“Overpriced” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 72 things to do in Banff
Activities: Heli-skiing
More attraction details
Owner description: CMH Heli-Skiing and Summer adventures provides adventure travel in both the summer and winter seasons for all levels of travelers.
Calgary, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Overpriced”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

The food is amazing. Stayed at the Bugaboo lodge and what a joke. Half the crowd will go to sit in a chair. The lodge manager was a pompous jerk (Dave), surprised his body supports his ego. All of the hikes and the terrain from the bugaboos lodge can be accessed via hiking from the logging road. I was almost embarrased to have to use the helicopter to get to these sites when an additional walk could access them without the cost of the polution.
Save your money.

Sao Paulo, SP
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed at the bugaboo lodge on our honeymoon in August 2002 and it was amazing. We had a fantastic time at the heli hikking experience. The room, the food and the guides were perfect and we hope to comeback soon. The canadian mountain holiday provide us with a unforgetable experience! Thanks!

Orpington, United Kingdom
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“The Best Skiing in the World”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Just been on our fourth trip Heli skiing with CMH. This really is the best skiing in the world. They have a number of lodges throughout the area and most of them are remote high up in the mountains. Lodges are not really a good description because they are very luxurious. The food is fantastic and the guiding and service is second to none. A lot of care goes into making you feel sate in what is a dangerous sport. As a first timer i would recomend doing a powder Intro Group because skiing powder all day is never experienced in a resort. As long as you are a high end intermediate you will be able to cope and the instruction certainly helps. Expensive but definitely the best.

Visited January 2013
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Almost too fantastic to describe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We spent 3 days of our honeymoon helihiking at CMH Bugaboos this August. The hiking was simply amazing with a continually changing view that was never anything other than breathtaking all day long. With 4 or 5 guided groups each day it was easy for all to find their level and get the most out of the experience. We were able to go place that only a few hundred people get to go each year, and no one had been all season, and being out in the wilderness like that was extremely special. That said, we fully appreciated the comfy cozy lodge, hot tub, gourmet family style meals, bar, and private room when we returned form our hike each day. The guides were friendly, knowledgeable, experienced, and seemed to be enjoying themselves as much as we were. The staff at the lodge were very helpful and the kitchen staff turned out the most fantastic food you could imagine, and plenty of it. The helicopter was pretty cool too. I can't wait to go back someday!

Maryland Line, Maryland
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Do it. See my advice.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

It was fascinating: heli-hiking in early August. Glad I did the 6 days; 3 would have ended too soon. 6 days and two lodges. Well described by others below. The smaller lodge, Bobbie Burns, had friendlier feeling, because smaller, because staff younger, because CMH CEO was visiting. But both places exceptional. Similarity of background and intent means all guests congenial. Best to hike with same or nearly same small group each day for sake of bonding. The experience bonds. I did a lot of high-altitude ridge hiking, a variety of hiking at tree level (rivulets, ponds, wildflowers), and the milder of two Via Ferratas. The guides saw my white eyebrows and left me out of the bolder Via Ferrata group: a mistake, but places were limited by the need to accomodate 2 eager young families. Via Ferrata means Iron Way; one needs the nerve and agility of a child on a jungle-gym to ascend rock faces via iron handholds. I did it with a large and healthy group, all in late middle age. Not for couch potatoes. I'm glad I proved my prowess, but the most rewarding hikes were among the fragrant pines, snow fields, animal tracks and wildflowers below the peaks. I'll specialize in lower hikes, should I return. Higher hikes monochromatic. The copter never grew old; it grew in delight. Except for water bottle, gear they supplied was well suited: backpack, jacket, shoes, trekking pole. Wish I skiied. I was the only solo traveler . That was uncomfortable at meals till some befriended me. A veteran guide called CMH "adult summer camp", and that it is, save for its brevity and creature comforts.