“Literally takes your breath away” 5 of 5 stars

Visit Peyto Lake like an insider
Top Rated
$193*
and up
Columbia Icefield Tour including the Glacier...
Ranked #4 of 17 things to do in Lake Louise
“Literally takes your breath away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I've been to the Rockies many times and this place amazes me every time. There's no way to explain how amazing it is. Just go see for yourself!

Visited September 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Madrid, Spain
28 attraction reviews
“Amazing views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

There is a way up the hill from the road to have the best views of this lake. One of the best places that one person could see. The color of the water is just unbelieveble.

Visited October 2012
Altrincham, England
19 attraction reviews
“Canadian Rockies scenery at its best.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

There isn't any point in repeating what everyone else has said. I'll just add a tip picked up in a guide book.
If you walk uphill beyond the main viewing platform and then take a trail to the right at the point where the main trail turns left, walk for about five minutes and you will find yourself looking down onto Peyto Lake and the glacier from a spot of splendid isolation. We had the view entirely to ourselves for fifteen or twenty minutes. That way you really begin to appreciate the grandeur of the situation.

Visited September 2012
Colchester, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
“No photograph can capture this.......”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We visited Peyto lake as part of a day trip with Discover Banff Tours, we were in fact on the way to the Athabasca glacier. The stop here made me smile and I'm still smiling about it. Stopping in the car park gives no clue as to what awaits only a short walk away. A good surfaced pathway to a viewing platform.......and I just wasn't prepared for the view. I smile because I don't think anyone else was prepared either. The stunned silence broken only by whispers of "WOW". Thank goodness my memory is working well - because no photograph of mine, or any others I have seen, gives complete justice to possibly the most stunning scenery I have ever witnessed. If you only have time to see just one sight then this has to be no.1 on the list. Absolutely breathtakingly awesome......

Visited June 2012
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
4 attraction reviews
“Peyto Lake”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

One of many impressive views along the Icefield Parkway. We were there on 13 July, 2012 during a heat wave, temperatures getting into the mid thirties. Something we did not expect. And that was combined with a mosquito plague. But the walk up the forest track from the car park was certainly worth the effort. Our timing was such that we were there late morning. Early morning would be best for getting good photos.

Visited July 2012