“excellent lemon martini and more” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bison Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 133 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Pizza, Contemporary, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Doing business, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Caribou
midwest
“excellent lemon martini and more”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

had a wonderful meal at the Bison in Banff recently. I had the beef tenderloin which was excellent, with fantastic mashed potatoes. Creme brulee for dessert. I thought I could stop with one martini but it just didn't happen. The second one was even better. Staff was on top of everything.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
“Unique food and fine dinning experience in Banff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

If you want something a little bit different in Banff than just regular bar and grill stuff this is the place my husband and I went here on our honeymoon and ordered the charcuterie platers and it was fantastic very high end! We actually took pics of the food because the presentation was outstanding! And they gave us complimentary champagne because we were on our honeymoon! They have these really cool tables that are rustic giant slabs of tree! The staff was so nice We loved it!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
“Pleasurable Dining Experience in Banff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I went to this restaurant in Banff with a large group of people on a Saturday night. The service was excellent and the food enjoyable. I had a delicious salad with figs and spiced nuts and the roasted chicken. My choice from a pre-selected menu. Next time I would like to come back and order off the restaurant's main evening menu. The restaurant appeared to have an extensive wine list. Looking forward to trying this restaurant in the future with my family.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
St. Albert, Canada
“Father's Day Brunch, then back for Dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

wow, what excellent food. I ordered the rib eye eggs benedict which my brother was eyeing and he ordered the french toast stuffed with gruyere and bacon and topped with whipped cream and berries which I was eyeing. We split both and both devoured it all. It was so tasty and uniquely Canadian that I took my own family back for dinner the same night. They have a decent kids menu. Their salads are very unique, fresh and tasty, but small portions. The mains - we both had steak - were also unique, incredibly tasty, cooked to perfection and brought to our table piping hot. It is fine dining, but casual. highly recommended.

Visited June 2013
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Overpriced, underquality”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

This was priced to be a high class restaurant, but the food didn't follow suit in quality. I was very under impressed by everything, and I am not a hard person to please. The only thing they have going for them is that their food is organic and local. They just need to learn to cook it now.

• Visited June 2013