“Googt food and great environment” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bow Valley Grill

Bow Valley Grill
The Fairmont Banff Springs | 405 Spray Avenue, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L1J4, Canada
+1 403-762-6860
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bow Valley Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 128 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Canadian, Grill, Family Fare
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Buffet
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: There is a bus service run by the town which runs approximately every 40 minutes into Banff. Fare is $2.00 per person. The bus operates daily from 6:35 a.m. until 11:15 p.m. The bus stop is located directly outside the front of the hotel on Spray Ave.
Description: Savour the very best in authentic Rocky Mountain cuisine at the Bow Valley Grill - home to our legendary weekend brunch. Enjoy majestic views of Banff National Park in a relaxed family friendly atmosphere that celebrates the spirit of the outdoors, with handcrafted sculptures and tables constructed by local Albertan artisans. An impressive open kitchen provides an opportunity to see our talented chefs in action as they create delectable meals using seasonal organic produce and a focus from farm to table.
Louisiana
“Googt food and great environment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We had dinner on the night of Thanksgiving. It was a buffet, but it was an extraordinary layout of a variety of good foods including the traditional turkey and dressing. Also some very good pasta and meat choices. A very good meal for the night.

Visited October 2012

Toronto
“Save your money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We were staying in the area and thought it would be fun to try their brunch offerings. Food was buffet-style, dried out, with a limited selection of boring items. Our waitress was reluctant to clear our plates, and tried to remove our cutlery, asking "Are you going to eat more?" She asked each of us the same question in turn, as if she thought it distasteful for us to want to actually have more food. The only good things were the fresh orange juice and the coffee. The outdoor surroundings are lovely, and it's a great place for a hike, but I strongly recommend you opt to eat elsewhere. There are lots of places in the area with much better fare and much more reasonable prices.

Calgary, Canada
“Food's always great, thanksgiving is special”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Always good service, excellent food. We love the thanksgiving buffet, saves me from making dinner and we get a nice day out in Banff. Brunch is really good there too. Higher prices during special times but for what you get to eat (seafood, dessert) it's worth every penny.

Visited October 2012
“Superb Sunday Brunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

I made reservations in advance for a Sunday brunch as I was visiting Banff & Jasper for a week. I read reviews that the wknd brunch at Fairmount Banff Springs Hotel was not to be missed- I certainly was not disappointed! From the moment I stepped into the lovely dining area I was captivated by both the atmosphere and the plethora of food choices awaiting us. There was a hostess who took us to our spacious booth near the buffet section and our server was exceptionally friendly & the attentive.

However, the real jewel is the choice and quality of food selection- there are so many choices you don't know where to start first from the smoked trout/salmon , eggs Benedict, an omelette station, delicious fresh jumbo shrimp, fresh fruits, exotic vegetables and a choice of juices and a pot of hot steaming coffee to complement your meal.

My most memorable part of the meal was the juicy shrimp and the smoked trout along with the heavenly desserts. It may seem pricey at $45 CD per person but I thought it was well worth it. I wanted to eat more but I was planning to hike at Yoho National Park that day so I didn't want to overstuff myself. A nice walk of the hotel grounds was a perfect way to walk off the good with great views of the mountains and the springs in the back. This buffet brunch was comparable to that of Las Vegas Bellagio buffet but I prefer the ambiance and service here.

The hotel itself is well worth a pit stop even if you don't plan to dine or stay on premises- you won't regret it!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hooksett, New Hampshire
“Outstanding for either breakfast or dinner.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

The breakfast buffet is outstanding, if pricey, with an incredible range of selections to suit every taste. The dinner menu is less extensive, of course, but still offers a wide variety of selections. The service was outstanding. The decor is above average but consistent with the luxury hotel. Our food and wine were excellent and the desert buffet is also very nice.

Visited August 2012