“Pleasurable Dining Experience in Banff” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bison Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 125 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Contemporary, Canadian
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Caribou
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
“Pleasurable Dining Experience in Banff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I went to this restaurant in Banff with a large group of people on a Saturday night. The service was excellent and the food enjoyable. I had a delicious salad with figs and spiced nuts and the roasted chicken. My choice from a pre-selected menu. Next time I would like to come back and order off the restaurant's main evening menu. The restaurant appeared to have an extensive wine list. Looking forward to trying this restaurant in the future with my family.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
St. Albert, Canada
“Father's Day Brunch, then back for Dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

wow, what excellent food. I ordered the rib eye eggs benedict which my brother was eyeing and he ordered the french toast stuffed with gruyere and bacon and topped with whipped cream and berries which I was eyeing. We split both and both devoured it all. It was so tasty and uniquely Canadian that I took my own family back for dinner the same night. They have a decent kids menu. Their salads are very unique, fresh and tasty, but small portions. The mains - we both had steak - were also unique, incredibly tasty, cooked to perfection and brought to our table piping hot. It is fine dining, but casual. highly recommended.

Visited June 2013
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Overpriced, underquality”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

This was priced to be a high class restaurant, but the food didn't follow suit in quality. I was very under impressed by everything, and I am not a hard person to please. The only thing they have going for them is that their food is organic and local. They just need to learn to cook it now.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Canmore, Canada
“Outstanding Bison”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Great service, amazing food. The only downside is that they are not a gluten free friendly restaurant. Very little selection with those who have dietary need.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, NC
“Amazing!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We went by the suggestions here and so glad we did, best meal we had on our Rocky Mountaineer 9 day trip around BC except for the train meals. The Bison was exceptional food and I would definitely return there again for a dinner.

• Visited June 2013