“Brunch is well worth it” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bison Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 122 restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Contemporary, Canadian
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Caribou
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Brunch is well worth it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We ate here a couple of times, our dinner was lovely but if you're in Banff on a Sunday make the effort to come here, a great selection of food that tasted amazing. Ensure you wash down with a Mimosa.

Visited August 2013

80% Recommend
  • Polish first
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Bison Banff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Loved the Bison Restaurant! I had the steelhead trout and my husband had the bison burger. Both were excellent. We were served on their second floor outside patio with a wonderful view. Great evening!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Minneapolis, MN
“Amazing Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

The Bison Restaurant had the best service I've enjoyed in quite a while! The drinks were phenomenal, especially the specialty martinis and cocktails. We had the roasted cauliflower as an appetizer. I know it doesn't sound that special, but it was to die for! My husband and I each tried the bison ribeye, which came highly recommended. I would say it was just ok. The meat was quite fatty. I wouldn't say it was worth the price, but it wasn't bad. I would definitely go back to this restaurant.

Visited September 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“4.5 / 5 if I could - very fine meal!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Banff is a tourist trap that gets overrun with hoards of tourists (like us!), and understandably so - it's absolutely stunning. It can be hard to find a truly fine meal in a place that doesn't have to concern itself with return clientele. Discussions on the food boards will reveal that there's a a lot of average trying to dress up as (and charge for) fine dining in Banff. Our meal at the Bison was terrific. I would go back again in a heartbeat.
I had the New York steak and my companion had the bison short ribs. Both were top notch. The beef was amazing. - certainly some of the best I've ever had for the cut it was. We also split a flat bread appetizer (duck confit and rhubarb) beforehand and it was interesting and unusual, and also was top notch.
The server was very pleasant, but the only knock would be that we spent a lot more time waiting for things than we should have. I do not mean that "the meal took more than 10 minutes to arrive" - I don't expect fast food when I go out for a very nice meal. But it was long enough from the time that we ordered drinks until they arrived that the server apologised for the delay. Similar story when we were waiting for the bill. And, more or less, throughout. Not bad service, but just a lot less ... attentive than you would expect for a very fine meal.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“A must when visiting Banff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

I was very skeptical about going here but my boyfriend had talked me into it (I don't often like things I'm not familiar with.) But The Bison turned that around for me. I wish I remembered the name of our Waitor, he was originally from Nova Scotia and just excellent to deal with! I am a very picky eater but he was extremely kind, warm and patient when explaining the foods, their ingredients, and preparation. Very knowledgable and made me feel so comfortable trying the new-to-me foods!

There wasn't one single thing that we had at this restaurant that we didn't like, everything was fresh, light, and very tasty! I had steak and my boyfriend has the bison burger, we also shared dessert which was flavours of ice cream or something... But delish, none the less!

Go here! You will not be disappointed.

• Visited September 2013