“One night stay and sleigh ride.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise

Save Saved
You added Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise to your Saves list
Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   111 Lake Louise Drive, Lake Louise, Banff National Park, Alberta T0L 1E0, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
4TH NIGHT FREE!
Ranked #3 of 6 hotels in Lake Louise
GreenLeadersSilver level
Calgary
“One night stay and sleigh ride.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Because we were only staying one night, we brought our own food to save some money. Even though it was chilly (minus 10 to minus 20 degrees celcius) there was little wind and that made it tolerable.
There's something magical about being here in the winter that you don't get in the summer and we loved the snow covered landscape.
We went on the reasonably priced sleigh ride which takes you along the north side of the lake to almost the end - it's a much larger lake than it appears from the shore of the Chateau. Our driver was quite personable and friendly, and treated his team (Chuck on the right and Charles on the leftt) very professionally; and, he was careful with the trail users and his horses as we progressed. Blankets were provided, but we dressed warm as well - the blankets would not have been enough, but they certainly helped - DRESS WARM!
Our room was a bit small and there was no heat control in the room so it was also a bit chilly.
The decor was beautiful, and of course, being Christmas, there was even more sights to enjoy.
They had a nice pool, but not very large and almost too cool. They had a large hot-tub, though.

Room Tip: We had a room with a lake view - it's a bit more cost, but the view is breathtaking, especially...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

2,569 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (790)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

There is no better place to stay in Lake Louise, especially at Christmas time when the lake is frozen and they clear out an area for you to skate at night. The place is big but so cozy at the same time. Had a wonderful time here - perfect winter getaway.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

My stay 3-9 December room 620. Must start by saying I would go back it was a fairytale place awesome surroundings etc. good location 5 minutes on courtesy bus to ski park. My meal I mention about was at the main restaurant glacier saloon. The steak was the rarest one I have ever saw. They apologised and supplied a new meal. I was violently sick shortly after and had D+V for the next few days. They called me the next morning to say there were investigating it and at 4pm to ask if I was ok. Very disappointed being my honeymoon, I approached the head of security and was made to feel like I was Looking for a freebie when explaining my concerns he said "what do you want a free meal or room service or something?" I took no liberties and asked only for an update concerned for others and an apology. I explained i could pay my own way and had water in my room. Even when I checked out I mentioned my stay was excellent apart from the food poisoning the reception girl laughed and I said to her I didn't find it very funny. There may have been something on the screen.

• Stayed December 2012
FCLL, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you very much for posting your review. It is incredibly disappointing to read of your experience. I will send you a private message as well, but please contact me at the hotel at your convenience so we can ensure this is resolved in investigated promptly.

Warm Regards,
Lisa Riches
Executive Assistant
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We loved our stay here in December. Great activities, wonderful winter wonderland ambiance. Great service, beautiful room. We will be returning when up in Canada during winter time. Our room was very clean. We had no difficulties booking dinner reservations and activities such as the sleigh ride.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

The hotel is old but still in good condition. A little bit like in a train station at the lobby with many outside guests sightseeing. Guess it was due to peak season. There are some shuttle bus that will take you to some spots nearby. Some free, some don't. You don't have to worry with recreational activities, all were taken care of. Definitely good for family. Not to forget, the view from the room was just gorgeous! Took my breath away. I'd love to return, and definitely longer stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Had a wonderful stay & my family enjoyed all the amenities & we tried things that we thought cost a lot but surprising quite reasonable.
Had dinner at Glacier Saloon, great food and very reasonably priced for a family of 5...
And the Chateau Deli was a great alternative to a quick meal & good coffee...

• Stayed December 2012
Columbia, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

If you want to relax and get away from it all, the Chateau is where to be. From the minute we arrived we knew we were in for a treat and it only got better each day. So peaceful and idyllic. It was late November and the snow was beautiful. We literally hiked for miles each day and took hot chocolate breaks between excursions. The evenings were filled with cocktails and delightfully delicious food. Our mornings began with a breakfast to die for on the 7th floor reception area.. We have traveled all over and this trip and home (the Fairmont) will be remembered as one of our best and most relaxing.

Room Tip: Opt for the Gold
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
The hikes around Lake Louise, whether in summer or winter, are some of the best in the world! And hot chocolate breaks are just the thing in the snowy seasons. We hope you'll be able to visit us again soon!

Warm Regards,
Lisa Riches
Executive Assistant

Been to Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise? Share your experiences!