Because we were only staying one night, we brought our own food to save some money. Even though it was chilly (minus 10 to minus 20 degrees celcius) there was little wind and that made it tolerable.
There's something magical about being here in the winter that you don't get in the summer and we loved the snow covered landscape.
We went on the reasonably priced sleigh ride which takes you along the north side of the lake to almost the end - it's a much larger lake than it appears from the shore of the Chateau. Our driver was quite personable and friendly, and treated his team (Chuck on the right and Charles on the leftt) very professionally; and, he was careful with the trail users and his horses as we progressed. Blankets were provided, but we dressed warm as well - the blankets would not have been enough, but they certainly helped - DRESS WARM!
Our room was a bit small and there was no heat control in the room so it was also a bit chilly.
The decor was beautiful, and of course, being Christmas, there was even more sights to enjoy.
They had a nice pool, but not very large and almost too cool. They had a large hot-tub, though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by some of the most breathtaking scenery in the world, the iconic Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise resort is nestled deep within Banff National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Enveloped by soaring mountain peaks, the majestic Victoria Glacier and a glistening emerald lake, the natural beauty of this destination permeates every nook of the historic resort - originally built as a base for outdoor enthusiasts and alpinists. The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise is a year-round luxury resort which specializes in offering extensive Guided Mountain Heritage programs, unparalleled skiing in the winter, exceptional food and beverage experiences and a new spa, The Spa at the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. PLEASE NOTE: Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise is undergoing renovations to the aquatic centre and the pool facilities will be unavailable for swimming or usage from April 22-June 30th, 2014. We apologize for any inconvenience as we undergo these exciting enhancements. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise Hotel Lake Louise
- Chateau Lake Louise
- Fairmont Lake Louise
- Lake Louise Fairmont
- Fairmont Hotel Lake Louise