“Do it. See my advice.” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Ski/ Snowboard Areas, Hiking Trails
Activities: Heli-skiing
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: CMH Heli-Skiing and Summer adventures provides adventure travel in both the summer and winter seasons for all levels of travelers.
Maryland Line, Maryland
18 attraction reviews
“Do it. See my advice.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

It was fascinating: heli-hiking in early August. Glad I did the 6 days; 3 would have ended too soon. 6 days and two lodges. Well described by others below. The smaller lodge, Bobbie Burns, had friendlier feeling, because smaller, because staff younger, because CMH CEO was visiting. But both places exceptional. Similarity of background and intent means all guests congenial. Best to hike with same or nearly same small group each day for sake of bonding. The experience bonds. I did a lot of high-altitude ridge hiking, a variety of hiking at tree level (rivulets, ponds, wildflowers), and the milder of two Via Ferratas. The guides saw my white eyebrows and left me out of the bolder Via Ferrata group: a mistake, but places were limited by the need to accomodate 2 eager young families. Via Ferrata means Iron Way; one needs the nerve and agility of a child on a jungle-gym to ascend rock faces via iron handholds. I did it with a large and healthy group, all in late middle age. Not for couch potatoes. I'm glad I proved my prowess, but the most rewarding hikes were among the fragrant pines, snow fields, animal tracks and wildflowers below the peaks. I'll specialize in lower hikes, should I return. Higher hikes monochromatic. The copter never grew old; it grew in delight. Except for water bottle, gear they supplied was well suited: backpack, jacket, shoes, trekking pole. Wish I skiied. I was the only solo traveler . That was uncomfortable at meals till some befriended me. A veteran guide called CMH "adult summer camp", and that it is, save for its brevity and creature comforts.

Visited August 2012

4 attraction reviews
“Best vacation ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

We just returned from the best vacation experience ever! We do a lot of traveling but this was the best experience ever! From the booking process ( flawless ), accommodation (this was my idea of roughing it-soft bed,hot shower and private rooms!), food (5 star Boston restaurants are not as good as the food here!) , the people(outstanding) and the outrageously fun hiking via the via ferrata and the Conrad Glacier! We meet great guests and super fun employees here! I can't say enough about the positive experience we had! A special thanks to guides Carl, Mark, Todd, Jf and Mark for providing us with the best mind-blowing fun ever! You guys were professional but your enthusiasm was contagious and made for really exciting and fun days! I'm still giddy thinking about what we did! I really appreciate the amount of effort and thought you put into creating both the ferrata and the Conrad glacier ! Spectacular ! I would HIGHLY recommend Candian Mountain Holidays! It may seem pricey but believe me you get your money's worth and then some! I was so impressed with the organization that we are going back this winter for heliskiing! Tips-get in reasonable shape before you go so you can enjoy the best hiking (however they have hikes for all abilities so no worries but the best hikes require physical fitness and no acrophobia). So worth the splurge!

Fort Worth, Texas
“Natures beauty at 9000 feet.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

cmh vactions was mindblowing exhileration and the level of pampering was beyond the number of stars you could assign. You are treated like royalty-all inclusive trip is all that and so much more. I am going to start planning for my next trip back.

Visited August 2012
Whistler, Canada
5 attraction reviews
“I never imagined skiing could be this AMAZING”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

I spent a week at the Bugaboos Lodge in March with my good friend, and I will never forget the amazing people I met, the outstanding service I received, and the absolutely fantastic skiing we all got to enjoy.

You start your trip by boarding a helicopter (soon you will be used to this, as you will do this many times a day) and taking a scenic ride into the back country lodge, where you are personally greeted by Dave, the Area manager, who walks you up to the lodge.

The lodge itself is very comfortable, and you soon feel like you are staying at a friend’s house, rather than in a hotel. Lianne, the Lodge manager’s attention to deal and service shines through in all of the staff’s daily activities, which is some of the best personal and caring guest service I have ever received. The food is plentiful and delicious, and they have thought through every need and desire you may want. You will soon fall into the rhythm of the place, stretch class, breakfast, ski, lunch, ski, drinks, hot tub, dinner, and repeat.

The skiing is truly something you have to experience, and although the terrain and snow make it good, the guides take it over the top and make it amazing. You can really tell that they love their job, how could they not, and the many years of combined experience (Kobi and Helen you’re genius) give you such a feeling of comfort you would follow them anywhere.

If you are a diehard skier or snowboarder you MUST add a trip with CMH to your Bucket List, the sooner the better, as you will quickly decide to return and start counting the feet skied to your very own Million Dollar Suit.

I cannot wait to return.

Visited March 2012
Fairfield , CT
“Fabulous mountain hiking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

CMH provides wonderful multi-day guided hiking deep in the mountains of B.C. Hikes are tailored to different abilities, guides are very knowledgeable, lodge is immaculate and very comfortable, food is fantastic, other guests are interesting and fun companions. The trip of a lifetime.

Visited September 2011