Having read the reviews on trip advisor before we left, we were expecting a bit of a mixed bag.
However, our fears were allayed immediately on arrival (apart from some rudeness from one of the valet car parkers when we inadvertently parked in a valet car park space - he obviously wasn't happy we decided to park our own car!) and we received an upgrade to a deluxe lake view room which was stunning.
The work on the front lawn is still ongoing but was a minor inconvenience when you consider the setting.
Service was outstanding in the Lake View Lounge and the Victoria Restaurant - one piece of advice - book the restaurants as soon as you arrive - we couldn't get into the Victoria on our first night.
I agree with a previous review that $6 Canadian for the water in the room is excessive and in a hotel of that standard should be complimentary but otherwise the room was great.
Contrary to a previous review there is plenty to do around Lake Louise - Moraine Lake, Emerald Lake, the town of Field and the spiral tunnels to name but a few.
All in all the Chateau Lake Louise was outstanding and one of the highlights of our three week holiday to Canada.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by some of the most breathtaking scenery in the world, the iconic Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise resort is nestled deep within Banff National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Enveloped by soaring mountain peaks, the majestic Victoria Glacier and a glistening emerald lake, the natural beauty of this destination permeates every nook of the historic resort - originally built as a base for outdoor enthusiasts and alpinists. The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise is a year-round luxury resort which specializes in offering extensive Guided Mountain Heritage programs, unparalleled skiing in the winter, exceptional food and beverage experiences and a new spa, The Spa at the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. PLEASE NOTE: Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise is undergoing renovations to the aquatic centre and the pool facilities will be unavailable for swimming or usage from April 22-June 30th, 2014. We apologize for any inconvenience as we undergo these exciting enhancements. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Jetsetter, Travelocity, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise Hotel Lake Louise
- Chateau Lake Louise
- Fairmont Lake Louise
- Lake Louise Fairmont
- Fairmont Hotel Lake Louise