“A must-do” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise

Save Saved
You added Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise to your Saves list
Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   111 Lake Louise Drive, Lake Louise, Banff National Park, Alberta T0L 1E0, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
4TH NIGHT FREE!
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Lake Louise
GreenLeadersSilver level
pismo beach, california
“A must-do”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Enjoyed a few days early April and followed TA poster's recommendations for the club floor ... asked at
check in and rooms were available for upgrade at $130/night. Lovely spacious room and spectacular
view of lake and mountains. Did not get dark until 9 pm which allowed an extended time to gaze and
reflect on natural beauty. Light snowfall on occasion made it extra special during walks around the lake
and looking out the window. Food deli and restaurant prices not that unreasonable so unlike other club floors
in other locales...this was not a cost-saving as it might be for a family of more than two. Great staff all around
and thoroughly loved our stay. Would like to return during summer for the alternate side of this beautiful place.

Room Tip: go for the lake side if at all possible...it never hurts to ask...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
FCLL, General Manager at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Fairmont Gold is truly a hotel within a hotel, and I'm so glad the service and amenities you received were excellent. We're lucky to experience an extended winter, so snowfall during April and even June isn't unheard of. It certainly makes the sunning views even more idyllic. We look forward to welcoming you back sometime soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (979)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

The view in front of the hotel is stunning. Food and service are really nice. Dinner and breakfast here are better than what I expected. Price and the taste are reasonable. A decoration inside my room is perfect. It's better than Fairmont hotel at Banff. I wish I could return here during summer.

Spokane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

This hotel is fairly remote and so most visitors would probably plan ahead however we decided to visit at the last min and our stay was fabulous. It may sound silly but I saw a commercial last year on Alberta which stuck in my head and so when we decided to take a last min trip I wanted to ski at Lake Louise.

I think we were staying inbetween busy times as the resort was not crowded at all nor was the area. We arrived late, at 1am, after a 7 hour drive and so did not experience any wait to check in. My husband woke me up the next morning, which he never does, and told me I had to look out the window. The view of the lake, glacier and mountains was so stunning it brought tears to my eyes.

We stayed on the gold floor. Not sure what type of room we had but it was an incredible lake view and had ample room for the two of us. There was an entryway, living room and bedroom combo area with sofa, chairs, desk, and fridge. There was also a coffee maker that we did not use as there was a lounge just across the hall.

The lounge food and snacks were excellent. The valet recommended we use the hotel shuttle to get to and from the ski resort but we opted to drive and had front row parking. I'm sure this is not the case most of the time, I think we just lucked out. No crowds skiing, no lift lines. The hotel hot tub and pool were perfect after skiing.

All of the hotel staff and visitors we encountered during our stay were incredibly friendly. No bad moods, no angry complainers... It was elegant, beautiful and not stuffy at all.

I would highly recommend this hotel. Our stay was perfection.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
It sounds as if your trip to The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise was exactly what we endevour to deliver to each and every one of our guests. I'm so please you enjoyed your stay on Fairmont Gold and that the service you received was exceptional. Thank you for your kind comments; we look forward to seeing you again!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Beautiful view from my room, but rooms are small and the service quality is lacking.

Rooms:
Rooms are extra small with limited to no extra amenities. Make sure to pack everything you need. You will get towels, one small shampoo, one small conditioner, one small lotion, and a standard body/hand bar. There was a blowdryer but I packed my own.

Staff:
The front desk staff were courteous and professional. The bellman on duty Tuesday evening (white guy, a bit chubby) was very friendly and helpful. Service staff in the pub on the main floor was severely lacking. Could I get a drink? Well, I was only asked about 2.5 minutes before I had to leave. They are stickler with you moving any tables or chairs to accommodate larger parties. Obviously neither the guest nor increased profit through sales comes first. I wonder what does...

Location:
Great location on Lake Louise. Beautiful views, grand interior, and many stores to keep you from having to go off property.

Overall:
A nice, grand place to stay. If for some reason you are planning to stay in your room (but why would you?), then make sure to upgrade to a suite. I have heard that they can be quite nice. Don't expect much from servers and you won't be disappointed. If you plan to just go out and experience the wilderness, you will likely enjoy yourself just fine.

• Stayed April 2013
Stony Plain, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Had the chance again to stay in Lake Louise for a conference. Location is the perfect setting for meetings and personal relaxation. The view over the lake even covered in snow was breathtaking. Was able to walk to end of lake and use the steam bath every day before meetings. Saloon was nice casual dining with great atmosphere. Thanks again for what was an excellent 5 days.

• Stayed April 2013
FCLL, General Manager at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay. Attending a conference in Lake Louise can almost be like having a vacation, and I'm glad you were able to experience everything we have to offer. See you again soon!
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Service is the key at Chateau Lake Louise.......bell hops, room service, restaurant servers, front desk, concierge, people just walking the halls.....everyone was so warm and polite, we were made to feel very special. We liked it so much we wrote seven commendations before leaving.
Over the four days and nights we dined at the Poppy's Brasserie for breakfast (you don't have to do the $30 buffet, try the eggs Benedict or the Spa breakfast - wonderful!) the Deli for brekkie lunch and in betweens and also entertained a german friend at the Walliser Stubbe - who was very happy to get a really good schnitzel. We booked the Ski and Play package which gave you a resort credit or two adult ski passes each day, from research this represented pretty good value. We paid for the larger Deluxe Room and were fortunate enough to be upgraded to a lake view.
If you think you may never pass this way again then treat yourself to the chateau. It has all the atmosphere of yonder years and big enough for 10 kids to have a great hide and seek game (if allowed) while adults enjoy a great tapas in the Lakeview Lounge with its amazing view over the lake and mountains.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

The manager Leslie was awesome! She took really good care of us, as there was an issue with our Spa appointment. The person in charge of the Spa was not very nice, as there was some miscommunication with the hotel staff and the Spa people. They should have better co-ordination, which I told Leslie and she was very receptive to our feedback. We appreciated her hearing is out and making amends. Also, the Ian the manager at the Fondu restaurant was awesome! I highly recommend eating there.

• Stayed March 2013
While it was disappointing to read that you experienced some issues with your Spa appointments, I'm thrilled to hear that Leslie was so capable and able to rectify the situation. I'll be sharing your comments with her and with Ian. Thank you for your review; we hope to see you again!

Been to Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise? Share your experiences!