly did but they really tried to correct it and provide really good service and compensate for the problem. I will absolutely return and this place is magical in my opinion and others from what I read.

• Visited March 2013
Edmonton, Canada
“Expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Great view of the lake, but the food is a little expensive. Its nice to try once, but then go to the Strube or the Glacier Saloon.

Visited February 2013
Nelson, Canada
“Lunch on top of the world.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I was recently entertaining a good friend and her daughter and one of the highlights of the girls visit was skating in front of the ice sculptures and a lazy lunch in the Lakeview Lounge. We enjoyed professional service, good food and a million dollar view.

• Visited January 2013
Nuku'alofa, Tonga
“Wow what a setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Nice soup and nibbles, excellent service and the view is one of a kind. Very busy so you have to book between 1200 and 1500 hrs as this is peak time for visitors and yes no preference for in house guests. Makes it a bit of a planned occasion. Had a love time sat back and just took in the view. If you go on a sunny day in winter request a seat back for the window as wow it gets very warm. You can see the view from any location so make it comfortable and back away from the window. Service was good and attentive.

• Visited February 2013