“Good margaritas!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 124 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: El Toro after a long day skiing or for your romantic dinner in our warm and cosy atmosphere! Tapas, Cahteaubriand for two or delicious steak will be sure to satisfy all taste buds!
Minneapolis, MN
“Good margaritas!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

This restaurant had good margaritas made from scratch! The menu had nice variety, and the food was a good value. I had the beef fajitas, which were really good.

Visited September 2013

Leawood, Kansas
“Wonderful food and service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We loved the food we had at El Toro! If we had another day in town, we would have returned to eat there again. We ordered guacamole & chips (awesome), then fajitas and quesadillas. All wonderful. Service was excellent as well. Highly recommend El Toro!

Visited August 2013
Canada
“Good meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

This restaurant offers Mexican & Spanish dishes. We had a good dinner.

- Calamari (tapas): It tasted just so-so. I can't put my finger on it but compared to other calamari I've had it didn't taste as good (we often order calamari as appetizer in different restaurants). The good part is that it wasn't too salty. I like the fact that they don't put too much salt on their food. Texture was good, too.
- Beef fajitas: Good, not salty (which I like) tasted fine, beef was tender.
- Chorizo penne: Hearty meal, large portion, tasted good...salty but not their fault, chorizo sausages are salty.
- Service was good.

All in all, good restaurant. Good meal and good service. Taste is average.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We found this restaurant from Trip Advisor, and whilst it was slightly out of the main town, and in the hotel district, we gave it a go, based on the menu. We had not made a reservation, but were shown immediately to a table, and met by our waitress, who was extremely pleasant.
Our children decided to go for main courses, including steak and burritos, and my 13-year-old son, who enjoys rugby, thought that the burrito, and all the trimmings, were excellent; he wanted to organise another, but I persuaded him to have a pudding instead. The parents decided to share a series of tapas plates, including quesadillas, which were excellent. We eat tapas regularly in Spain, and I have to say that these were just as good, and we were spoilt for choice. Only my son decided to head in the direction of puddings, the rest of us being full, and promptly demolished a very good helping, and well presented, Mudpie.
We were not rushed, but left the restaurant within an hour and a half. The place was busy, but not overcrowded, and overall, an extremely convivial way to complete our visit to Banff.
The only minor point related to the price of wine, and this was slightly higher than we have experienced anywhere else on our trip; it was however of good quality, and well chilled, without having to ask.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Princeton, British Columbia, Canada
“Delightfully delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

After travelling all day, my brother and I were anxious for a good meal and El Toro didn't disappoint. I had the red pepper soup which was fresh and yummy and split the nachos with my son. My daughter opted for the scallop tapa and thoroughly enjoyed it. My brother had a big old slab of beef and it was grilled perfectly and was absolutely delicious. This was not our first time to El Toro and it definitely won't be our last. El Toro is consistently good and a nice pit stop anytime.

• Visited July 2013