“Great breakfast Buffet” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bow Valley Grill

Bow Valley Grill
The Fairmont Banff Springs | 405 Spray Avenue, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L1J4, Canada
+1 403-762-6860
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bow Valley Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 123 restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Canadian, Grill, Family Fare
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Buffet
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: There is a bus service run by the town which runs approximately every 40 minutes into Banff. Fare is $2.00 per person. The bus operates daily from 6:35 a.m. until 11:15 p.m. The bus stop is located directly outside the front of the hotel on Spray Ave.
Description: Savour the very best in authentic Rocky Mountain cuisine at the Bow Valley Grill - home to our legendary weekend brunch. Enjoy majestic views of Banff National Park in a relaxed family friendly atmosphere that celebrates the spirit of the outdoors, with handcrafted sculptures and tables constructed by local Albertan artisans. An impressive open kitchen provides an opportunity to see our talented chefs in action as they create delectable meals using seasonal organic produce and a focus from farm to table.
Toronto, Canada
“Great breakfast Buffet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We had buffet breakfast every morning and I am not usually a fan of buffet but they offered a wide range of choices including made to order omellettes. A large array of fresh fruits and pastries. Fresh orange juice and much more. I did not enjoy the coffee but they did offer a wide choice of teas.

Visited May 2013

84% Recommend
Calgary, AB
“Sunday Family Brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have recollections of Sunday Brunch at the Fairmont Banff Springs hotel many, many years ago and I remembered things differently from this time around. I was expecting a more "grandeur" setting, like how I remembered, but things must have changed since I came here last. We were given a table with a view, and don't get me wrong, it was beautiful, just not how I remembered it to be. But coming now to the food part of brunch. It was fantastic. Our kids (5 and 4) were not disappointed. They ate what they wanted...pizza, bacon, jello, gummie worms...and it was free for them... The food selection was great and I was very pleased with that. You get what you pay for, and they certainly had the goods! The setting may not be how I remembered it, but we still had a great Sunday family brunch together. It was a nice splurge for a once-in-a-year birthday and anniversary celebration!

Visited May 2013
Calgary
“Overpriced, BUT....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Right off the bat, I disagree with the $45 per person price tag. That being said, I still will go back and although I just contradicted myself I have to say this place is extraordinary at best. It is everything you've heard this place to be. We went for the Sunday brunch which offers a very wide array of dishes from all sorts of ethnic origins, from waffles and typical Sunday dishes all the way to roasted duck and risotto dishes. YUM. They offer gluten free varieties and the service is exceptional. I would not have expected less, seeing as how this is one of the finest hotels in the world, it better have a restaurant that holds its value! Great job for sure. I can see the point for the price, but I do think its a little high. Just me. Reservations are required as this place fills up quick!! Oh, and we got there an hour early and the hosts worked hard to seat us early. AWESOME. Now thats what I call great service. Very friendly staff too. In a world that is rotting away because of bad attitudes and such, its nice to be treated with respect and dignity! Thanks!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I would like to see the breakfast improve as in different dishes. Not the same all the time. Also, if you leave your table for a second helping & don't want the server to pick up your plate, please let him/her know. I like that they promptly clean up the table but if you really want that leftover egg omelet you might want to let your server know.

Visited March 2013
Calgary
“Bow Valley Grill Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We met up with some friends from Calgary we were a group of 5. We were sat at a table that was big enough for maybe 3. There were plenty of other tables our friends had made the reservations when they found out we would be in Banff. We actually bumped into some mutual friends who were a party of 2 and they sat at a larger table than our group of 5. 3 of us are beefy football players. Ended up having to sit with my chair almost hitting a table of two behind us. Now the brunch was fine, the coffee needs help. I can appreciate the amount of coffee that the restaruant goes through but it was terrible. Huge carafe on the table itty bitty creamer. Now I may be picky but we paid good money to sit and eat a comfortable meal. That didn't happen. We had the party behind us bumping chairs with us, bad coffee, semi warm food and we had to wait some time for our bill.