“Most romantic weekend of my life-Thank you!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Post Hotel & Spa

Save Saved
You added Post Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Post Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 Pipestone Rd, Lake Louise, Banff National Park, Alberta T0L 1E0, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #2 of 6 hotels in Lake Louise
Calgary
“Most romantic weekend of my life-Thank you!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

The Post is nestled in a beautiful forest with a spectacular view of the mountains. When I opened the door to the room, I was pleasantly surprised to find a roaring fire, fruit basket and bottle of wine.

The next morning, we had a delicious breakfast. The servers are quite friendly and attentive.
The front desk staff was informative and exceedingly patient with us as we asked about a hundred questions about skiing, skating and where to rent gear.

The real show-stoppers were the spa masseuses and the restaurant staff. I felt absolutely spoiled with a 7 course meal with special wine paired to each course! The wait staff pulled out all the stops for us that night, including an extra glass of champagne!

All of the staff we encountered were eager to serve and genuinely concerned with our stay. Steve at the front desk went on a crusade to find nail clippers and I broke a nail skiing!

In short, with the delicious breakfast, gorgeous vistas, exemplary spa staff, 5 star restaurant and proximity to Lake Louise, how could I say no when my boyfriend proposed?

Truly a magical and enchanting weekend that I will never forget. Thank you Post!

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask the front desk for ear plugs.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

499 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

My husband and I recently celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary at the Post. My husband was first dazzled by the Post when he celebrated his 18th birthday dinner there close to 20 years ago. He vowed to take me there one day and it was worth the wait as it met all expectations. The setting is gorgeous and service is top notch. We loved that it honoured old world charm rather than the modern monstrosities of today. The cozy room with working fireplace (prepped nightly by staff) and to-die-for linens made it the perfect place for our romantic getaway sans kids. The food and wine was extraordinary and we felt was largely wasted on the kids wandering about. We loved our time and will be happy to share it with our kids on their 18th birthdays!

Room Tip: Ask for the "preferred side" when booking.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I go to the Post Hotel once a year, and love the staff, service and this hotel.
Sure the train is loud but you are in the Rockies and the railway system is part of the history.
We have a Condo in Canmore and guess what- the trains are loud there as well.
The railway station (now a restaurant) is within walking distance and the drive to Moraine lake is awesome.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We had been RV camping and decide on the Post for a nice meal out. We were not in our Sunday go to meeting clothes but we were in no worse turn out than any of the other diners. The Maitre d' was stuffy, pretentious and unwelcoming. The waitress was stiff but attentive if not well informed about the food she was serving. The menu is extensive and although not imaginative presented itself as first class. The food was disappointingly ordinary. Seasonal vegetables were a mound of over cooked yellow beans with bacon. The roasted potatoes were dry and appeared to have been kept in a warming pan too long. My husbands buffalo was fine but my fillet did not have the reduction the menu said it came with. The wine list is excellent. My coffe was luke warm but the waitress kindly made me a fresh pot. At $250.00 the bill was ridiculous. At that price I don't want to afford a second chance.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

We were staying at the Chateau and the concierge recommended dinner at The Post. I was so pleased, I couldn't have had another meal in the Saloon Bar. Dining options at the Chateau at this time of year seem to be limited.
Dinner at The Post is at the other end of the spectrum....it was magnificent. My son had a bison steak, my husband had caribou and I had salmon. All beautifully prepared and cooked. Lovely atmosphere, open fire, great staff. Our waiter Stefan was knowledgable about the wines (the cellar is incredible...25,000 bottles) and the menu. The dinner was a highlight of our trip, we loved it.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
cochrane alberta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

This is a very expensive hotel. I paid over $300.00 for a very average room. I was looking forward to a Jacuzzi bath in the morning but it was not working. The beds are hard, the trains are loud and I should have spent a few dollars more to stay elsewhere. I won't be staying again, nor will I be recommending this overpriced very average hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying here over Christmas, it was expensive but worth every penny. We had a lovely room with terrace and fire on the top floor with a fabulous view through the snow covered trees to the skihill The public areas were beautifully decorated and the staff excellent. This place has a personal charm that the Chateau certainly does not. It was nice to visit the Chateau but lovely to return to the Post knowing our snug room awaited us. We had a beautiful meal (one of the best I have experienced) on the 28th and were very well served by Michael including a visit to the amazing wine cellar! Thank you for making our stay so special,My only gripe was the pub which we visited for dinner on Christmas Day where the special was turkey Unfortunately this was slices of meat atop mashed potato with a few sprouts, nothing else! well if that's how you celebrate Christmas in Canada I am staying in London!!

Room Tip: The top floor at the back had a stunning view and was very quiet
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Post Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!