“Fantastic spa and beautiful hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Post Hotel & Spa

Save Saved
You added Post Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Post Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 Pipestone Rd, Lake Louise, Banff National Park, Alberta T0L 1E0, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #2 of 6 hotels in Lake Louise
Leeds
“Fantastic spa and beautiful hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I spent the day at the spa while my friends went skiing (couldn't go due to injury), and had a fantastic experience. I did the same at a hotel in Banff last weekend and was very dissatisfied (see my other reviews). This spa is lovely - private hot tub and eucalyptus steam room in the changing rooms, which are spotlessly clean and have every amenity you can imagine. The lounge is very comfortable, the only comment I would have is the lack of reclining chairs. Tea, coffee, water etc all available and staff always plumping up the pillows and offering you more tea. Magazines, waterfall and fireplace too. The treatment rooms are comfortable and my massage was very good - the masseuse very accommodating for my injury. The hotel pool is also available to spa guests and also has another hot tub with lovely mountain views and a co-Ed steam room. Also spotlessly clean. I had a bite to eat in the bar afterwards and was also very pleased with the service and quality of food. Roaring fire was kept alight by staff tirelessly bringing more wood. I would definitely stay at this hotel if I was in the area.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

475 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

The Fairmont Chateau may be more famous but the Post Hotel is the best quality hotel in Lake Louise. As you would expect from Relais et Chateau, the staff are discreet and well trained, the rooms are pretty, comfortable and well fitted out and the public rooms are spacious and welcoming. We were a group of 4 friends who ski together for a week each year and we like our creature comforts but we also want good value for our money. As we had a whole week we enjoyed the benefits of the hotel - lovely pool and spa, cosy fire lit bar, excellent and on demand van service to the slopes - practically to ourselves. On Friday the hotel started to fill up and over the weekend it appeared full. So if you want the buzz, come on the weekend, if you want tranquility come during the week. The restaurant is of a very high standard, and the wine cellar holds an impressive 29,000 bottles according to the history of the hotel on the wall. However, we found it a bit rich for our blood for every night and we found our way to the pub bar, also located in the hotel but reached only by putting on your boots and going outside, where there was a limited menu of more informal fare in a room with a large fireplace. In fact our only complaint all week was that we wished there were more places to eat, which is not really a criticism of the hotel so much as of the resort itself.

Room Tip: If you like trains ask to sleep on the non-"preferred" side and you can hear when they occ...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Scottsdale, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We checked in Sunday for 2 nights, the place was very quiet and it was like we had it to ourselves. This is was our second time here, and we requested the King with fireplace on the "preferred" side. It is certainly quieter than the "train" side. We did the "Gourmet Package" which included a 6 course tasting menu with wine, and 2 breakfasts (and a 500ml bottle of wine and fruit basket in the room). This is a great value since gratuities and tax is included in the package price. The jacuzzi in the room worked great (bath salts are a nice), plenty of wood, and the higher-end soaps & shampoos were a nice touch. You also get robes and slippers. It's also nice that they have a coffee station on each floor, so you can just go get a cup of coffee or tea (no other options, and there is not a coffee/tea maker in the room).

6 Course dinner & wine was amazing. We were disappointed in the breakfasts, they chef doesn't know how to poach eggs medium. One morning the whites were runny, the next morning they were way over cooked. If your going to charge $17 for eggs, you better know how to poach and egg!

We hit the pool, spa, steam room in the afternoon, and we were the only people there. The pools sparkled and were very clean (& the hot tub was perfect after a day of skiing). Tip: They keep their steam room off, so make sure you turn it on when you get there, since it takes >30 minutes to heat up.

Bring your skates, the hotel has a skating rink right off the main lobby. We did visit the Pub one night, but just left, they only had 2 beers on tap. The Lobby bar was great for drinks, and had a roaring fire with comfortable seats. They also have a limited menu, we ordered a pizza, but the dough wasn't cooked through, so it was soggy and doughy. The main lobby has tea time from 2-5pm, but we didn't partake.

If it wasn't for the improperly cooked eggs and the under cooked pizza, I would have rated this 5 stars. The rooms have the "rustic" feel, but they were very comfortable and having a real fire was very nice. Great place to go for a romantic getaway, since the dining room was amazing!

Spring, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This hotel welcomes us back each year like we are family ! It is just a special place! Staff is professional but friendly. Dining is excellent. The bar is so inviting with the fire going and the beautiful scenery. We love the Post Hotel and Spa so much !!!

Room Tip: choose the preferred side of the hotel unless you are going in winter....train and parking lot on th...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

My family and I stayed here to celebrate my mother and I's birthdays. This is our 2nd or 3rd time at the hotel, however the last time we were here was over a decade ago! My parents had fond memories of this hotel, and it was still as excellent as in the past!

The staff are absolutely wonderful! Very helpful and sincere. My father dropped his phone in the parking lot and the staff were quick to return it. We had a couple requests for the room (extra toilet paper, etc.), and it was brought to us quickly. Of course, those who were working the restaurant were amazing, and brought back the old school feeling of proper European hotel service.

The rooms are simply gorgeous. Rustic wood panelling, quaint furniture and one of the most gorgeous bathrooms I've seen. Our only complaint was the hardness of the mattresses... all of us had sore backs in the morning! Also, we couldn't turn down the heat in the room, and so my parents did not sleep as well. The TV also only had 25 channels, and we were hoping to catch a particular show that wasn't available. However, most people aren't there to watch TV!

Of course, the place was impeccably clean and well taken care of. Someone even came in that night to turn down the sheets and put chocolates on the pillows!

The Post has thought of other things too, like a ski and snowboard rack at the entrance so people don't track mud and water into the hotel. You can wander the hotel and see beautiful professional photos and old paintings. It really is a gorgeous little hotel.

We can't say enough about the food! Dinner was fantastic! Very expensive, but for an event like a birthday, it was well worth it. They added a great little birthday touch to our dessert as well.

Overall, great hotel! Would definitely recommend for travellers or quick stays. This is a pricey hotel though, but such are the hotels in this area of Alberta/BC!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

The Post is nestled in a beautiful forest with a spectacular view of the mountains. When I opened the door to the room, I was pleasantly surprised to find a roaring fire, fruit basket and bottle of wine.

The next morning, we had a delicious breakfast. The servers are quite friendly and attentive.
The front desk staff was informative and exceedingly patient with us as we asked about a hundred questions about skiing, skating and where to rent gear.

The real show-stoppers were the spa masseuses and the restaurant staff. I felt absolutely spoiled with a 7 course meal with special wine paired to each course! The wait staff pulled out all the stops for us that night, including an extra glass of champagne!

All of the staff we encountered were eager to serve and genuinely concerned with our stay. Steve at the front desk went on a crusade to find nail clippers and I broke a nail skiing!

In short, with the delicious breakfast, gorgeous vistas, exemplary spa staff, 5 star restaurant and proximity to Lake Louise, how could I say no when my boyfriend proposed?

Truly a magical and enchanting weekend that I will never forget. Thank you Post!

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask the front desk for ear plugs.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

My husband and I recently celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary at the Post. My husband was first dazzled by the Post when he celebrated his 18th birthday dinner there close to 20 years ago. He vowed to take me there one day and it was worth the wait as it met all expectations. The setting is gorgeous and service is top notch. We loved that it honoured old world charm rather than the modern monstrosities of today. The cozy room with working fireplace (prepped nightly by staff) and to-die-for linens made it the perfect place for our romantic getaway sans kids. The food and wine was extraordinary and we felt was largely wasted on the kids wandering about. We loved our time and will be happy to share it with our kids on their 18th birthdays!

Room Tip: Ask for the "preferred side" when booking.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Post Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!