I stayed in a Fairview suite for 4 nights then in a Cabin for the next 4 nights. It was a fantastic place to use as a base to explore the whole area. the temperature in the area was starting to get a bit cold and on two nights we even had snow but both the suite and the cabin were wonderfully cosy and warm. The suite had a great view of the mountains and a deck out the front with a couple of chairs and a small table which was lovely on the sunny days. the cabin also had a deck out the back with a view over the pine forest at the back of the property down over the valley towards Lake Louise village and the snow covered mountains beyond. I was travelling alone (but with a lot of luggage) and found that there was much more room in the suite for suitcases and other gear. the cabin might be a bit too crowded for more than two people. the kitchens in both were wonderful and there is a supermarket in the village (or Keller's supermarket in Banff when you are in there). the staff at Paradise are all young students or overseas travellers and they are either working to pay for their studies or working to continue travelling. they were wonderfully friendly and helpful. Both my suite and the cabin had a great bath which was wonderful to soak in after wandering around during the day. If you are staying there even for a couple of days, don't miss the Icefields Parkway. Take the turnoff to Peyto Lake/Bow Summit and there is a snow forest which was all covered with snow even though there was none 10 minutes away. take a drive around the Banff golfcourse late in the afternoon and you will always see elk grazing (which is great for people from overseas like me who haven't seen elk before). there was a moose living across from Paradise too and sometimes he was grazing just beside the Lake Louise road. there are some nice restaurants in Lake Louise village too. would love to stay there again. the property is closed during the winter months - I think it closes at the end of September each year.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Lodge & Bungalows Hotel Lake Louise
- Paradise Lodge & Bungalows Hotel
- Paradise Lodge And Bungalows
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise Lodge and Bungalows offers a unique setting of individual cabins and suites in the heart of the Canadian Rockies. Located only 1 Km from Lake Louise and 14 time Alberta Housekeeping Award winner, Paradise Lodge and Bungalows exceeds expectations. Attention to detail and a welcoming atmosphere makes a destination to come back to. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your Paradise Lodge & Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.