“Great food, good atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 121 restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: El Toro after a long day skiing or for your romantic dinner in our warm and cosy atmosphere! Tapas, Cahteaubriand for two or delicious steak will be sure to satisfy all taste buds!
Winton, south Island, New Zealand
“Great food, good atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Excellent family breakfast for 5 with friendly and efficient staff. Would need to be very hungry to finish off a whole meal, great food.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

83% Recommend
Edmonton, Canada
“A staple of every Banff trip for us”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My husband and I have been going to El Toro on every visit. We always have the Chateau briand, but on a family trip, we went twice and tried something different.

The service that we get is always top notch, as is the Chateau Briand.

On this trip, we also tried some tapas, my husband had the asparagus, I had the empanadillas, and both were amazing!! Although, I had a largish plate, the 2 empanadillas looked small in comparison.

We would always recommend this place to anyone, service and food is terrific!

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Edmonton
“good place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

ate here one night.. everything was really good...
fresh made,..
highly recommended
I love these types of restaurants...

Visited October 2012
Brisbane
“Yum Yum Yum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I have recently moved to Banff and in the three months I've been here I eat here about every second week. It is just that good!! Out of the 50 or so places to eat in town I can tell you hands down, it's in my top 5!! I mostly come for the burger. It's a real, hand made quality meat patty, juicy but not dripping with fat, not frozen and big. They put some mushrooms and aged cheddar on it (not that orange plastic cheese), caramelised red onions (sweet and delicious) and a couple of rashes of bacon. But the best part, is the olive focaccia bread they put it on. It's always fresh, light and fluffy with just the right amount of olive in it (for those that aren't olive fans it's not over powering just enough). They also serve this up with a thick and creamy chipoltle mayo and big fat hand cut chips. The other thing I like about this place is it's consistency and service. It's a little gem that I'm glad to have found. SO GOOD!!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Delta, Canada
“Great food, price and service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

El Toro provided dinner every night for our team on a recent retreat in Banff. Our group had some special needs and food allergies that make us a bit of a challenge some times but Isabelle and her staff did a wonderful job of feeding all of us. The food was great and the service was exactly what we expected. Each evening we had the opportunity to see many of the great selections from the menu and I am looking forward to getting back and trying some of the dishes that have been recommended by other guests.

• Visited November 2012