“A special stop in Banff.” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: El Toro after a long day skiing or for your romantic dinner in our warm and cosy atmosphere! Tapas, Cahteaubriand for two or delicious steak will be sure to satisfy all taste buds!
St. Albert
“A special stop in Banff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Our visit to the restaurant was upon recommendation of the hotel in the same building. We were welcomed by the staff and our server was very attentive to us. There were several groups in there at the same time but our food was tasty, had a good presentation, and was served at a good temperature.
Besides dinner we also enjoyed breakfast there. The crepes with yogurt and fruit purée were great and a nice change from other pancakes. Again the server was attentive to us but also included some information about Banff and its attractions. Although we are familiar with Banff, her comments were appreciated.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Toronto, Canada
“One Word: Chateaubriand”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We went to El Toro on the recommendation of our hotel. We were so glad that they suggested it. We decided to order the Chateaubriand For Two. I have to say that it was most definitely the best beef I've ever had in my life. It just melted in your mouth - and what a flavour. It's prepared at your table which is kind of fun. The only negative thing that I could say about our meal was that we both found the Caesar salad a little bland, but the main course more than made up for it. If we're ever in Banff again, we'll definitely be going there and I already know what I'm ordering!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Following other comments from T.A. we chose to have breakfast at El Toro having paid over the odds the previous morning at the hotel we were staying at.
This was a very good decision. Good choice,attentive service and an acceptable price made for a most enjoyable breakfast.
The food was of a very good quality,hot and served with a smile. I have no reservation in recommending it.

Visited June 2013
Airdrie, Canada
“the perfect place to take your wife”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

i made a reservation for me and my wifes 8 year anniversery and was amazed with the whole dinner, i would go again, our waitress was one of the best. next time were in banff were gonna try the breakfast

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Edmonton, Canada
“Excellent breakfast.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Good breakfast. Good service. Fresh fruit, good coffee, good menu.
I'll consider this restaurant for breakfast next time I'm in Banff.

Visited May 2013