“tasty burgers” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bison Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 132 Restaurants in Banff
Cross street: Caribou
North Carolina
“tasty burgers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We ate here on our last night in Banff. We wanted something simple & not too expensive -- the first you can find in Banff; the second you cannot! But I had hoped to try a bison burger before leaving town, and this restaurant was suggested.

We had no reservation on a Saturday night, but because we arrived before the dinner crunch, the staff found space for us and were very helpful and pleasant about it. We both ordered a bison burger, and it was very tasty. For a burger, it was also a bit on the pricey side, but this is par for the course in Banff. The burger came with fries which were really more like large wedges of baked potato -- far from the best fries I've eaten and a bit disappointing if, by "fries," you expect something crispy. And fried. These were more oily and soft. The homemade ketchup that came with them was very good, however. The dessert menu offered some unusual and tasty-sounding options. I was full, but tried something along the lines of pumpkin bread with cranberry ice cream. Very good.

The atmosphere is chic and urban, but it was already starting to get very loud by the time we left. I think it might be difficult to eat with a large group of people here.

We were happy with our food and the service, but a burger is a relatively straightforward dish, so we didn't exactly challenge the chef. What I saw go by to other tables looked very tasty, however, and I would return to this restaurant if I make it back to Banff.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Korean first
  • Polish first
“Farm fresh and all sorts of TASTY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Three different people in town recommended this place, so I decided to check it out. Locally sourced ingrediants with a lot of great choices on the menu. I went with the rabbit which was probably the best I have ever had. The portions were good sized and the price was reasonable.

Service was attentive and friendly- casual vibe but very nice. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend to family or friends, in fact I would encourage them to put it on the list of to-do's while in the area.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Toronto, Canada
“Great place to eat in Banff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We had a terrific dinner here. The rest of our party went to Earl's and we decided to try out the Bison. We had fantastic food - I had the steelhead trout which was superb. Crispy and moist at the same time. My husband had the special which I can't remember what it was, but he loved it. We shared the birch syrup creme brulee for dessert and it was heavenly.

Visited October 2012
Calgary, Canada
“Outstanding food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Had a reservation for 27 people following a conference in Banff. We were pleased that the service was extraordinary, the food was absolutely first class. The beef tenderloin was the best we have had. The Bison will be a must visit whether for a romantic dinner for two or a big group. They can handle it with class.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Airdrie, United Kingdom
“Fab food, great menu.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Found this restaurant in my lonely planet book, so hats off to them. Excellent food, great staff. Having struggled with Canadian sized portions all week this was a pleasant surprise and even allowed us some room for desserts.

Visited October 2012