As a frequent traveller I've stayed in a lot of very good hotels all over the world, but a stay on the Fairmont Gold Floor (7th floor) of the Chateau Lake Louise came about as close to perfection as a hotel could. The room was very well appointed with a beautiful view of the lake and the glacier, and the whole floor was exquisitely quiet. It was hard sometimes to believe anyone else was staying there! It's definitely worth it to be far from the madding crowd that makes the main lobby permanently crowded and noisy (the Fairmont Gold Floor has a private check-in).
The room cost is certainly not cheap, but we found that we hardly spent any other money during our stay since the breakfast, prepared by Kenneth (the Floor's private chef) was huge and of the highest quality--trays and trays of freshly baked pastries, a big array of fresh fruits, custom omelettes, bacon, sausage, smoked salmon, cured salmon, and on and on, as well as the generous set up of canapes from 5-7 p.m. provided all the food we needed. Tea, coffee, and water were available all day and "snack packs"--water, juice, fruit, muffins, trail mix--were provided if you ordered the night before: very handy for the hiking trail. The concierge also brought out maps and suggested hikes that would be clear of snow, and had other suggestions of where to go and what to see. The tour buses are at Lake Louise all through the day so early morning or evening walks around the Lake itself are especially tranquil.
The Gold Floor lounge is styled like a library in an English country house and as well as lots of sitting areas and an honor bar provides free internet access. It was nice to socialize with the other guests (there were some!) there, too.
Worth every cent spent--highly recommended for a luxurious Canadian Rockies experience.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise Hotel
- Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise Hotel Lake Louise
- Chateau Lake Louise
- Fairmont Lake Louise
- Lake Louise Fairmont
- Fairmont Hotel Lake Louise
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by some of the most breathtaking scenery in the world, the iconic Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise resort is nestled deep within Banff National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Enveloped by soaring mountain peaks, the majestic Victoria Glacier and a glistening emerald lake, the natural beauty of this destination permeates every nook of the historic resort - originally built as a base for outdoor enthusiasts and alpinists. The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise is a year-round luxury resort which specializes in offering extensive Guided Mountain Heritage programs, unparalleled skiing in the winter, exceptional food and beverage experiences and a new spa, The Spa at the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Otel, Travelocity, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.