“A Very Memorable Dining Experience!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Swiss
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Port Charlotte, Florida
“A Very Memorable Dining Experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

After reading the mixed reviews posted on Tripadvisor, my husband and I made a reservation. We are not sure where all the negativity came from. The restaurant posts their menu in two places outside, prices included, so there should be no surprise. My husband is a third generation Swiss Cheese Maker! He was very anxious to try the fondue and veal dishes. We were not disappointed! The cheese fondue was a perfect blend, smooth and rich. It was served with a basket of very fresh bread cubes. We were not rushed, so we didn't order our main course until after the fondue. My husband chose the veal and I had the elk osso bucco, both were fresh and delicious. The wild mushroom cream sauce on the veal reminded my husband of his grandmothers cooking! The waitress was a delight. When deciding which wine to choose, she let us sample and made suggestions. Great service! And the restaurant is VERY CLEAN, contrary to other reports.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Floral Park, New York
“Should be better for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Had dinner. We had spaghetti w bolognese sauce topped with some roast vegetables. Wife liked it. Also had gnocchi w smoked duck in a walnut/nutmeg sauce. The duck was over-smoked.
It altered the taste of the whole dish. And for duck breast it was very stringy. Also ordered the dinner portion [not the appetizer]. Noticed that there was a charge for sharing pasta dishes. Would not like to see the appetizer portion, for the dinner one was not that big. All in all would not recommend this place.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Consistently good dining experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

My family have been fans of Ticino's for years. As the Banff restaurant scene has trended toward cookie cutter high profile chains, Ticino's provides a pleasant dining experience. The veal dishes are outstanding, their signature mushroom soup a feast for the palate and the service is professional and personable. The atmosphere is warm and conducive to conversation. We enjoy dining in Canmore which has become a Mecca for foodies but we love the warmth and consistently enjoyable experience of dining at Ticino's in Banff.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Leduc, Canada
“Super Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

They take on bus groups here and as we approached we thought we would be SOL....but no...they sat us a a nice table for two and we had a great dinner. The satff was excellent..
TIP....order the chocolate Fondue dessert for two...but have room!

Visited May 2013
Evansburg
“Delicious as always!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have gone here for the last two years and have no problem with my meal each time.
I enjoyed the pork tenderloin, the buffalo steak and the salmon.
The cheese fondue is pretty darn tastey and I had no problems with flavour or stale bread.
I also enjoyed the homemade Gelatos and the tirimisu...very tastey!!!
I would recommend this hotel as our service was excellent, food great and overall experience very enjoyable.
I will keep coming back!!!

• Visited May 2013